HydroRed's DIY Budget Flood and Drain (approx $40 total)

Texagonian

Outlaw
Yessir,Maxibloom was a favorite of mine as well. 5gs per gal all the way thru.
I love to tinker as well. Good stuff Tex.
That’s awesome. I never used the maxibloom. I have a full line of roots organic, botanicare pbp, gh 3 part and gh flora duo a&b oh and mc sample that I’m using now. It just keeps accumulating because I tend to find these smoking deals that are too good to pass up so here I am🤷🏼‍♂️ Variety 😂 Almost left out my dr. Earth . They changed formulas so I have what I have and that’ll be the end unfortunately. Nitro big, nitro bloom and flower girl , also homegrown by them. Hmm, nectar for the gods sample pack too. Jeez, I have a problem🤣 Thanks for chatting with me @Cob_nUt Good times sir🍻✌🏻

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Yessir,Maxibloom was a favorite of mine as well. 5gs per gal all the way thru.
I love to tinker as well. Good stuff Tex.
For maxi bloom all you use is that 1 powder?

Indoor Farmer has great prices (amazon verified and they come out better) and free shipping. I got a brick of coco for inventory and another flood and drain kit Then I made #3 out of 2 newish totes i had kicking around. I will probably aluminum tape part of the tote for light leak prevention.
A smaller version which i will use for vegging plants in a flood and drain. I will probably move it to flower with 1 or 2 plants if i get ahead of things but I am just keeping up for a while :D
I really like these systems. Once i dial in the feed and adjustments I may have only a few coco pots. Right now its about 50 50.
Even I dont know whats going to happen in there :D
DSCF2272.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
That’s awesome. I never used the maxibloom. I have a full line of roots organic, botanicare pbp, gh 3 part and gh flora duo a&b oh and mc sample that I’m using now. It just keeps accumulating because I tend to find these smoking deals that are too good to pass up so here I am🤷🏼‍♂️ Variety 😂 Almost left out my dr. Earth . They changed formulas so I have what I have and that’ll be the end unfortunately. Nitro big, nitro bloom and flower girl , also homegrown by them. Hmm, nectar for the gods sample pack too. Jeez, I have a problem🤣 Thanks for chatting with me @Cob_nUt Good times sir🍻✌🏻
I have an old idk 40 gal Rez full of old nute lines. Some even still brand new. Hehe, like you I tend to not be able to pass up deals or try something new. I'm done tinkering with nutes for a while. It's all about finding keepers!
I enjoy the convo brother💯👊

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I always use an aquarium pump because....I had the same question.
I put it on a timer to stir 15 minutes ever 2 hours. No airtsones just a gentle stir to allow the surface to absorb oxygen and to keep things from getting nasty (and h202 sterile now).
The sterile part is new and i learned it here. It will fix a lot of problems too.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Exactly. I have friends who swear by the sip and auto pots. But all that invites pests, organic shit. I like do be able to use my tps and ph meter to know what im dealing with. The not ph'ed tap water for its whole life sounds hard to believe. There was a guy on herr greenthumbs or some shit. He really overposted about that shit.
Its intruiging but not my cup of compost tea hahaha

Texagonian

Outlaw
That method was looking ok till we got to the last video and those plants were pretty rough, only one of those four plants didnt suffer from pithium. I mean it worked, he got a harvest, but some good aeration would have helped majorly. Imho.
Thanks for sharing what you found. After looking into it, it’s probably not for me but good to know all the options out there. Good stuff🍻

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Bumping up my growmies thread with some tote shots.

Tote full of Useful Seeds testers.
20190904_212136.jpg
20190904_212116.jpg
Tote full of randomness.
Front
1 clone from a reveg'd solo cup seed mom of Doc's
Escher×Professor Moriarty
1 Banana Punchcicle
Middle
2 clones of 1 of my fire bagseed cultivars.I'm running them small because the mom clone's label mysteriously disappeared.
Rear These are ahead of the other 4 by a couple weeks.
1 clone of my other labeled bagseed
1clone of a GG s1.
20190904_232456.jpg

@HydroRed I'm glad you put these out for the community to copy. Spacesavers will allow me to hunt different cultivars more efficiently. Thank you.
👊🏻💯

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN

View attachment 20723
View attachment 20724
Tote full of randomness.
Front
1 Banana Punchcicle
Middle
2 clones of 1 of my fire bagseed cultivars.I'm running them small because the mom clone's label mysteriously disappeared.
1clone of a GG s1.
View attachment 20725

@HydroRed I'm glad you put these out for the community to copy. Spacesavers will allow me to hunt different cultivars more efficiently. Thank you.
👊🏻💯
I love seeing what everyone does with em.👏
I applaud everyone building one in one shape or another.
It helps in breaking that taboo that hydroponics has to be difficult or expensive when it really doesnt.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨

View attachment 20723
View attachment 20724
Tote full of randomness.
Front
1 Banana Punchcicle
Middle
1clone of a GG s1.
View attachment 20725

👊🏻💯
This is one of the advantages I see in this system. There are a lot of different strains I wanna test and try. I can have dedicated totes for a hunt on one strain using multiple beans or have a mish-mash and consolidate like sized plants with each other once they stretch for better space and light management. Stagger totes month wise to get in more harvests. So far theoretical but once these beans pop theory could become practice.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Paydays are so fun these days went buck wild today at wally world got 2 nice systems worked out with off the shelf stuff from there this one will hold 8 or 6 1s 4 2s or 2 3s
36$ minus pots and water line holds 9 gals in the res, its a 10 gal inside a 19 both sterilite brand and the infamous harbor frieght 9$ pump, the tray my lowes has for the 27 gal original reds setup is not the same as his mine is 20191002_091353.jpg20191002_091325.jpgshaped wierd limits usable pot space pretty bad this tote setup has square corners and an all flat bottom just another option if needed.20191003_125011.jpg20191002_094818.jpg20191002_100918.jpg20191002_100949.jpg

Last edited: