Jacks 3-2-1 Salts

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Have you used Masterblend? If so, how does it compare to Jack's?

Yes im using it now in my flower room. With my water i have to add some cal mag but it works just as good. I switched from using mega and plants love it.
My ph goes up using mega and its stable with masterblend. Im thinking about dropping the mega in veg. Ph was already at 5.9 after 2 days of a res swap. It is 5.7 then slowly creeps up. I want it at 5.7. I have an auto dossier so when it hits 6.0 it delivers a bit of acid to lower it back to 5.9. I usually go through a gal of that per month using mega. No problem with jacks or masterblend. Even ultrasol is much better. To be fair when i was using GH it did the same thing.

So maybe just use the mega in my greenhouse and stick with the more refined products in my hydro.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I read a thread....iirc by RM3 he used the citrus mix all the way thru with great results.
Think that one is the 20-10-20 mix. It works great in veg and through stretch as well. If you want to have brown leaves at harvest id switch to bloom. Ive used 20-20-20 all the way through and it works well. But dont use it in hydro only in soil. Pay attention to tbe nitrogen used. Urea base use in soil

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Think that one is the 20-10-20 mix. It works great in veg and through stretch as well. If you want to have brown leaves at harvest id switch to bloom. Ive used 20-20-20 all the way through and it works well. But dont use it in hydro only in soil. Pay attention to tbe nitrogen used. Urea base use in soil
Yea,nah If I got back to Jack's it'll be the 3-2-1 mix or a similar ratio. I'm past the tinkering with new nutes stage until another dry nute comes out like MC or Jack's in that price range. One of these days I'm going to give indoor soil a try.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Funny this was just posted I just read a ton on their website, may try out some of the UV, and bloom seeing as how the regular stuff works so well, it can't hurt and it's so cheap for the amounts you can mix 😁😁😁 and no tinkering involved they got feed charts on the site as well, pretty close to what I'm running real world, so no money grab there unlike some other companies cough,cough,AN lol and if you really want to dial it in you can send em a water sample for testing to know which feed will work best for your situation, probably sound like a fanboy but I love their non bullshit attitude, and the pricing is dam competitive for what you get

Last edited:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Funny this was just posted I just read a ton on their website, may try out some of the UV, and bloom seeing as how the regular stuff works so well, it can't hurt and it's so cheap for the amounts you can mix 😁😁😁 and no tinkering involved they got feed charts on the site as well, pretty close to what I'm running real world, so no money grab there unlike some other companies cough,cough,AN lol and if you really want to dial it in you can send em a water sample for testing to know which feed will work best for your situation, probably sound like a fanboy but I love their non bullshit attitude, and the pricing is dam competitive for what you get
They have some kits also that take it from seedling to veg to clone to bud. Comes with 4 or so different mixes they think go together. All comes in a plastic bucket.

Texagonian

Outlaw
I found it at Wilco that just opened a new store here in Portland. I found another place here that sells cal nitrate 50 lbs for 21 bucks. It’s wayyyyy Moore than I’ll ever need but at that price...🤷🏼‍♂️ What kinda farm and garden places y’all have near by. I’ve got Wilco, coastal, I may know where there’s a tractor supply. They can be gems! My bad, @socaljoe✌🏻🍻🍻 Shoulda mentioned you in the beginning of this rant of mine.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I found it at Wilco that just opened a new store here in Portland. I found another place here that sells cal nitrate 50 lbs for 21 bucks. It’s wayyyyy Moore than I’ll ever need but at that price...🤷🏼‍♂️ What kinda farm and garden places y’all have near by. I’ve got Wilco, coastal, I may know where there’s a tractor supply. They can be gems! My bad, @socaljoe✌🏻🍻🍻 Shoulda mentioned you in the beginning of this rant of mine.
That's a great find. Congrats. I've got a tractor supply co near me, that's about it that I'm aware of...I never even thought to look for hydro fertilizers there.

I've still got a good 5-6 pounds each of Masterblend Tomato and Cal-nit and 2-3 lbs of epsom, so I'm set for a while at my usage rates. I love me some powdered hydro nutes.

Texagonian

Outlaw
That's a great find. Congrats. I've got a tractor supply co near me, that's about it that I'm aware of...I never even thought to look for hydro fertilizers there.

I've still got a good 5-6 pounds each of Masterblend Tomato and Cal-nit and 2-3 lbs of epsom, so I'm set for a while at my usage rates. I love me some powdered hydro nutes.
I hope they work well for me or someone is gonna get a hell of a deal😂 Naw, I think it’ll be great and save on my back pocket some too.

Texagonian

Outlaw
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, as long as you don't try and get too creative with your amounts and ratios, you should be golden.

For a new Jack's user, I'd recommend watching this video:

Lots of great info there.
I’ve seen it several times😂 I been watching green gene for a long time. I just worked the courage to do some hydro grows and also getting low on all the bottled crap I’ve been using. Just gonna keep it simple with 3-2-1 and I feel pretty positive all should be ok. Any other input about jacks and experiences please let me know. ✌🏻

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I’ve seen it several times😂 I been watching green gene for a long time. I just worked the courage to do some hydro grows and also getting low on all the bottled crap I’ve been using. Just gonna keep it simple with 3-2-1 and I feel pretty positive all should be ok. Any other input about jacks and experiences please let me know. ✌🏻
Cool. GG and Vader are the only YouTube growers I follow regularly, love their content.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
No additives needed, and I'd mix some stock solution that way your only working with 2 parts instead of 3 I do 80 gals worth of hydro mix and Epsom in one container and the Cal nit in another container, with 1400 ml of distilled water it's real close to 18ml per gallon of each, and I tweak as needed, if they show Cal defiency I'll up that to 2.1 or 2.2 grams per gallon when I do the stock solution, same for mag with the epsom, and so on lol been doing it like this since I started with the stuff and it's worked flawlessly

Texagonian

Outlaw
Cool. GG and Vader are the only YouTube growers I follow regularly, love their content.
Nice, I’ll check Vader too than. GG is a knowledgeable dude and his garden is legit. Question, he runs coco dtw. I want to try the jacks in a flood and drain. I know it says hydroponics on the bag. It can be used in several mediums and hydro as well right? Sorry for the dumb question, just clarifying