Kratky method

Will Uncle Rom have a successful harvest for his 1st kratky attempt?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Fuck No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Very interesting to a dirt guy this swimming pool game.. bad shit happens quick but when you correct it you see the results almost instantly. Very cool that I can find out exactly what a plant likes and what it can handle much more precisely than with soil. Soil is cool but I feel there are so many factors. As cool as the organic orgy that goes down in soil is, it is unpredictable

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Very interesting to a dirt guy this swimming pool game.. bad shit happens quick but when you correct it you see the results almost instantly. Very cool that I can find out exactly what a plant likes and what it can handle much more precisely than with soil. Soil is cool but I feel there are so many factors. As cool as the organic orgy that goes down in soil is, it is unpredictable
Yea, hydro is very fun and addictive! Your roots look great too, they are weird tho, I've never had roots grow like that, I wonder if it's because you have no air stone

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Cool to see some Kratky talk here.

I've run some Kratky stuff several times. Last year I did some late season outdoor cannabis in Kratky totes, basically 12/12 from seed. The Cliff's Notes version: the plants were healthy from start to finish and made it to harvest.

I've also done tomatoes in Kratky, that works awesome.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
These are the outdoor Kratky plants I did. I think they turned out pretty decent. Kratky isn't the ultimate grow method, but it does work.

View attachment 34480

View attachment 34481

View attachment 34482

View attachment 34483
Cool! Nice buds.

I’ve yet to see a decent thread about the kratky method being applied to cannabis. Maybe this will be the 1st. (Feel free to post a link of something if you know of a decent kratky journal.)
I respect the simplicity and conservative approach.
It’s the ideal post apocalyptic hydro method.. hmm low fi aquaponics tho.. nvm too complicated. I’m just imagining lots of dead fish and weak plants.. it’s gotta be brutal simple setup when your killing zombies and scavenging for most of the day. 🧟‍♂️

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Cool! Nice buds.

I’ve yet to see a decent thread about the kratky method being applied to cannabis. Maybe this will be the 1st. (Feel free to post a link of something if you know of a decent kratky journal.)
I respect the simplicity and conservative approach.
It’s the ideal post apocalyptic hydro method.. hmm low fi aquaponics tho.. nvm too complicated. I’m just imagining lots of dead fish and weak plants.. it’s gotta be brutal simple setup when your killing zombies and scavenging for most of the day. 🧟‍♂️
Thanks.

I love the set-it-and-forget-it simplicity of Kratky. I've never had a tomato plant grow so quickly as the ones I ran Kratky.

I plan to do some more Kratky dabbling in the future, so I'll be sure to post my adventures here. I feel like anyone interested in growing stuff hydro should try it out and see, doesn't have to be cannabis, could be tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce...it's a fun exercise.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Got back from being out and about for a couple of days and she had almost no water left. There was only 450 parts per milly left in it 😆. For experimental purposes I topped it up with mega crop with biothrive bloom as ph down to see what’s up with the organic option. Said I wouldn’t.. sorry lol. Just left it for a day to see. Not tragic but I feel the plant was up taking nutrients better with the maxibloom meth. Made her up a batch with maxi and dipped the roots in fresh water for a few mins before setting it on the fresh bucket.
48CE3F03-6A5B-40CD-AE4E-C87EB6BE3C4C.jpeg
DE44A2DC-D38D-4357-B2D7-58172D6D6004.jpeg
FBE2FCB1-8977-45B0-A9BD-472A79756928.jpeg
F19AC5D0-8C9D-4CD8-A06E-840855B775FD.jpeg
58AD9B95-DF27-4B57-89C9-B89CC2FE409F.jpeg

hey @SoLowDoughLow
Is it possible to make a poll on this thread?
Would be fun for folks to take a bet whether I can get this unit through flower or not. Haha I wouldn’t be offended at all if folks vote she won’t make it to the end 😆

oh ya. I just added the rinse water to the old res to bring up ph and lower ppmand now I got a nice feed for someone else
DF6BD4AF-E4B4-476E-BC23-500FA1FDCC48.jpeg
I remember Sesame Street mentioning to me as a child that I shouldn’t waste water. I took it to heart

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Got back from being out and about for a couple of days and she had almost no water left. There was only 450 parts per milly left in it 😆. For experimental purposes I topped it up with mega crop with biothrive bloom as ph down to see what’s up with the organic option. Said I wouldn’t.. sorry lol. Just left it for a day to see. Not tragic but I feel the plant was up taking nutrients better with the maxibloom meth. Made her up a batch with maxi and dipped the roots in fresh water for a few mins before setting it on the fresh bucket.
View attachment 35025
View attachment 35026
View attachment 35027
View attachment 35028
View attachment 35029

hey @SoLowDoughLow
Is it possible to make a poll on this thread?
Would be fun for folks to take a bet whether I can get this unit through flower or not. Haha I wouldn’t be offended at all if folks vote she won’t make it to the end 😆

oh ya. I just added the rinse water to the old res to bring up ph and lower ppmand now I got a nice feed for someone else
View attachment 35030
I remember Sesame Street mentioning to me as a child that I shouldn’t waste water. I took it to heart
I'll bet it's gonna make it. This is pretty interesting. I've been wondering...
If I could make a floating planter that let those roots get air, and drop that into a pond. Gotstobee some nutes in the pond water :)