How do you Germinate your seeds?

How do you pop your seeds?

• Total voters

nc208

Yes, thank you. So, into the prison wallet for 12-24 hours, out to the cheeks until I grow a tail, then shit the whole sunshine mix into a #4. Got it!
Haha prison wallet??? I have never heard that before but I love it.

Water glass for 12-48 hours depending if they have cracked. Then to paper towel for a day, to let tails get a bit of length, use tweezers for handling so it's super easy to plant with tail down. My hands are too messy so tweezers save my ass.

Ass crack is only for seeds that dont crack. Need that extra lil strength. Mr T style.

shimz

vapest
Haha prison wallet??? I have never heard that before but I love it.

Water glass for 12-48 hours depending if they have cracked. Then to paper towel for a day, to let tails get a bit of length, use tweezers for handling so it's super easy to plant with tail down. My hands are too messy so tweezers save my ass.

Ass crack is only for seeds that dont crack. Need that extra lil strength. Mr T style.
You need to see the movie "Get Hard".

D

Deleted member 60

I was gifted one of these (Bioset) about 15 years ago and it has served me very well. The only limitation is you can only pop 4 strains at one time. Not sure I would have ever purchased it...but I'm glad I have it.

RIP Ronnie.
09280_01_bioset.jpg

D

Deleted member 60

The bottom tray holds water. You pour the water into the top tray and it slowly drains down through each tray. Each tray has a ribbed bottom that holds some moisture and humidity. I usually get tails in this in 24 hours.

Some French foo-foo or somethin'.....LOL...but it works.

PhatNuggz

I drop mine in water with some liquid sea weed ~ 24 hours then into organic coco pellets, though I seem to be having issues withthe pellets and/or the flimsy cloth bag, and getting sufficient coco around each seed for the tap root root hairs to branch into

The problem with paper towels is the microscopic tap root hairs can quickly anchor into it, which are then ripped off when moving them to wherever

SCJedi

Synergist
I have a half pint jar and the inside of it is lined with light sandpaper. I put the seeds in there and [lightly] shake it back and forth a couple of times to scuff the outside. I then either plop them into a shot glass of water until they sink or 24 hours, whichever comes first and put them into a wet paper towel.

What I would like to know is if anyone uses hormones on old seeds. I got an old S1 to pop open and stick a tail out of the crack but then it just stopped so I scrapped it. I would love to figure out how to give it a nudge before planting it.

Paddletail

I've use gibberellic acid multiple times on older stuff that didn't seem to want to pop. I run a small perpetual so it's only been a few here or there. Don't have huge sample sizes to give success rates though

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I have a half pint jar and the inside of it is lined with light sandpaper. I put the seeds in there and [lightly] shake it back and forth a couple of times to scuff the outside. I then either plop them into a shot glass of water until they sink or 24 hours, whichever comes first and put them into a wet paper towel.

What I would like to know is if anyone uses hormones on old seeds. I got an old S1 to pop open and stick a tail out of the crack but then it just stopped so I scrapped it. I would love to figure out how to give it a nudge before planting it.
I dont have a lot of experience with this, but ive popped 2 beans that were 20 yrs old last week to give to a friend and I used 2ml 3% h2o2 per 32 oz. water and got a tail on both in less than 3 days. This was also using the "paper towel in ziplok on top of DVR" method. Im sure the shells on seeds that old are damn near petrified so any breaking down of the seal of the husk is likely good for promoting good germination.