How do you Germinate your seeds?

How do you pop your seeds?

• Total voters

SCJedi

Synergist
Tell me more about this SST...please ..How do you make yours and how are your results with it..did you see an improvement?
I use organic corn seed. Soak it overnight, drian and put it in a cool dark area until sprouts form. Blend it up in water and strain it into water and feed it to my living organic soil

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Tell me more about this SST...please ..How do you make yours and how are your results with it..did you see an improvement?
Pretty much what SCJedi said.I use corn.Nearly any seed will work.Some have varying enzymes.
I used buidasoil recipe.
V2.

I did see an improvement or a response when I was using it.Similar to heseinberg tea except it an enzyme tea.
The plants were more alert and the leaf petioles were taut.It seemed to aid in nutrient uptake also.
Overall the girls seemed to settle into their respective green color.Healthier gals.
Here is an copy snd paste from AFN as well as a link.It has some good discussion on the tea in the thread.
>>
Enzyme Teas are basically a "tea" that is made using water and any type of seed. There are a multitude of different seeds that can be used and each one contains different enzymes and thus create different responses in the soil. I suppose the best thing to do would be explain very simply how an enzyme reacts in the soil before we get too far along into the post. An enzyme is an organic substance made up of amino acids, proteins, or RNA. The composition of an enzyme depends on its function within the metabolic process. Enzymes all function as an aid in the general process of converting minerals into absorbable food for the plant, with a little help from various types of bacteria in some cases. Without enzymes, plants cannot effectively use the minerals available to them. So different enzymes are going to break down different aspects of the soil.

The main two Enzyme Teas I am dealing with presently is Barley and Corn.

Barley Tea contains many different enzymes but the two I am concerned with here is A-amylase & B-amylase. These two enzymes convert starches and carbohydrates into energy that is usable by the plant. An interesting fact is that not only are these enzymes helpful to plants but they are also found in our saliva. Just a side note.

Corn Tea contains cytokinins which stimulates cell division, stimulates morphogenesis (shoot initiation/bud formation) in tissue culture, stimulates the growth of lateral buds-release of apical dominance, stimulates leaf expansion resulting from cell enlargement, may enhance stomatal opening in some species, promotes the conversion of etioplasts into chloroplasts via stimulation of chlorophyll synthesis.
link>>

Last edited:

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I do mine same way as Heisen.
I leave my cups on top of the fridge then when I see them cracked they go right into dirt.
Then the little ones stretch and another transplant to rebury them.
Has worked for me for years....and years.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Small water bottle with label, inch of water, drop of h2o2, 12-18 hour soak.

Small 1L airpot, clingfilm the top and twist it in 2 places to tighten it around pot. Then use a toothpick or two to secure the clingfilm through top airpot holes. Place under timber redwood COB, about 24 inches away, no tent ventilation, humidity about 75% and about temp 76-78deg F. Wait 48 hours then peak in. I don’t take clingfilm off until they get near it.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I soak them in a paper towel till white tip pokes its head. I put them in a dark space in the center of the room. We break out the tiki torches and do some twerking around the seeds for good luck. We play little johns motivational music in the background to get the growth receptors vibrating.

Last edited:

Skeet Kuhn Dough

5th-level Mage
I drop them straight into the rock wool, pointy side down, obviously. I've just recently used jiffy pellets and went straight into them as well (doing some autos outdoor, purely for fun). I just feel that paper towels and cups of water are unnecessary. I'm usually close to 100% with rockwool. Setting the water you're soaking them in to 5.4 pH really helps the success rate imho.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I put them in glass of water for about 12 hours in the dark, and then drop them into a rapid rooter. The key with the RR plugs seems to be two things, I always make the hole a little bit deeper than it usually is, and I tear a piece off of the side to plug up the hole after putting the seed in. You don’t want to plug up the hole all The way, but i just set a piece of the plug gently on top of the hole to let in light, and i usually have pretty close to 100% this way.

I use small ceramic bowl filled with RO or Spring Water. Place seed in the water, it floats for about 24 hours. If still floating, I tap them until they sink. Wait another 24 hours to see the seed cracking and small tap root exposed. Then move to dampened (with the same water) folded paper towels and let sit for 24-48 hours. By then I usually have a nice taproot and can transfer to soil. I use solo cups with soil (primarily some FFHF (happy frog), holes down the side, holes in the bottom. Make a divot about 1/8 of an inch deep, drop seed in, lightly cover. About 2-3 days go by and you have your first cotyledons appearing above the soil. Get light on them right after they appear so they won't stretch.

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I put them in glass of water for about 12 hours in the dark, and then drop them into a rapid rooter. The key with the RR plugs seems to be two things, I always make the hole a little bit deeper than it usually is, and I tear a piece off of the side to plug up the hole after putting the seed in. You don’t want to plug up the hole all The way, but i just set a piece of the plug gently on top of the hole to let in light, and i usually have pretty close to 100% this way.
went back and read my comment, forgot to note that I also put the tray my RR are in on a heat mat hooked up to a controller set to 80, put the probe in an empty RR. I also put 1/2" of perlite underneath the RR to wickthe water from the tray below, fill the tray to about 1/4" with a combination of water & recharge. I don’t know if the recharge makes a difference or not but I like the idea of my RR being charged with microbes.

GCG

Dinosaur
What's the longest anyone has tried to get a seed to pop. I wet 5 Vienna Skunk seeds from HSO. One popped like normal but the 4 others after soaking for 24 hrs and paper towel for 2 days went into soil. 5 days later dug around still not cracked. Trashed all 4 and popped 2 Heison purple cake and 2 Mass Medical Star Pupil. They popped quickly no issues. I decided to try the other 5 Vienna Skunks because I felt defeated. Soaked them for 24 hours and now they've been in paper towel for 5 days.
This morning one is finally cracked open but no root tip yet. Never been in paper towels more than maybr 2 days before. Seeds where really dark and wildly varying in size. A few real small and a few pretty large.
Still not sure they're going to make it and Im more than a week in. Frustrating.
What's the longest youve seen for seeds to pop?