Jacks vs Megacrop

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
I use megacrop, have been using for about 2 years. I grow perpetually. Have never had a problem with it. I just got a bad of the new formula which supposedly has more cal mag in it, and higher p,k I heard. You can get a free sample of it on their website. It enough to run about 6-10 plants start to finish. I never heard of Jack's

I ran I believe Jacks hydro.. it was pretty decent but I was adding things (kelp etc) that I'm not having to with MegaCrop. They say the new formula doesn't clump up as much, but ive still got about half the big bag left so I'll just get more when Im done with this lol (my shit clumped to high hell so I now just mix up a stock liquid solution.. actually winds up being very convenient fwiw)

As cheap as Jacks was Megacrop is cheaper, offers a more complete nutrient, and all-n-all I just wound up preferring it more than the GH cocotek which I had switched to from the Jacks when I was having difficulties dialing the Jacks in.

I may be in the minority here.. I know there are plenty who swear by Jacks, but Im a Greenleaf guy through and through now lol.

I moved a few years ago and somewhere in the mix I lost the leftover Jacks(n blue stuff lol) along with an old CLW solarflare and htg "420 watt" blurple panel. I have looked for them a few times just for curiosity sake and I would probably use it in my raised bed veg garden this year if I ever come across the shits lol

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Which do you prefer?

Was gonna start running jacks once i ran out of my current nutes but see that megacrop is also a powder and might be simpler. Looks like you don't have to add cal and mag to megacrop?

If there's a better one other than these two let me know!
You don't add cal mag to jacks.Jacks has it's own calcium +nitrogen= calnit to go along with the base formula.
Most people use the 3 2 1 method when using Jacks +Calnit. 3 vs Jack's 2gs calnit 1g Epsom salt.
I didn't use that ratio.I used the ratio Delta9 suggested for his ppk system on icmag.It worked seemlessly.
I've run jacks before finding MegaCrop.Thee only reason I tried MC was the "1 part nute" claim.Lol I haven't looked back since.Before Jack's it was maxibloom powder.Worked great also,just a bit too costly for the small bags I was going thru at the time.I got a lot more runs in switching to jacks in the 4lb pails.
I was iffy about the new formula as I was very happy with MC v1.So much so I almost went back to jacks.Greenleaf had a freebie promo going for MC v2 so I decided to try it before going back to Jack's.
MegaCrop is more simple to use being that you only need to weigh one part.It also has a few extras in it that jacks doesn't.
Jack's is 2 parts or 3,but just a good and effective.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What i find brutal is my box of nutes. I have enough GH trio for 2 rounds (1 1/2 quarts of each), enough AN sensi perfect for a round, enough of another brand for 1 round and enough MC for all my seeds.
But in all fairness I was trying to find what worked best for me. Too many bottles makes me fuck with things too much.
I like the MC one thing nute a lot better. After i get through my baby veg nute bottle (AN grow 2ml per gallon) I am going to mix up some MC and use it for the entire garden.
MC isnt in pretty coloured bottles and it smells like ass but it looks like it works great and people who use it like it.

D

Deleted member 60

That GH and AH shit work really well on the lawn. I hit my lawn with Gh Floralicious Plus once and all the neighbors were asking me what I had used...LOL....

Yup..MC here. Switched mid cycle last go and was amazed at how well the girls did...no hassles...just crazy growth.