Higher Power Genetics

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
@m4s73r
I could definitely see light spectrum affecting cultivars differently. My flower room is HPS and LED combo, so plants are adapting to both light sources. I do not select traits based on light source but do see this as a very interesting topic of research. It’s possible but why select for traits that are specific to a type of light? I think repeated exposure of the same light source generation after generation could cause different genes to be expressed and selected for by the plants, if that’s what you mean. This is the reason why I go LED/HPS combo.

Soil is so complicated and scientists know so little about it, nothing surprises me anymore. Very cool observations. I’m re-using coco right now with good results.

@m4s73r
I could definitely see light spectrum affecting cultivars differently. My flower room is HPS and LED combo, so plants are adapting to both light sources. I do not select traits based on light source but do see this as a very interesting topic of research. It’s possible but why select for traits that are specific to a type of light? I think repeated exposure of the same light source generation after generation could cause different genes to be expressed and selected for by the plants, if that’s what you mean. This is the reason why I go LED/HPS combo.

Soil is so complicated and scientists know so little about it, nothing surprises me anymore. Very cool observations. I’m re-using coco right now with good results.
Oi that really makes a lot of sense... You rekon LED/COB could satisfy both spectrum's that LED/HPS do D? I think LED/COB would be a much easier setup to for me to put into one of my 3 X 3 tents than LED/HPS and think I need to get more light deeper into my canopy than what my current lights are putting out as if any part of my plants are over say 16 inches from the top most cola then their development is crap and borderline not even worth growing out.

4 days from getting wet and on the last day of the new moon(which I have never really paid any attention to) my Kings Juice X Rainbow Belts are above ground and in the process of tossing off their helmets. 1 of my GMO X Funeral Cake beans isn't too far behind them.

Question D - do you think moon cycles for popping or harvesting cannabis plants have any particular benefits?
Cheers, Z.
D Beans Popn D4 B.JPG

Last edited:
7 days from wet and after 1 of my GMO X Funeral Cake finally tossed her helmet everybody is up.(100% germination ACHIEVED :cool: )
Oi do I hope the cannabis gods hear my reply to their question of what sex I want your plants to be D...
New Beans D7.JPG
BP.jpg

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
4E643566-0152-432B-BBD3-65B9CD8F897F.jpeg
F1 seeds ranging 2-3 weeks old, popping at 50-100% depending on the strain right now. Some strains have seeds needing to be dormant for slightly longer periods.

Major key to success in any grow is pest disease management. I use Safari, pyrethrins, Neem oil, sulfur, and kelp/humic/fulvic/fungi. I make each spray into a light .4-.55 EC, 5.8-6.2 foliar-feed as well. Sticky traps are a must for adults. If I wasn’t growing in my house, I’d use lacewings or ladybugs for prevention and pesticides only as needed. I turn off one-three lights and spray one table at a time between 30 minutes.
84D4E299-0911-4B51-B047-E9C57B43DC9B.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 105705
F1 seeds ranging 2-3 weeks old, popping at 50-100% depending on the strain right now. Some strains have seeds needing to be dormant for slightly longer periods.

Major key to success in any grow is pest disease management. I use Safari, pyrethrins, Neem oil, sulfur, and kelp/humic/fulvic/fungi. I make each spray into a light .4-.55 EC, 5.8-6.2 foliar-feed as well. Sticky traps are a must for adults. If I wasn’t growing in my house, I’d use lacewings or ladybugs for prevention and pesticides only as needed. I turn off one-three lights and spray one table at a time between 30 minutes.
View attachment 105706
Thanks a bunch for sharing your foliar-feed pest management recipe D. , and could you by chance share(if it's not a pain in the ass to calculate) the exact amounts of each ingredient you would add to make 1 gallon in a pump up sprayer to achieve .4-.55 EC, 5.8-6.2 ph. And what would you say the proper amount and the correct time for application would be? I am guessing a light mist top and bottom of leaf surfaces 30 mins before lights on?

Cheers, Z.

Streetpro09

Tester
16 days from getting wet and both of my Kings Juice X Rainbow Belts and GMO X Funeral cake(middle Yuban DWC Pimp Bucket 4000)
are now wanting their own bucket. Their roots are about to vulcan mind meld soon.
View attachment 105727
View attachment 105728
Looks like you're gonna have fun separating those. If you come up with a good material to make a divider from, I'm all ears. (Well technically all eyes on the internet. Lol)

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
16 days from getting wet and both of my Kings Juice X Rainbow Belts and GMO X Funeral cake(middle Yuban DWC Pimp Bucket 4000)
are now wanting their own bucket. Their roots are about to vulcan mind meld soon.
View attachment 105727
View attachment 105728
That hidden trifoliate plant is the GMO I’m guessing, king’s juice has big ole fan leaves. You mightconsider growing regs in rockwool trays first and then sex testing them at 1-2 weeks old. Farmer freeman does sex testing, you mail in samples.
image.jpg
It’s possible reassure labs where I work could take out of state sex samples but I’m not sure.image.jpg

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I don't see why not. The sample is usually either a cotyledon or a leaf clipping from a 1-2 week old seedling so there's no THC in it and it is legally considered "hemp" at that point.
Right Leaf tissue ≠ THC.
We are validating one test at a time so I’m not sure when we will have the sexing up and running.

Speaking of THC, I have a success cal curve for cannabinoids. Scooby snacks tested at 23%. Not bad for running lower watts! A&B, GMO, 5.19, Kings Juice 3, and Grease Monkey were running when I left work today. I expect some nice numbers tomorrow.

I had a major GCMS malfunction today so no terpenes have been run yet. Forbidden fruit, Apples and Bananas & 5.19 are ready when I figure out where air is leaking…

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
DFA4AEBD-7BE5-4551-B58B-5EEEF9741FE0.jpeg
I use this for seeds starters sometimes to start building up a light feed in a natural environment. I used a small amount of this bag and put it away for a few months in a cardboard box. If anyone was wondering wether fox farms has fungi in it.. roll it up in a box and watch ‘coco loco’ get to work. I did also spray it with key to life microbes/fungi, with that being said there’s some organic goodies in there they like.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Thank you very much for all those great info nuggets D, especially the parts about your exp in hydro! (y)
Can I ask your opinion on the following nute recipe for dwc on whether or not you feel it checks all the boxes to keep it fire or if you would add something.

3 parts Jacks 321, 2 parts Jacks cal mag, 1 part Epsom, whole shot glass of Liquid Clean Kelp, small dash of Mr Fulvic & another small dash of AG Fungicide. PPM ends up in the 800-900 range 6.0 PH.

Cheers, Z.
Im curious to your findings too. My experience subtract the fulvic and kelp. Ran it for a year and liked one part or 2 part regiments to better effect. Just my 2 cents.