Kratky method

Will Uncle Rom have a successful harvest for his 1st kratky attempt?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Fuck No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Texagonian

Outlaw
I’ll do one. I like set it and forget it. That’s kinda like the f&d totes I’m using. Did my first res change which was also the first adjustment and that’s because the water/ nutrients was so low the pumps were making a slurping noise that was driving me crazy. I like ease of use and quality results. Makes me a lot easier to be around 😂🍻😎

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
@Uncle Romulus I dont get how that kratky thing doesnt get full of something bad. I move the water around a lot and still chase things all the time with peroxide. Crazy. I am going to check it out if they make it right to harvest :D

But the roots. man they look pretty healthy to me. amazingly clean too.
Just tap water and maxibloom. I add like a litre of solution a day and weekly res changes. It’s like tuning a carburetor. I overfilled last time and flooded the air roots a bit. So I didn’t add yesterday. This eve when lights come on she’ll hopefully be runnin lean and I’ll not overfill this time. I’d say water covering a third of the roots to be best power lol. 🚘
Damn, you're kicking ass! She looks awesome
The roots look like ZZtop beards...amazing man
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Just thought of something. The water is very clean round here. It is treated lightly before I get it and comes in round 150ppm. They use chlorine not chloramine or whatever that next level shit the city’s use. I make no effort to remove the chlorine or filter my water, because I find chlorine only messes with organics and honestly doesn’t even hurt that much imo. Maybe if you got real live living soil and all that but as far as bottled or powdered nutes.. (I also don’t worry about chlorine with my mega crop/promix plants these days)
Anyways I would think I’m working with the treatment of the water instead of filtering it. Unfiltered, treated tap water can sit out a while and not get raunchy. Also when I add daily (small bucket) it moves shit around and adds fresh chlorine. 😆 seems backwards, no?
Just speaking more to what @gwheels had said

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Just thought of something. The water is very clean round here. It is treated lightly before I get it and comes in round 150ppm. They use chlorine not chloramine or whatever that next level shit the city’s use. I make no effort to remove the chlorine or filter my water, because I find chlorine only messes with organics and honestly doesn’t even hurt that much imo. Maybe if you got real live living soil and all that but as far as bottled or powdered nutes.. (I also don’t worry about chlorine with my mega crop/promix plants these days)
Anyways I would think I’m working with the treatment of the water instead of filtering it. Unfiltered, treated tap water can sit out a while and not get raunchy. Also when I add daily (small bucket) it moves shit around and adds fresh chlorine. 😆 seems backwards, no?
Just speaking more to what @gwheels had said
I quit feeding filtered water after last grow. I’ve not noticed any differences in my plants. Just use filtered for the little kids.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
I quit feeding filtered water after last grow. I’ve not noticed any differences in my plants. Just use filtered for the little kids.
Ya bro. I don’t think that there is any one right answer here. It would all depend on the local water quality I’m thinkin.
Weekly changes and sanitizing are probably what makes it work. It is pretty amazing.
Ya bro. I’ve put off trying kratky for years cause I assumed it would be too good to be true.
Buying several identical buckets was a good move. I just wash it out with antibacterial dish soap and then rinse and fill the new res. Adding solution frequently really helps as well I’d imagine. That bucket is never chlorine free. I was reading an article regarding growing vegetables kratky. The writer said when the water level never physically touches the net pot or whatever (obviously the roots bring it up to the net pot) it basically eliminates the chance of root rot and the like. She did not elaborate further but I doubt she’s lying to us just for fun.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Weekly changes and sanitizing are probably what makes it work. It is pretty amazing.
Just my two cents from running Kratky outdoors...I'd say not really. I didn't clean or sanitize anything, just topped up a res when it ran dry. And that was during August/September when it's still 100°+ outside. The only real trick to Kratky, in my experience, is keeping light out so you don't grow algae.

I think it's a nifty idea for growing just about anything, but it really shines in short time crops like lettuce.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Just my two cents from running Kratky outdoors...I'd say not really. I didn't clean or sanitize anything, just topped up a res when it ran dry. And that was during August/September when it's still 100°+ outside. The only real trick to Kratky, in my experience, is keeping light out so you don't grow algae.

I think it's a nifty idea for growing just about anything, but it really shines in short time crops like lettuce.
Every time I read the word lettuce I think of episode 1 of SouthPark. Random stoned thought.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Ok so disaster is about to strike. I’m out of ph down and can’t find the bottle I thought I still had. I can’t buy it locally this time of year and amazon would take weeks.. so lemon juice or drainin some battery acid out of an old batter round here is the options. If I run my tap water through a filter jug I have I can drop starting ph that way, but I’ll have to cut with tap water so it will buffer still and i need some of those micros running only maxi bloom. If I use any organic shit to lower ph I see floaters and bad shit happening. Flushed roots with tap water with a bit of dishsoap before yesterday’s res change. Used the last of the ph down. 🤣 fun
67029E92-A13B-4C62-90E2-547D0EF3B132.jpeg
F5A00C47-B031-4F0A-8D76-0FCD3A042520.jpeg