Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I still don't understand the whole "souvenir" thing. Does that actually protect sellers or do they just put it on their packs thinking it does? The definition of "souvenir" is "a keepsake for a place visited" so I don't know how it even applies to seeds you purchase online. Wouldn't it make more sense to just print "Please look up and follow your local laws before planting these seeds" on the packs?
What about the "luxury bird seed" market? They gotta make a buck too.

D

Deleted member 60

I still don't understand the whole "souvenir" thing. Does that actually protect sellers or do they just put it on their packs thinking it does? The definition of "souvenir" is "a keepsake for a place visited" so I don't know how it even applies to seeds you purchase online. Wouldn't it make more sense to just print "Please look up and follow your local laws before planting these seeds" on the packs?
It's like the whole "donation" thing some cats use and think will protect them when they sling. Sorry...you just SOLD that unit FOR a set price....a "donation" is...by definition...."something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money". Heehee...but I'm safe now cus I didn;t really SELL it...I DONATED it. Pffft.... kids say the darndest things.....

What's even funnier in the whole scheme of things re "seeds" is that the packs of "souvenir bird seed" are then dropped in the Federal mail system....

Next up....

"These seeds are NOT delivered through the US Mail....the little birdies who eat the seeds will fly them to your grow spot and wait for you to open your packs. Please check local laws dealing with the feeding of birds before feeding your flock"

Last edited by a moderator:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It's like the whole "donation" thing some cats use and think will protect them when they sling. Sorry...you just SOLD that unit FOR a set price....a "donation" is...by definition...."something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money". Heehee...but I'm safe now cus I didn;t really SELL it...I DONATED it. Pffft.... kids say the darndest things.....
I was just reading yesterday that there are shops popping up in NY selling stickers for the price of bags of weed and then including “gifted weed”. Dude on Reddit was telling me it’s legal but I told him he needs to read the laws, because people pulled that in ever state that went legal, and they all eventually got busted since the laws are written to prevent any other transaction or bartering to happen when weed is gifted.

D

Deleted member 60

"in every state that went legal" is right. We had folks trying to open up "juice bars" early on where you'd go in and buy a juice for a crazy price...then you were ..yup.."gifted" weed for doing so. Lasted about a week....and those folks found out that "legal" is only "legal" if it's the state who is profiting.

It's all too easy these days as it is...and the cats who wanna slide in like that are solid proof of that shit. In the old days they wouldn't have lasted more than a day before gettin' popped....

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
"This site is intended for those persons 21 years of age and older. All cannabis seeds/marijuana seeds are for educational and souvenir purposes only." This gives the seller a small amount of deniability legally. But, as we all know, If they want to take you down, this will not stop them. In most cases, they will hit you with mail fraud and call it a day. Hard to beat those types of charges. The buy this and get a gift thing has always made me laugh. You are not fooling anyone with gimmicks, Just bringing more attention to yourself via stupidity.

D

Deleted member 60

The good thing is that in 30 years I can only remember one >incident< involving seeds that caused someone to go down. (about 20 years ago'ish). There are larger fish to fry these days.

Much larger fish....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The good thing is that in 30 years I can only remember one >incident< involving seeds that caused someone to go down. (about 20 years ago'ish). There are larger fish to fry these days.

Much larger fish....
I think in prohibition states now, unless you are slinging eiths at an elementary school for their lunch money you're probably good. If you did something else stupid or illegal then they would throw every weed related charge at you they can to make you "evil" when it comes to publicity, but for the most part the cop on the street knows it's lost the war on drugs.

D

Deleted member 60

In prohibition states it isn't worth it anymore to sling 8ths...or z's.....or lb's. It IS still fun to grow 10X what you need though....simply because ya can.

Not much "evil" here surrounding weed. For decades here if you got popped you got your name in the paper and your charges spelled out for all to see......then they'd see where the judge said "$25 and 10 cans of food for the needy" as the penalty for your "crime". (it's been "Decrimn'd here since '74 and taken down to a "petty" fine but you still get your 15 seconds of fame) In the end, the dox of it all was always the worst part.

The cops I've had interaction with (came to the house with a warrant when I was a med patient) told me they are glad it's legal/glad they don;t have to deal with small amounts/write reports about small amounts/etc. They know full well that it's far better dealing with stoners than yer average BillyBob drunkard.

Sales here will get you in big trouble. Those charges never changed when we went "legal". Now you are stepping on the STATE'S toes when you sling....so ...ooops....not good. As I say....it just isn't worth it anymore here. Take care of friends/relatives....and hope someone is kind enough to reimburse you in some way, shape or form is the gig here. It's totally legal to gift up to an ounce here...so at least there's that....

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Take care of friends/relatives....and hope someone is kind enough to reimburse you in some way, shape or form is the gig here. It's totally legal to gift up to an ounce here...so at least there's that....
This is what I do. I give a ton away to friends and family and those who smoke regularly give me cash from time to time to put toward my growing supplies and electric.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Katsu Christmas Beans! Now I know why H.A.F. ends up with 9 plants in a 2 X 2 as I have so many strains I want to pop right now It's ridiculous.
View attachment 103562
The 2x2 is a stretch, but definitely. I'm new at this but already found several strains the suit me. I may thin the herd eventually and maybe F1 some of the ones I like together, but that's years down the road. I think finding a particular breeder or three that breed for the things you like is the best option. The ones I seem to like are the ones that have a variety within their catalog. Not everything x their stud male.