Latest seed purchase - Show and Tell

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I like using these older seeds, you never know what's gonna sprout. I get a good one every now and then.
Last run, I had some of the biggest sugar leaves and calix on a flower I've seen for a while. Kinda like those first Afghani crosses from the 80's. lol
The smoke is mostly "pine" terps. Not many different flavors to sort out.
Enjoyable smoke
As HAF pointed out, the seeds today aren't coming from the same stock as of 20 or 25 years ago.
My opinion only,
but something happened around the early 2000's in the seed import world. I think they vaulted the "good shit", then cleaned out their storage bins and sold most of their "old stock" seed and "farmed out" seed production to smaller companies.
I wished I had taken better care of my seed collection over the years.
there was a time ,i would set off ,in boat or on three wheeler and make a two day circle around the country with coke bottles of seed, and plant em till i droped , from the fact i could'nt go any farther,you could tell by the plants about when you got em from the sprout rates and how big the patch was , because the rippers left a mess of plants and branches lying about all the way to the truck or boat!a lot of it would show up less than a week later for sale, this led to many a heated convo,and people, forever on the no friend list.even found plants stashed because those kids could'nt drag it back to the house,parents did'nt approve most likely.sad because it was choped in august ,no where close to ready.anyone a little older would have waited till about hunting season, then made the play. and not stash it in pine trees, close to the grow area.

Last edited:

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
Grabbed my seeds for the year a few weeks ago.

20230721_093400.jpg

Can't wait to pop the Greenpoint. First time order from them. Easy ordering, shipping was pretty fast. Plus the revese auctions! Beans for under $20. No problem.

Brothers Grimm hooked me up. June's deal was bogo on testers. Rick tossed in an extra pack and signed it, Greenpoint sticker is covering my name.

Gonna get them wet around new moon in August.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Grabbed my seeds for the year a few weeks ago.

View attachment 129272

Can't wait to pop the Greenpoint. First time order from them. Easy ordering, shipping was pretty fast. Plus the revese auctions! Beans for under $20. No problem.

Brothers Grimm hooked me up. June's deal was bogo on testers. Rick tossed in an extra pack and signed it, Greenpoint sticker is covering my name.

Gonna get them wet around new moon in August.
Mr. Soul is a shady POS. He's a front man, and those beans are likely Duke Diamond produced stock that "Mr. Soul" never paid him for per their contract when Duke left. I wonder if there will be another 10yr hiatus after these beans ae gone before he finds someone to make more beans for him?

Should be great genetics, but I can't support the guy - even to get Duke's gear.

Last edited:

Bobby Legit

Mr. Soul is a shady POS. He's a front man, and those beans are likely Duke Diamond produced stock that "Mr. Soul" never paid him for per their contract when Duke left. I wonder if there will be another 10yr hiatus after these beans ae gone before he finds someone to make more beans for him?

Should be great genetics, but I can't support the guy - even to get Duke's gear.
Huh. So Rick aka Mr Soul isn't a breeder?

Also....ripping off Duke Diamond?? For sure??

Crazy.

I'm not deep in the community/ no history so I just don't know I guess. Anywhere I can read up?

D

Deleted member 60

Been eyeing a few of those Grimms myself. Could be some serious fun. I ran Durban Thai-High Flyer, C99, and Space Queen years ago....then tested fems for Dman in 2004 when he used the Spice crosses and Genius for a myriad of crosses. The feuds are stupid. It's always been a SEEDY business.

Let the plants speak.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Huh. So Rick aka Mr Soul isn't a breeder?

Also....ripping off Duke Diamond?? For sure??

Crazy.

I'm not deep in the community/ no history so I just don't know I guess. Anywhere I can read up?
I wasn't picking on you LOL - they'll be great beans like i said.

Duke Diamond did several interviews with the Austrailian dude on his "Potcast". The most recent one he got into how Soul was an idea man, a front man, and loved doing shows and stuff. The strains he had when he convinced Duke to partner up and re-start Brothers Grimm were stuff left over from the previous legit breeder he had working with him. When that breeder left it was 10 years before he found another "partner".

They had personality conflicts on several levels, then Soul came back from a show with some random guy that was buying into the company. He wanted no part of it and had a contract drawn up for what he should be paid for his genetics that were now part of the company - 4 paymentrs spread out over a year. They agreed but after the first of payment Soul wasn't making any money so it was pulling teeth to get a second payment - then that was it.

That's the gist of it, and i actually thought about looking up BG seeds to get some gear cheap - then I had second thoughts LOL

Bobby Legit

I wasn't picking on you LOL - they'll be great beans like i said.

Duke Diamond did several interviews with the Austrailian dude on his "Potcast". The most recent one he got into how Soul was an idea man, a front man, and loved doing shows and stuff. The strains he had when he convinced Duke to partner up and re-start Brothers Grimm were stuff left over from the previous legit breeder he had working with him. When that breeder left it was 10 years before he found another "partner".

They had personality conflicts on several levels, then Soul came back from a show with some random guy that was buying into the company. He wanted no part of it and had a contract drawn up for what he should be paid for his genetics that were now part of the company - 4 paymentrs spread out over a year. They agreed but after the first of payment Soul wasn't making any money so it was pulling teeth to get a second payment - then that was it.

That's the gist of it, and i actually thought about looking up BG seeds to get some gear cheap - then I had second thoughts LOL
Didn't think you were picking. I just didn't know the story. Thanks for filling the gap.

Seems like sticky was right feuds everywhere in a seedy business.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting @H.A.F. thanks for sharing the knowledge! I honestly was curious WHY they popped up all the sudden after so long a haitus with new genetics etc.
He may be trying his hand at breeding, or he may have found another sucker. Supposedly he's a great salesman. I think that autographing a pack of seeds is pretty ... out there? Maybe if someone came up to you at a show and asked, but just randomly? :rolleyes: 😜 🤷‍♂️

I shut down cable when I woke up, and the podcasts - or re-runs of the good ones - are a good informative diversion. I have a little TV guide thing I made up for the regular ones I like to catch live.

The Potcatst are all pre-recorded, audio only, but this is a good place to start diving down the rabbit hole. This and their FCP02 channel both have great live stuff. Interviews with breeders, people growing out testers for well known breeders and showing all their processes, lots of cool stuff.

Future Cannabis Project - YouTube

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a little 3x3 tent with an under-powered but quality 100w light so I am gonna try a "shade" grow with some of the shorty broadleafs that were bred to grow under the manzanitas. I snagged a pack of Deep Chunk - the rest is freebies. I guess if you order regs you get more reg freebies. I asked for another pack of the 'not-for-sale' Notsdog headband crossed with the Chem91 that I got with my last order and he saw my needs better than I did - now I have the ChemD cross as well :cool:
IMG_5935.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have a little 3x3 tent with an under-powered but quality 100w light so I am gonna try a "shade" grow with some of the shorty broadleafs that were bred to grow under the manzanitas. I snagged a pack of Deep Chunk - the rest is freebies. I guess if you order regs you get more reg freebies. I asked for another pack of the 'not-for-sale' Notsdog headband crossed with the Chem91 that I got with my last order and he saw my needs better than I did - now I have the ChemD cross as well :cool:
View attachment 129348
cool haul!