Joebud Genetics

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i never heard anything about the Overgrow,or about the conficated servers ,how long ago did this take place @H.A.F. ?
That was back at the beginnings of the internet - one of the first, if not THE first weed forum. The servers got confiscated and people got investigated and prosecuted.

D

Deleted member 60

I got online in '93. Folks/friends were communicating loosely on AOL at first...then word came around in 1999 that there was a grow "forum" called Overgrow and things started to open up. The ballsy posted pics. The paranoid didn't...though...LOL...those IP's...I mean..if they wanted you they already had you. It was a magent for growers and anything grow related.

There were as many cuts going around/being sold/traded as there were seeds to buy. Every send of seed was from Canada. A business envelope.... and coin pack cardboard inserts with a plastic ring on the inside to keep the seed from being crushed. The envelope always seemed to come with a slight/dirty impression on the outside of the envelop where the pack(s) rubbed. They sent out. However...like anything else weed related...if you play and push it all long enough...shit gonna happen.....

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That's right - he was trying to say that a thread about the legality of pot in each state and federally wasn't a political thread. Then he'd post what this republican or that democrat was proposing for some bill or other "non political" *wink wink* stuff.

I think he tried to blame me for getting the thread shut down - when I just gave the opposing argument to every political article he posted.

Me questioning him (in the forum) about not being a smoker came after that. My bad.
only peps iv'e ever seen not smoke , had a high dollar jobs that were pissed weekly, or mid/river by coast guard, contractor!and most of those boys tend to stick with whatever will not show or is out of their system in about three days

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Overgrow.com is back up but it's a shell of its former self.
The original one was run by Gypsy Nirvana and the regulars on there were like BOG (Bushy Old Grower), DJ Short, Subcool, Neville, Skunkman Sam - all the original cast of people that are now considered "famous breeders".

I think it was selling and trading seeds in the DM's that got them busted and people like Neville weren't here to get busted and the US tried to get them extridited. I know Canada and the Netherlands told the US to pack sand, but that was the gist of it.

D

Deleted member 60

Hmmmm...what was the name of that first forum @H.A.F. ???? I'm not remembering anything before OG.

Gypsy started ICMag in 2002 in Amsterdam...and Seedbay was their site. Quite a few guys who vended seed on HS migrated there...or to Breedbay >after< OG went down. Gypsy screwed most everyone...then got popped... I have no idea where all of it is now. After MMJ broke it all loose here in CO we had no need to be fleeced by the Dutch boys anymore.

OG went from 1998 til 2006....and was run by "Richard" in Toronto Canada. Gypsy Nirvana had nothing to do with it whatsoever. @MisterKister /anybody else who was there...you old fuckers.......do you remember any organized cannabis forum pre-OG? Anyone?

There were certainly larger names in the mix @ OG...but it was a real boon for the smaller guys trying to gain some traction in the market. Folks like Organkid and Elite...pioneers in the world of closet chuckin'...LOL. I'd never heard of an "S-1" before Organkid came on the scene.

Anyone remember the 3 strains he sold out time and time again (like lightning...LOL) as S-1's??? $50 for 10 seeds....

The HS bust was initiated through Canadian Mail/seized mailings. From there it mushroomed. Only Richard and "Poppy"...who ran the seed shop faced charges. The bust totally screwed the breeders who were vending there because all of their seed got confiscated. It evidently wasn't worth crossing the border to press charges on breeders/growers though because nobody else went down. However... a lot of folks DID freak out and tore down their grows due to the bust because nobody had seen anything like it happen before and had no clue how far LEO would take it.

Frankie Eyelashes

Hmmmm...what was the name of that first forum @H.A.F. ???? I'm not remembering anything before OG.

Gypsy started ICMag in 2002 in Amsterdam...and Seedbay was their site. Quite a few guys who vended seed on HS migrated there...or to Breedbay >after< OG went down. Gypsy screwed most everyone...then got popped... I have no idea where all of it is now. After MMJ broke it all loose here in CO we had no need to be fleeced by the Dutch boys anymore.

OG went from 1998 til 2006....and was run by "Richard" in Toronto Canada. Gypsy Nirvana had nothing to do with it whatsoever. @MisterKister /anybody else who was there...you old fuckers.......do you remember any organized cannabis forum pre-OG? Anyone?

There were certainly larger names in the mix @ OG...but it was a real boon for the smaller guys trying to gain some traction in the market. Folks like Organkid and Elite...pioneers in the world of closet chuckin'...LOL. I'd never heard of an "S-1" before Organkid came on the scene.

Anyone remember the 3 strains he sold out time and time again (like lightning...LOL) as S-1's??? $50 for 10 seeds....

The HS bust was initiated through Canadian Mail/seized mailings. From there it mushroomed. Only Richard and "Poppy"...who ran the seed shop faced charges. The bust totally screwed the breeders who were vending there because all of their seed got confiscated. It evidently wasn't worth crossing the border to press charges on breeders/growers though because nobody else went down. However... a lot of folks DID freak out and tore down their grows due to the bust because nobody had seen anything like it happen before and had no clue how far LEO would take it.
I think Weedbase was the first one?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

That was the Marc Emery shit right? I was not in the game during the early forum years. I was pre-internet, and post-legalization in some places, but not in the middle years. When I got out of the scene the internet wasn't invented yet. When I got back into the scene all that shit was years gone by.

D

Deleted member 60

I kind of remember Weedbase being about the same time as OG or maybe a tad later. It definitely didn't register compared to OG.

That was the Marc Emery shit right? I was not in the game during the early forum years. I was pre-internet, and post-legalization in some places, but not in the middle years. When I got out of the scene the internet wasn't invented yet. When I got back into the scene all that shit was years gone by.
Marc Emery was his own gig, really. He had a shop on Hastings St. in Vancouver and vended seeds out of the basement of that shop. I flew from Denver to Seattle an rented a car/crossed the border in Jan '96 and bought seeds from him....none of which were worth the journey...but I already had the genetics bug and it was something I had to do...LOL. I mean..seeds? Weed? A pot cafe? It was a huge draw for this idiot. The basement was empty other than a big folding table. The walls were covered with "Sagamartha" "Dutch Passion" "Paradise Seeds"/etc. posters. On the table was a series of boxes...with business-type binders/folders in them...all marked with breeder names and full of packs of seeds. There was a line of 6-8 folks in front of me. He was killing it. Then....yeah...he got popped and his long, drawn out legal BS started. I went back the next year to a Maximum Yield Hydro Convention and went by the shop...but it was just a head shop by then...cus he was either running from 'em...or in jail.

Fun times. 10 years later when I went to the Dam I didn't even think about buying seed cus we had better dope here than they had there. The rel draw there for me...was...yes...the hashish. "Twede Kramer" fuckin' rules. What a cozy, dumpy little hash bar that is....I'd go back just to go there and sit in the window again with the (dirty AF...LOL) house bong full of Black charas...

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
I'm not sure if Joe's coming back or not but I wanted to keep this thread going. If anyone in the community has seeds and want to join in on this journal feel free. If you don't have any of his seeds and want some I have a few available just message me. (y)

I will continue to post here and use this as my personal journal instead of opening up different threads. Currently I'm growing Chaka Kahn from Bob's bitchin Beans, Sherbinski Polar Gelato, and a freebie I received from an ethos order. It was labeled Mac S1 in a cool cartoon package LOL.

PXL_20231218_210308135.MP.jpg

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm not sure if Joe's coming back or not but I wanted to keep this thread going. If anyone in the community has seeds and want to join in on this journal feel free. If you don't have any of his seeds and want some I have a few available just message me. (y)

I will continue to post here and use this as my personal journal instead of opening up different threads. Currently I'm growing Chaka Kahn from Bob's bitchin Beans, Sherbinski Polar Gelato, and a freebie I received from an ethos order. It was labeled Mac S1 in a cool cartoon package LOL.

View attachment 133385

If he wonders back it'll kinda be like a new start again. Maybe @treefarmercharlie can change the title for ya/us.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what ya get.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
If he wonders back it'll kinda be like a new start again. Maybe @treefarmercharlie can change the title for ya/us.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what ya get.
Thanks. Should be some good smoke if I don't fuck them up haha. I actually like the title for now because I plan on planting more of joes seeds. I want to add some more African chill and super chill to my stash. :cool: