How do you Germinate your seeds?

How do you pop your seeds?

• Total voters

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Paper towel when im concerned with germinating. If i know theres no germination issues i go straight into a peat pellet and not deep at all. I plant the seed pointed end down and just barely cover the seed. If you plant to deep they have trouble making there way up up through the peat, especially if the peat dries a little.

Mr420NSO

I soak 24 hours in a weak seaweed extract solution unless they crack sooner. After soak I put them in a damp paper towel and put that in a zip lock bag and check ever 10 to 12 hours till they crack. Then put them in a 50/50 mix of seed starting soil and promix hp.

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
I've used sunshine #4 with seeds and it definitely doesn't work well for sprouting.
Probably dries out too quickly for them to become established -- unless you want to sprinkle a little water on them every day or leave them under a dome after they sprout (risky).
I would say I water it once and usually have a 100% germination within day 5.
I'd say that works pretty good. :unsure:
I sprout a couple of hundred seeds a year and I go through about 2 bales of this.
I end up keeping them in their little party cups, that I sprout them in, for a couple of weeks, until they move to their final coco home under the big lights.

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
I sprout a couple of hundred seeds a year and I go through about 2 bales of this.
I end up keeping them in their little party cups, that I sprout them in, for a couple of weeks, until they move to their final coco home under the big lights.
Ps. I don't put holes in the bottom of my cups anymore. I give each cup enough water without over or under saturating the media. It's sort of a "feel" based skill, that I've developed.

Genuity

First 48
I use the (ss#4 advanced mix) with the same results as you..