Jacks vs Megacrop

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
used half a teaspoon or 2.5 g per gallon of water, handwatering smart pots. Only double it once or twice. Can see that I can stay at that measurement throughout. I am using the new formula, actually that will make it where I will use even less overall than I initially thought, win win. Am gonna have to do a flush, I read where others don't. Not a long one, though. I really like the Megacrop, thru and thru. That and URB, and a calmag/carb additive of your choice I been finding is all that's needed for a nice, sucessful grow. JME.
@Bodyne when i contacted greenleaf a while back they said that MC did not require flushing. I have stopped weekly flushes but i still flush close to the end of flowering. That alone saves a lot of work!! Bodyne do you know if Cali- mag is salt based?. If anyone uses Jacks pm me i believe i know of some available from a hydro store that went out of business and i will get you there contact info.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I been using mega crop and bud explosion and the cal mag for the last couple grows.
So far so good.
I have noticed though my dry buds do appear different. Taste the same just look different.
Am happy with the results I do get though.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Just started using V2 a cycle ago. Really liked the results on the first run with it. My weed did well and my greenhouse (mostly flowers but some veggies in the mix as well) has never looked better. The plants seem to love the stuff.

As far as clumping...my greenhouse sets @ about 45% humidity courtesy of the dehuey...and I've seen no clumping. However, I do notice that the little round balls in this formulation suck up some moisture and darken in color. However, it doesn't seen to affect it once it hits the water.

Been goin a bit light on dosage as well. Gonna use it on my veggies/tomatoes this season and see where things go.... also gonna hit the yard with it...LOL. Maybe some dope will grow..... uhhhumm....

Dumped the last bat guano/Rainbow mix/Langbeinite/Insect Frass/humic on the fruit trees.....then hit em with MC. Everybody getting the love. Sitting on this mountain of nutrient-free sand....they won't know what hit em.
@sticky is the new formula dusty like the old?

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
That must have got.a ton of moisture in it. You can still use it just take a scoop of it and mix it with your water and check the ppm. Tge last bag i had got like that but not quite as bad and it still worked great. Ill take a pic of mine

It was like this when I got it. It's molasses caked all over it.
It was so sticky that you just had to dig your fingers in it to try and get some of it out and then wash your hands in the mixing bucket.
No easy way of measuring it when I got it.

It's rock hard right now.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I might try something small to give it another try.

Anybody use it in dwc or rdwc? Does it leave a residue?
I do not run a reservoir but i have herd others say that it does not. Maybe ask @hydored he has been running that kind of system with MC. I am surprised that bag of MC you have is not harder than a brick. You can go to MC and get a free 700g /greenleafnutrients.com

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I been using mega crop and bud explosion and the cal mag for the last couple grows.
So far so good.
I have noticed though my dry buds do appear different. Taste the same just look different.
Am happy with the results I do get though.
My bud formation changed also when I switched from Jacks to MC, the bracts were more bulbous.Which created more density even with my dense budded strains. I had to adjust humidty for fear of budrot and mold. Lol definitely not a bad thing.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
@Bodyne when i contacted greenleaf a while back they said that MC did not require flushing. I have stopped weekly flushes but i still flush close to the end of flowering. That alone saves a lot of work!! Bodyne do you know if Cali- mag is salt based?. If anyone uses Jacks pm me i believe i know of some available from a hydro store that went out of business and i will get you there contact info.

Ya I would say it's salt based, I mix it up myself and it's basically calcium nitrate and Epsom salt. breaks down per gallon to 5.8 grams of calcium nitrate and 4.6 grams of magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts).

You can adjust the basic formula to what your specific plant needs. Their is no surefire set in stone formula because every company has it a little different than each other.

I also add in Epsom salt in my 5 gal concentrate mix of masterblend. A 5 gal container with a spigot. When mixing just 5 gal or 60 gal for veg or bloom I just bring my measuring container under it and put how many milliliters of solution I need for what I'm doing. I do not have to break out the scales or anything and try and weigh it. I'm in very soft water almost like reverse osmosis with my ppm of well water being in the mid to upper 20s.

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"

I run it in a PPK system and now my Hydro Red inspiried F&D totes. It does leave a thin film on the walls of my buckets and totes.Doesn't seem to affect my ph nor the plants.Doesnt clog any lines either.No buildup,just a thin film.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I do not run a reservoir but i have herd others say that it does not. Maybe ask @hydored he has been running that kind of system with MC. I am surprised that bag of MC you have is not harder than a brick. You can go to MC and get a free 700g /greenleafnutrients.com

It is like a brick. Lol. What's funny is that it's in the same place as my other fertilizer from other companies and they haven't hardened up any at all. I do have to keep my pure calcium nitrate in 5 gal buckets with sealed lids or they will start drawing in moisture.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I really really liked Jack's.My local brick and mortar stopped carrying it. I bought up all the 4gal pails they had during my time running it.
Tried the MC version 1 as I was running out of jack's and never looked back.
If it were still locally availeable,I'd run Jack's and Megacrop side by side.
I dig the cleanliness of the Jack's ,but I really dig the 1 part aspect of Mc as well as all the other additives in it.Also,I'ts slightly cheaper per gal to run.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN

I'll have a thin film on hoses etc like Cob mentions when I harvest. Other than that, no sediment or settling of product. I also dont get the salt rings in my flood table like I did using GH liquid nutes. I have to add that his is also V1 Im still running (this bag is lasting forever lol).

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Works great in veg. Might want to keep a little cali-mag on hand depending on the strain and your lighting. Led lights seem to make them require more cal- mag
That and RO is pretty much devoid of just about any nutrients including Cal-Mag.

MC ya I have use. Calmag.
Works great in both flower and in veg. I dont necessarily veg, but I use it on my mommas that are each in hydrofarm style drip buckets.