Is it possible.......

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Take seed. Soak for 12 hours and throw it 1/3 inch deep in some coco. Any reason for using the plugs?
Just my opinion, but I like the plugs because they give the seedling a more solid base to grow from when they are small. Think of it like when you pour a concrete anchor around a fence pole (for a lack of a better explanation). They definitely aren't necessary, but I personally like how they help hold the young seedlings and they are also easier to make sure you don't over water the young seedlings because it's easy to tell how wet they are by the color of the plug..

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Just my opinion, but I like the plugs because they give the seedling a more solid base to grow from when they are small. Think of it like when you pour a concrete anchor around a fence pole (for a lack of a better explanation). They definitely aren't necessary, but I personally like how they help hold the young seedlings and they are also easier to make sure you don't over water the young seedlings because it's easy to tell how wet they are by the color of the plug..
That's why I like the coco. Hard to overwater. The roots take off. If your light is right you should have to worry about a anchor that's what roots are for. The plug is just a constraint to me. 16oz cup of coco. By the time the second leaves come in roots will be at the bottom and spreading

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That's why I like the coco. Hard to overwater. The roots take off. If your light is right you should have to worry about a anchor that's what roots are for. The plug is just a constraint to me. 16oz cup of coco. By the time the second leaves come in roots will be at the bottom and spreading
I agree with the "no need for the anchor" comment. I just started using them awhile back and liked them enough to keep using them.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I agree with the "no need for the anchor" comment. I just started using them awhile back and liked them enough to keep using them.
If it ain't broke. When I started I wanted to control everything as much as possible. Germ in a paper towel etc. Now I just let nature do her thing and it seems to work best for me. Coco is so light the roots just move right through it. I took some raggedy looking almost white heisen floors and threw them in a area I just dug up some bushes just to see what happens. Month later with heavy rains they were coming up like weeds.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah, I've never been a fan of the paper towel method. I just float them until I see a small taproot and then they go in the plugs. Sometimes I just put them straight into the plugs, too, but floating them in the water at least takes away the guesswork when one seems like it hasn't popped.

I AM

Smh. I been at this shit for the past month.
Putting strain names to dud seed makes it even worse. :eek::poop:!!!

2 more days & Im going to the mail box. With a whole new concept on buying seeds. Fuck a seed stash. Dont mean to ruffle feathers but I am very shell shocked after 18 strains.

Solid vibes@ BANKs

Banks358

Smh. I been at this shit for the past month.
Putting strain names to dud seed makes it even worse. :eek::poop:!!!

2 more days & Im going to the mail box. With a whole new concept on buying seeds. Fuck a seed stash. Dont mean to ruffle feathers but I am very shell shocked after 18 strains.

Solid vibes@ BANKs
Bad seeds or??