Is it possible.......

I AM

2 months. Of fresh seed stock...
That thing should have spit a root tail in less than 36 hours.

I respect when seed dealers post germ warnings due to older seed stock.
There is a old 'Legends Mix' pack with Elvis in it. I would have bought them...
Not anymore.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 months. Of fresh seed stock...
That thing should have spit a root tail in less than 36 hours.

I respect when seed dealers post germ warnings due to older seed stock.
There is a old 'Legends Mix' pack with Elvis in it. I would have bought them...
Not anymore.
I just germinated 5 if 6 beans that were made in 2010. Storage matters - when you purchased them not so much.

Soaking in a cup of water for 24 hours before putting them in the rooter would be better than straight into the rooter (in my opinion) because you know the seed is getting a good soaking. In a rooter maybe maybe not. After 24 hours in water on a heat mat, top of the cable box, or some other thing to keep them warmer than room temperature usually produces a crack with a little nub poking out. This also helps you put it in the rooter (or soil) pointing in the right direction. 🤪

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
that seems a high temp for the low setting, unless maybe it's a reptile heating pad? Yeah 90 is pushing it I think. I have one of those probe/controller setups that turn the mat off/on to keep the temp within the set range

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Just stick the container with the germinating seeds on top of a cable box or a PC and they will stay warm but not get too hot. If you keep in in the tent then turn off the light and that should help keep it a little cooler in there. You can also remove the dome from that and that will help dissipate the heat if the heat pad is a little too warm.

Banks358

Just stick the container with the germinating seeds on top of a cable box or a PC and they will stay warm but not get too hot. If you keep in in the tent then turn off the light and that should help keep it a little cooler in there. You can also remove the dome from that and that will help dissipate the heat if the heat pad is a little too warm.
I just took the temp of my root riot, it’s a 77/78f

I AM

I swear if you guys could see this...

I can see the damn seed embryo.
When I press them open.
The shells are open...just not split.
No vigor what so ever.

Im trying hard as fuck not to bitch like a little pussy. Smh. So.....im going to Dr. On these lil fuckers. Outside of the ziplock paper towel.

@H.A.F.
I have heard that...
J.james told me get some URB an stop bitchin. Lmao.
Still; I dont fuckin like it....(spittoon echo)

Tell'em meet me at the mailbox by high noon.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I swear if you guys could see this...

I can see the damn seed embryo.
When I press them open.
The shells are open...just not split.
No vigor what so ever.

Im trying hard as fuck not to bitch like a little pussy. Smh. So.....im going to Dr. On these lil fuckers. Outside of the ziplock paper towel.

@H.A.F.
I have heard that...
J.james told me get some URB an stop bitchin. Lmao.
Still; I dont fuckin like it....(spittoon echo)

Tell'em meet me at the mailbox by high noon.
I had a plant seed (herm) on me but it never showed any sign until I started breaking up the buds. I got over 100 beautifully mature but worthless seeds from a tiny plant and played with them just to try different germ techniques - because everyone's is the best :sneaky:.

What I have settled on is Black Gold seed-starter soil. a very fine peat/perlite mix with micro-goodies in it. Enough to take care of a plant until it starts popping nodes.

I soak seeds for 24 hours in a shot-glass on a heat-mat. ~30ml of water, and I add 1ml of h2o2. It adds oxygen to the water, and I beleive helps soften the shell.

After 24hours I put them pointy-end or tail down in mostly dry soil, then use a spray bottle to soak it in. I don't use a heat mat for them once in soil. Usually I have all the germs I'm going to get in 4 days.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I have popped seeds that are well over 10 years old I don’t do anything special get a seedling tray fill with medium of choice and dampen it place seed in and wait a few days some seeds just don’t make it but if you can’t pop any you are doing it wrong grower error