Higher Power Genetics

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Oi that suxors D... I know when I was heavy into hombrewing you can pretty easily freeze yeast to preserve it for a couple of years using glycerol. If pollen gets wet does it still remain viable?
Can confirm I just put tiny ball ‘air tight’ jars full of pollen in the freezer, with like 20% flour mixed in. Months later I removed the jars and found condensation as I opened them at room temp. The pollen was clearly still quite viable as these plants are pretty well pollinated, although I am not quite swimming in seeds like I was with live males. I literally have thousands of outdoor seeds. Pollen was still bright yellow and was ‘dusty’ after thawing at room temp covered by paper towel for about 30 min. That being said the pollen for the most part was dry, and YES heavy moisture along with freezing will cause some pollen particles to expand and burst. Clearly I had enough % left viable to get the job done. These are smaller 3-4 foot sea of green clones so it’s about 20-50 seeds per plant right now, which to me is extremely low.

Last edited:

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Great news! Way more seeds than I thought! Will give some out to you guys who have already requested seeds. Most of them are going to JBC seeds, I will let you guys know which seed banks I land. Here is Kings Juice #4 crossed with funeral cake, some great colors and smells today.
View attachment 103648
Great work man! Its been neat to watch ur progress in starting up ur seeed buisness! Dam good lookn nuggs!
👍🔥

Question DET—PDX - Do you think it benefits a plant to have a 24-48 hr dark period before you harvest it or is that just bro science? I always wished this guy made the follow up video he said he would(vid below) & answer this very question but he never did.
Cheers, Z.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Question DET—PDX - Do you think it benefits a plant to have a 24-48 hr dark period before you harvest it or is that just bro science? I always wished this guy made the follow up video he said he would(vid below) & answer this very question but he never did.
Cheers, Z.
According to a study done at PSI Labs (our competition) a 24-48 dark period did enhance potency but their sample size was small. I’ll get after that this grow. Thanks for reminding me of that! At Reassure Labs we will conduct a study of this question once and for all, hundreds of plants, and at least 3 trials. If you want potent cannabis, you need high light intensity and scheduled water/feedings. If you want pretty cannabis, slowly drop your temps.

Last edited:

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Great news! Way more seeds than I thought! Will give some out to you guys who have already requested seeds. Most of them are going to JBC seeds, I will let you guys know which seed banks I land. Here is Kings Juice #4 crossed with funeral cake, some great colors and smells today.
View attachment 103648
looks killer can see frost i have some of your beans, i would like to get my hands on some of your newer beans !

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
347E97FB-75C4-4C8C-A7D6-879AEF84B7A9.jpeg
Kings Juice#4 x Funeral Cake

Did the star dog wedding cake blue mac turn out worth anything?
Yeah there were some nice buds as well as the star dawg watermelon zkittlez, 7 sins and one of the cookies was nice I think. Send me your address I have a lot of freebies coming your way.

looks killer can see frost i have some of your beans, i would like to get my hands on some of your newer beans !
I will be giving out new F1 seeds for free when they’re ready. They need ~2 more weeks in the cold. I have just popped ~9 of the new F1 seeds, but they’re still very fresh, I don’t expect many to germinate yet. Seeds need to ‘cure’ and go through a bit of dormancy.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
The breeding plan right now includes choosing the very best Funeral Cake Male-crossed F1 seeds to create a new F2 round. These will be stable, I’ll begin naming the strains as I continue to grow them out.

There will also be a back cross to the original selected mothers, Forbidden Fruit, Ethanol 85, Apples & Bananas, Cake Mix, The Soap, Super Charger, CheetahPiss Cookies, A.S.S, Chocolate Diesel, Grease Monkey, whose clones were crossed with Funeral cake, and whose original clones I preserved on a clone rack. I will not rename the Back Crossed Seeds, they’ll be called ‘Self Titled Bx’. These F1 seeds will also each be control crossed with siblings, to create F2. For example, Cake Mix x Funeral Cake F2 (tentatively named Near Cake Experience) from two CMxFC F1’s, and also a Cake mix Bx from original mom. I did not clone Seed Junkie 5.19 :( had no idea it was so special. There will be a SJ 5.19 F1 seed that heavily leans toward the mother, and will be the plant I clone for the next breeding round. SJ F2 will also be intended to lean SJ. will be given out on here for free testing.

A select few crosses I will be attempting a colloidal silver reversal. These feminized seeds will be given out for free as well. Please let me know if there are any strains in the above list you would like to see feminized.

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
2ED54CFF-6E62-4F61-8F0E-4965739D3630.jpeg
Unlike its name, Apples and Bananas is very gassy. There is some complexity to it a jar will reveal later on I think. No flash on this photo, high potency expected in the lab. Even with more light intensity, this strain would yield about medium in comparison to black Cherry soda, although the potency and terps on A & B are clearly some of my best and with more appealing color.

Last edited:
Just some absolutely KILLER looking nugs D. Seriously great job man! (y)
Dayum.gif
Question - Do you think it makes much of a difference if a home grower takes yours(or other breeders) seeds and grows them in a different medium than the breeder did?

Cheers, Z.

Last edited: