Jacks vs Megacrop

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Did they produce roots faster using the MC vs. tap water. Do you remember how much per gal you added?
Im not sure on getting roots any faster, i dont check on them for 10 days. I will check the ppm of it when i get home because im not sure how much water is in it. When i last put it in i used the old formula, and i just put a clump in about the size of a marble. I will say one thing, they seem to like it, i havent seen any yellowing leaves or any sign of a deficiency. I also dont use a humidity dome on it either. I have a 60 or 64 site aero cloner. I would say it has at least 3 to 4 gallons of water in it. Im missing one of the foam collars so i lose some water due to evaperation so i have to top it off every 2 or 3 days with about a half gallon of water

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
@HydroRed how many gs per gal are you running in your totes.My girls in the totes seem to be a little pale until they get their first flood at lights on.I'm at 4-4.5gs per gal in the totes on 12/12 from seed. 2 weeks and a couple days in.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
@HydroRed how many gs per gal are you running in your totes.My girls in the totes seem to be a little pale until they get their first flood at lights on.I'm at 4-4.5gs per gal in the totes on 12/12 from seed. 2 weeks and a couple days in.
Im currently at 4g of MC (V1) per gallon in week 3ish of flower with 2ml per gal of Humboldts "Ginormous" 0-18-16.
2 ml per gal of Cal/Mg as well. I'll hover aroung 2.5-3g of MC per gallon and 1ml per gal of Cal/Mg for mommas. Those hydrofarm style momma buckets drip 24/7.

Goats

Kush Lover
i ran jacks for years in DWC and flood and drain with success. the flower in my display pic was grown using jacks. it is a great nutrient in terms of ease of use and cost, but i found it grew slightly bland flowers.
i am on my second run now with megacrop and have been really impressed. everything is happy and my flowers reek.
as a canadian there is little reason left to use jacks over MC. shipping from JR Peters more than doubles the cost of my order, while MC have a canadian warehouse and ship using amazon. i get my MC in 2 days and shipping costs $6CAD.
see yah JR Peters ✌

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
i ran jacks for years in DWC and flood and drain with success. the flower in my display pic was grown using jacks. it is a great nutrient in terms of ease of use and cost, but i found it grew slightly bland flowers.
i am on my second run now with megacrop and have been really impressed. everything is happy and my flowers reek.
as a canadian there is little reason left to use jacks over MC. shipping from JR Peters more than doubles the cost of my order, while MC have a canadian warehouse and ship using amazon. i get my MC in 2 days and shipping costs $6CAD.
see yah JR Peters ✌

MC uses a lot of sweetener in their mix (molasses)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I ended up using a 1 cup sealable plastic container and put a cup of MC in there and then tightly sealed and put the rest in a bigger container.

Less POOF...less chance of clumping too.

All start with RO water from my machine at 50 TDS.

All in Veg currently
I am at 4.4 grams per gallon and will put it back to 4. The girls LOVE it. I think it is the healthiest i have ever had plants in veg. They are all vibrant green everywhere. No tip burn at all.
Added 5ML calmag to be on the safe side
TDS 1100 PH 6.3
Res has 5ml of UC root health added every week
Will be flipping to 12-12 on Friday and then i will adjust with bud explosion as needed

For the fresh plants (seedlings) i am using 12 grams per 5 gallons (2.4 grams per gallon).
In coco, waterfarms, bubble bucket. 600 TDS PH 6.4

So far i love it. And my math was off. 2.5 kilos of MC will fill 111 bottles of 5 gallons each.

Still 10X an AN sensi perfect run for less. And less bullshit with remembering mixes at various stages.

SCJedi

Synergist
I have not used Megacrop yet but do have a sample bag from V1. It just seemed too small to go through a whole round so I never bothered.

I am rolling through my first round of Jacks 3-2-1 and the results have been pretty damn good compared to GH Flora 3-part. I suppose that I will give MC a try at some point.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Jack's rocks.Nice healthy girl Jedi.If it werent for the freebie bag of MC V1 a while back on RIU,I'd still be on Jack's.
I actually didn't run the 1 part epsom.Just the 3-2.
My garden loved it.600 ppms from seedling thru flower.
I run MC v1&v2 @ 4gs per gal same way all the way thru. It comes out to right around 600-650 ppms,girls havent skipped a beat since the switch.
Either I became a better gardener and or tge MC has added some greatness to my runs of the same cultivar.
The only other things I add are urb,recharge and homemade sweet.@Bodyne and I run nearly the exact same feed regimen.

SCJedi

Synergist
The only other things I add are urb,recharge and homemade sweet.@Bodyne and I run nearly the exact same feed regimen.
Recharge question for you. I bought some but when and how do you use it? I also add Drip Clean to my reservoir to keep my microtubing from clogs. Remember that I have a static, gravity fed res with a small pump moving water around until it is about 1/3 full.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Recharge question for you. I bought some but when and how do you use it? I also add Drip Clean to my reservoir to keep my microtubing from clogs. Remember that I have a static, gravity fed res with a small pump moving water around until it is about 1/3 full.
I am wondering about recharge also, i hesrd of people using it, but dont know what it is. Can someone fill me in on what it is?

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I use the recharge per the instructions. 1/2 teaspoon per gal.I mix it up in a gal pitcher and pour 4-6oz's at the base of the plants.I don't add it to my res.I use it twice a week.Sometimes I alternate with the athena biosis sample.
You could use it everyday if you wanted to..doing so is wasteful IMO.
I have a gravity feed control res that feeds my central res for my ppk buckets.It's just 2 17gal commando totes stacked. Only MC and barley extract(pond clarifier from hodepo) go in my res'.

I'm not sure but if you add recharge to your res with that pump in it,it could create heisenberg tea depending on water displacement lol.I know when I use the sink hose to fill my recharge pitcher it foams up like the heisenberg tea I use to make.
So does MC for that matter.

edited*

Last edited:

SCJedi

Synergist
I just called Sean at Real Growers and he suggested pulling water out of my res and top watering with it. HE mentioned that some of the bacteria is not meant to survive in water for very long and need the rhizosphere right away. He said bacteria, mycos, molasses as food and kelp as a carrier. You can use it once you see roots up until when you might usually flush.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I just called Sean at Real Growers and he suggested pulling water out of my res and top watering with it. HE mentioned that some of the bacteria is not meant to survive in water for very long and need the rhizosphere right away. He said bacteria, mycos, molasses as food and kelp as a carrier. You can use it once you see roots up until when you might usually flush.
Yup. I pour it at the base.No res action.Lol not for the reason I stated but yea....Str8 from the horses mouth...much better.
I also stop using it around week 7 on 9 weekers.I tried using it until the end and it seemed to keep this one particular cultivar from wanting to finish,she just wanted to keep flowering.