How Old Are You?

No offense to the younger people here, but that was my thought too, that they typically might not have the patience to see a grow through to the end and end up smoking the plant before it’s time.

I did that a few times in my younger days.
I made 2 rookie mistakes in all my grows.....First one was "Loving my plant to death" my second mistake "harvesting too early"

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
49.9 big day on the first.
Law got me in 91.
Fired back up in 93 one crop and moved a 1000w MH with mover to my upstairs street side bedroom and grew a bunch of vegys. Had a 6' bananna tree strawberries, peppers.
I had the windows blackened but I would open the window, summer=hot.
Well guess who showed up again. Maybe it was my lawn glowing every 10 min LOL. I was balls deep in the now wife when they banged on the door. My room mate let them in. Let's just say they got to my bedroom pretty quick. They let me put some pants on before I showed them the grow room LOL wish I could have captured their face when they saw all the plants LOL.
And she stayed with me. She tolerates my endeavours. This last crop she has me undressing and putting "the plant room clothes on" guess I stink LOL.

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member
Not sure how I should feel knowing that I'm older than a self-proclaimed dinosaur. Thanks, @GCG ;-P

I'm just a few years behind @Old ST1R.

I think the reason that forums tend to skew older is that younger people are more about instagram, etc. The Golden Age of Forums is when many of us older folks got online, so we still value them. To lots of the kids, forums are 'grandpa internet'.

D

Deleted member 60

I wish I was a Grandpa.....but 1/2 of that equation shot the shit when we lost the oldest boy....

I can tell many of the ages of the folks here by their posts...especially when it goes into that one realm we won't hit upon here. Ima be married for 40 years next year and have been with my wife for 41...known her for 51....so forgive me if i tell ya to get the fuck off my well-worn lawn kiddo.....heeehee. Yer time is coming. Those of ya over 35 are just starting to feel the Time Accelerator Machine kickin in....

hang on. You'll get why we have grey hair real soon....LOFL.....

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
61 (Retired @55...fuck yes)...........started smoking in '71......daily since '76..... grew my first plants in high school in '74 but they never budded cus we wuz jonesin and smoked em.... grew again in the early 80's but really got ramped up in '90. Been at it ever since....
I’m looking forward to retiring at 55 I’ll have 34 years in. I look forward to following your footsteps sticky

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Not sure how I should feel knowing that I'm older than a self-proclaimed dinosaur. Thanks, @GCG ;-P

I'm just a few years behind @Old ST1R.

I think the reason that forums tend to skew older is that younger people are more about instagram, etc. The Golden Age of Forums is when many of us older folks got online, so we still value them. To lots of the kids, forums are 'grandpa internet'.
To hell with IG. All the filters over there make it more like fairyland. No real talk when people are all consumed by the eyes of the world and wanting to make the best version of their non-existent selves shown to everyone. I have an IG for business but I highly dislike the concept. Or maybe I'm just an old soul.

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member
To hell with IG. All the filters over there make it more like fairyland. No real talk when people are all consumed by the eyes of the world and wanting to make the best version of their non-existent selves shown to everyone. I have an IG for business but I highly dislike the concept. Or maybe I'm just an old soul.
IMO, a big part of it is the instant gratification that comes from a life spent constantly connected to the 'net. Many young people can't even really comprehend a pre-internet world.
Given that need for 'follows' and 'vote-ups', would you rather have your posts in front of millions on Reddit or IG, or in front of a bunch of old farts on a forum who might actually have constructive criticism rather than blind infatuation?

I understand it, but don't see it as a healthy way to live.

D

Deleted member 60

We wuz lucky to live before everyone was so consumed by "self" and their phone.

On the growing side of things....the youngers bash us all the time but at least a few of them wouldn't have been able to hang back then when info/seeds/comraderie/equipment/yaddayaddayadda all came from the "necessity is the Mother of invention" approach vs. the "fuck me...are you telling me I gotta drive all the way across town for a tray of clones?" approach. Thankfully....we had plenty of free time to focus on wrecking every other aspect of their world today. We had it so easy! snark.....burp...fart....

It's always been a woman's world. They have the power.......you know what I'm talkin about....sniff..sniff hahahaha...

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
IMO, a big part of it is the instant gratification that comes from a life spent constantly connected to the 'net. Many young people can't even really comprehend a pre-internet world.
Given that need for 'follows' and 'vote-ups', would you rather have your posts in front of millions on Reddit or IG, or in front of a bunch of old farts on a forum who might actually have constructive criticism rather than blind infatuation?

I understand it, but don't see it as a healthy way to live.
It isn't. But i doubt many of them know there is another option or really care. Popularity contests abound everywhere nowadays. The majority would rather have blind infatuation besides the fact that the reality of their online selves will be rather disappointing.