Jacks vs Megacrop

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I checked the feed calculator. How simple. 10 grams of MC into a 5 gallon bottle. Shake and ready. It will top out at 20 to 25 i think. I always use 5 gallon water bottles because i have it and they shake good.
That is 1000 bottle fills of MC for about 50 bucks to my door (2.5 kg) the 10kg (22pound) bag is on sale for 100 Canadian. 4000 fills for a 5 gallon bottle. If i use 4 of those bottles a week the small bag is over 3 years of constant nutrients.
AN sensi is 15 to 20 bottle fills for 100.00 (roughly)
And if you are weird like me you like to know your personal cost per gram and oz.
Nutes went from 75.00 or so a cycle to 1 dollar. I think the math has to be wrong it seems impossible.

Feva.

Really Active Member
I tried to order a sample. I dont have a paypal so I emailed them asking if any other options are available. They emailed me back very quick, which is nice. They said i could check out as guest on paypal with credit card. I then told them I dont have or use credit cards what about a prepaid card? they said yes. Well I tried that and it says paypal wont take my card try another one. Guess im going to have to give them another email and see whats up.

No, just 10 large hungry ladies. I guess it's "only" a 25# bag, lol. Still need to know if it can be highly concentrated in solution. Gotta have that for my doser.
My shit clumped up (cheap not-so-"airtight" container...) so I wound up making a stock solution and it made things easier for me.. I was weighing the shit initially and that was honestly kinda a PITA.

Your using this strait up for flower? What PPM you running?
I do around 5-600 MC + PK booster (I mostly eyeball the pk.. about 1/8-1/4 Tsp) The plants wont fade much but you know the plants are getting everything they want/need

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
The new formula looks like it dont clump , I opened it and poured the rest of what I had of the old formula into it. I worked it in together to get rid of all the clumps from the old formula. I don't weigh it, I use a 5 gallon bucket and just measu5 the ppm's until I get to 600, babies I go from 250-400 ppm depending on size. My plants love it.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I have used Jack's, masterblend, Ultrasol, General Hydroponics, miracle grow and many many others.
I have around 1000 lbs of Ultrasol to use before I look at anything else. I might try a 22 lb bag of mega before too long to see if their is a difference.

What I have found their is no 1 part fertilizer that covers all the basis. Your gonna have to add other nutes when the plants need it. Maybe more nitrogen or less when the plants don't need it.

I mix up my nute concentrate in a 5 gal container with a spigot. I calculate it where the masterblend is added at 15 ml per gal and calcium nitrate is at 20 ml per gal.

Different ratios between veg and flower. Flowers under led get more calcium nitrate. Only add silica in veg.

Thought about buying some Jack's finishing to see how well it performs. I also add a little booster in flower at 3 ml per gal.

I put all this in a 60 gal top off drum and fill it back up in a couple of days when it runs out.

Streetpro09

Tester
I have used Jack's, masterblend, Ultrasol, General Hydroponics, miracle grow and many many others.
I have around 1000 lbs of Ultrasol to use before I look at anything else. I might try a 22 lb bag of mega before too long to see if their is a difference.

What I have found their is no 1 part fertilizer that covers all the basis. Your gonna have to add other nutes when the plants need it. Maybe more nitrogen or less when the plants don't need it.

I mix up my nute concentrate in a 5 gal container with a spigot. I calculate it where the masterblend is added at 15 ml per gal and calcium nitrate is at 20 ml per gal.

Different ratios between veg and flower. Flowers under led get more calcium nitrate. Only add silica in veg.

Thought about buying some Jack's finishing to see how well it performs. I also add a little booster in flower at 3 ml per gal.

I put all this in a 60 gal top off drum and fill it back up in a couple of days when it runs out.

Never heard of ultrasol. I'll have to look that up.
I always figure you're going to have to add extra here and there and at different ppm. Just depends on the stage of the plant and lighting.
Megacrop bags are a little different today and they have a verson 2 at this point. At least that's what's been said around here. I haven't personally used the stuff.

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
I should mention I use a pk boost in flower. https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/bloom-pack/ is what I use... Good stuff and a little goes a long way. I use pretty much the same amount of MC throughout the grow 6-700 ppm and just add bloom pack "on top" of the MC. The new formula may not need it but I like having the option to increase PK levels without added N.
Out of curiosity, do you know if your ppm readings are the 500 or 700 conversion scale. Just ordered a bag of MC and sweet candy and I'm trying to get an idea of what EC to run

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Never heard of ultrasol. I'll have to look that up.
I always figure you're going to have to add extra here and there and at different ppm. Just depends on the stage of the plant and lighting.
Megacrop bags are a little different today and they have a verson 2 at this point. At least that's what's been said around here. I haven't personally used the stuff.

I was one of the very first to buy some. Done forgot what name he called it (mega crop duh) but it was on one of the forums and he was just getting started. He told me it was an all in one nute which is very appealing of course. But I know some nutes you cannot combine together because they react to each other and fall out of solution.

This bag was super super hot like it has a ton of calcium nitrate in it. It had so much molasses in it that ants where swarming in the dirt and animals were digging them up to get it the molasses.

Right now it is one solid brick because of the moisture it Drew out of the air. Calcium Nitrate does that, I have many many bags of Cal nitrate qnd you have to store them in sealed 5 gal buckets to keep moisture from getting to it. It will pull the moisture out of the air and be a solid brick. I've seen bags sweat moisture because it attracts it.

We used to get nitrate out of the fertilizer buggey and spread it on the garden in buckets. If you forget to get all of it out then it hardens up like concrete.

In farming say you spread 125 lbs per acre of fertilizer and a ton of fertilizer is around 550 bucks. So you see how little fertilizer actually costs. At the co-op you can get them to do your own mix of what you want. If your soil sample says you need more phosphorus then you can add more phosphorus.
You actually add nitrogen in the spring because it leaches out of the soil while the P and K doesn't move. Most everyone applies P and K and lime in the fall because it takes time for it to bond in the soil for the plants to uptake it.

Water soluble is a little different where it already is available to be taken up by the plant.
We would buy pop up fertilizer and apply it when your planting corn. In furrow with the corn but the corn seed is dropped after the solution is streamed in the trench. It was a water soluble fertilizer.

The pop up fertilizer was already pre-mixed in water and a trailer truck tanker would come deliver it and put it in our 5000 gallon tanks. It was also a fraction of the cost of what you can buy and these 25 lb sacks. It was very concentrated my PPM meter would go up to 7000 and it would not even read it. I would dilute it about four fold and it would then read 5000 PPM. That is how concentrated that it is put down in Furrow before the corn is placed by the planter.

I no longer grow outside because of the Industrial Hemp that is grown nearby and the pollen has absolutely ruined outside growing. And I will not use this on the inside because I run hydro and do not want molasses in my system. I have done that before and it did not end well

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
used half a teaspoon or 2.5 g per gallon of water, handwatering smart pots. Only double it once or twice. Can see that I can stay at that measurement throughout. I am using the new formula, actually that will make it where I will use even less overall than I initially thought, win win. Am gonna have to do a flush, I read where others don't. Not a long one, though. I really like the Megacrop, thru and thru. That and URB, and a calmag/carb additive of your choice I been finding is all that's needed for a nice, sucessful grow. JME.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
used half a teaspoon or 2.5 g per gallon of water, handwatering smart pots. Only double it once or twice. Can see that I can stay at that measurement throughout. I am using the new formula, actually that will make it where I will use even less overall than I initially thought, win win. Am gonna have to do a flush, I read where others don't. Not a long one, though. I really like the Megacrop, thru and thru. That and URB, and a calmag/carb additive of your choice I been finding is all that's needed for a nice, sucessful grow. JME.
I still have been using cal mag. But i did cut back on it with the new formula. I just flipped some plant to flower 2 days ago, so we will see how it works in flower.

D

Deleted member 60

Just started using V2 a cycle ago. Really liked the results on the first run with it. My weed did well and my greenhouse (mostly flowers but some veggies in the mix as well) has never looked better. The plants seem to love the stuff.

As far as clumping...my greenhouse sets @ about 45% humidity courtesy of the dehuey...and I've seen no clumping. However, I do notice that the little round balls in this formulation suck up some moisture and darken in color. However, it doesn't seen to affect it once it hits the water.

Been goin a bit light on dosage as well. Gonna use it on my veggies/tomatoes this season and see where things go.... also gonna hit the yard with it...LOL. Maybe some dope will grow..... uhhhumm....

Dumped the last bat guano/Rainbow mix/Langbeinite/Insect Frass/humic on the fruit trees.....then hit em with MC. Everybody getting the love. Sitting on this mountain of nutrient-free sand....they won't know what hit em.