Is it possible.......

Banks358

Just turn off the heat mat. If the room temp is close to 70 degrees then the light shining on the closed dome is going to keep that temp inside the dome in the mid 70s anyways.
According to the gauge it’s 70.5f IN with 71%rh. I just turned the matt off so we shall see what it is when it cools down....

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Would i need to keep the actual gauge INSIDE the tent? Or could I have it outside the tent??
Right now all you need to worry about is the temperature of the inside of the dome you have the seeds germinating in. I think you are over thinking all of this and making things difficult for yourself. I pop all my seeds on my desk in my office in a cup that has a box over it to keep the light out. That's it...no heat mats, to temperature probes, and no lights. As long as the room temp is above 70 degrees they pop for me no problem. If the room is a little chilly then I put the glass on top of my computer case and that bumps the temp up a few degrees.

Banks358

Right now all you need to worry about is the temperature of the inside of the dome you have the seeds germinating in. I think you are over thinking all of this and making things difficult for yourself. I pop all my seeds on my desk in my office in a cup that has a box over it to keep the light out. That's it...no heat mats, to temperature probes, and no lights. As long as the room temp is above 70 degrees they pop for me no problem. If the room is a little chilly then I put the glass on top of my computer case and that bumps the temp up a few degrees.
Oh ok so leave the gauge on OUT Nd get the temp to around 70/75f with a 70/75% rh?!?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh ok so leave the gauge on OUT Nd get the temp to around 70/75f with a 70/75% rh?!?
Until they pop, you can keep the humidity high as it goes. Once they are above ground then you want to start letting in a little air to get them down to that range.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The only times I used heat mats on seedlings, I also had the cheapo-thermostat that is made by the same company. Set at 78 degrees, and the heat only kicks on if it gets below that.

I think the back-pain heating pad is a bad idea under the seeds. I think most of them have a safety shut-off as well. The actual seed mats will only raise the temp of a dome 5-10 degrees.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
You are making this so much harder than it needs to be stop worrying about temps and rh it is pretty much irrelevant at this point if it’s live able for you the seeds can start no problem.
I have never seen someone worry so much about how to pop a seed
Stop worrying and stop using plugs for seed they are for cloning, if your temps were that high there is a chance they will never pop. Get rid of the heat mat. Get a seed starter mix from any store, prewet it water it good and then let it sit a day. Soak your seeds in a shot glass of water nothing else is necessary let them soak until they sink (watch them carefully if they sink for to long they will die off this step is unnecessary but to each their own) Then lay them in the center of a seed cell and sprinkle a little dirt on top spray with a water bottle ( don’t water them in just cover with a 1/4 in of soil and spray it down). Place seed tray in a warm corner without light for 12 hours then turn the light on and walk the hell away from it don’t come back to it for another 12 hours you will have seedlings trust me don’t even use a dome. Domes are for clones since they don’t have roots. YOU DO NOT NEED A DOME FOR SEEDLINGS. If you do this you will get seedlings.

Trust me do it like I said and your good

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
You are making this so much harder than it needs to be stop worrying about temps and rh it is pretty much irrelevant at this point if it’s live able for you the seeds can start no problem.
I have never seen someone worry so much about how to pop a seed
Stop worrying and stop using plugs for seed they are for cloning, if your temps were that high there is a chance they will never pop. Get rid of the heat mat. Get a seed starter mix from any store, prewet it water it good and then let it sit a day. Soak your seeds in a shot glass of water nothing else is necessary let them soak until they sink (watch them carefully if they sink for to long they will die off this step is unnecessary but to each their own) Then lay them in the center of a seed cell and sprinkle a little dirt on top spray with a water bottle ( don’t water them in just cover with a 1/4 in of soil and spray it down). Place seed tray in a warm corner without light for 12 hours then turn the light on and walk the hell away from it don’t come back to it for another 12 hours you will have seedlings trust me don’t even use a dome. Domes are for clones since they don’t have roots. YOU DO NOT NEED A DOME FOR SEEDLINGS. If you do this you will get seedlings.

Trust me do it like I said and your good
Amen

I AM

Hell naw.
lmao.

I got seeds to throw away at this point. Ill do it @Evergreengardeners way. Just for the fuck of it....

Then have to eat shit if Im wrong.:p:poop:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I AM

I just shed a tear laughing...

If anyone can relate its your buddy I am...
completely pissed off with these soaked out seeds.

I AM

on a serious note:

URB has humic in it...
I have humic & fulvic.
so I might do a side by side...on 8 more seeds.

Its popping in paradise...Woo!