HydroRed's DIY Bubble Cloner (under $35)

Armdog

Insane Grower
I'm getting ready to put one of these together, just wondering what you use for a dome with this? I could individually dome each cut with plastic bottles but I'd rather have 1 dome for the whole cloner. Any suggestions?
I ended up finding a clear cheap tote at Wally world that fit mine perfectly. The have tons of sizes and depths.

Awesome idea and inginuity Red. I'm definitely gonna give this a go. I'm assuming the cuts should be dipped in rooting hormone ? And , is anything added to the water ..mild nute solution ? What do you find works the best ?

HydroRed

3Thirteen Seeds
Site Supporter
Awesome idea and inginuity Red. I'm definitely gonna give this a go. I'm assuming the cuts should be dipped in rooting hormone ? And , is anything added to the water ..mild nute solution ? What do you find works the best ?
Thanks Pistil. No rooting hormone drips. I'll cut the clone, get the end wet, skin the bottom a bit, and put it right into the cloner. I just use straight tap water. I do change it often though (every 4-5 days). No dome or anything on them.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
What size is your pump? And hows is that harbor freight pump holding up?
Eh...not sure it was a small fountain pump$7.99 bottom draw. I'll get the exacts or a pic of it in a bit. They hold up really well.So much so,I've bought 9 more of them.I also have the eco plus 185s in my ppk system(only bought 3) they keep up with them(I'm feeding a quart or so15 secs per 2 hours) and are durable and much less expensive.
I just took it down and cleaned it out and put it away.Popped about 25 beans recently so I won't need it for a second.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
For what its worth,I don't use a dome on my aerocloner. My humidty in the room (outside the tents)where the cloner sits hovers around 50-58 degress.This is the aercloner tho,not the bubble cloner.

HydroRed

3Thirteen Seeds
Site Supporter
Eh...not sure it was a small fountain pump$7.99 bottom draw. I'll get the exacts or a pic of it in a bit. They hold up really well.So much so,I've bought 9 more of them.I also have the eco plus 185s in my ppk system(only bought 3) they keep up with them and are durable and much less expensive.
I just took it down and cleaned it out and put it away.Popped about 25 beans recently so I won't need it for a second.
This it? If so, its labeled as a 158gph and quite comparable to the 185. I just wonder if it comes with the multiple hose adaptor sizes that screw into the pump. I rely on that 1/2" fitting that comes with the Eco 185.
63315_I.jpg

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
This it? If so, its labeled as a 158gph and quite comparable to the 185. I just wonder if it comes with the multiple hose adaptor sizes that screw into the pump. I rely on that 1/2" fitting that comes with the Eco 185.
View attachment 1373
Dammit Red you are quick on the draw.Duh, I didn't think to google it..haha..Thank you.That my good man is the pump.
I dig the fact that they are bottom draw. Helps to get the last itty bit of solution or water out of containers.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
View attachment 1373
It does have like 5 adapters.I'm almost certain it has a 1/2" fitting.I use that vinyl tubing you suggested for the F&D setup( don't remember atm what size but its the smaller size) with a ziptie to hold it onto the adapter.

HydroRed

3Thirteen Seeds
Site Supporter
Since I already had everything but the tote, Im in it for a whopping $6.59!
Measures 8" x 12" x 16" and holds 5 gal. Putting this one into action tonight.
I like the way it all fits together and how tidy you can run the air lines with only drilling (2) 7/32" holes.
I dig it!!

DSC_0435.JPG

DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0436.JPG

Armdog

Insane Grower
Since I already had everything but the tote, Im in it for a whopping $6.59!
Measures 8" x 12" x 16" and holds 5 gal. Putting this one into action tonight.
I like the way it all fits together and how tidy you can run the air lines with only drilling (2) 7/32" holes.
I dig it!!

View attachment 1381

View attachment 1383

View attachment 1382
That is exactly what I have only I did 8 sites and a manifold. Lowes for 3.50 I believe on the tote.