Higher Power Genetics

I get what you are saying. Just showing though the stipules aren't always a tell all sign. The way I see it....a plant will show sex once it's mature enough regardless of flowering or not. Once a plant shows alternating nodes instead of parallel, that's usually when you can sex the plants.
.....unless doing something special where you send one stem to flower by covering it with a bag and keeping the rest of the plant in veg. I have wanted to send samples in to get sexed as seedlings but from my understanding, it's not 100% accurate?

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
This will be on every CannabisTube talk shit shows in a few hrs. lol
I see this is gonna turn into to a "shit show". lol
Ok, you all do this,
Go look at your plants that are between 2, 3, and 4, weeks. Start with your 4 week plant first.
Take an instrument or finger and pull the stipule away and look inside where the bract should be and the secondary top.
If you see nothing, possible female or male
If you see a tiny tiny tiny yellowish/white speck
about the size of a "pin" head, not a "pen head".
Chances are that one will be a male plant.
Now...
if you look and see a tiny "green" speck.
Chances are very good that will be a female.
You don't need a magnifying glass, learn to see it with your own two eyes.
Once you recognize what you're looking at, it gets easy.
You will notice your males earlier.
I've been checking plants this way for many years.
If you can knock 10 days off your transplant schedule creates more room and no wasted space.
Seriously, it must have something to do with Chlorophyll absorption between a male and a female in that stage of growth.
That's all I got for an explanation of why it works.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
This vid "kinda" explains some of things I was talking about.
You got me thinking my memory was a little "off" about the "crossing stipules" thing.
Turns out, I was right, and wrong.
Some males will cross,
but it's a female thing.
I know most of you know all this but doesn't hurt to dust off the old "memorial gland"
Shit! I forgot to post the damn thing!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
50 years of this, there are nuances that show me early on.
They turned out all 4 are males as I suspected.
I am usually 90% right. It's years of doing this that I developed these tricks.
One way you can tell is let the plants dry out and the males will begin wilting first because of the their smaller root system. Not always, but most of the time. It's harder for a female to wilt because it builds more root structure early on.
good deal,you know things like this i want to know .

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This will be on every CannabisTube talk shit shows in a few hrs. lol
I see this is gonna turn into to a "shit show". lol
Ok, you all do this,
Go look at your plants that are between 2, 3, and 4, weeks. Start with your 4 week plant first.
Take an instrument or finger and pull the stipule away and look inside where the bract should be and the secondary top.
If you see nothing, possible female or male
If you see a tiny tiny tiny yellowish/white speck
about the size of a "pin" head, not a "pen head".
Chances are that one will be a male plant.
Now...
if you look and see a tiny "green" speck.
Chances are very good that will be a female.
You don't need a magnifying glass, learn to see it with your own two eyes.
Once you recognize what you're looking at, it gets easy.
You will notice your males earlier.
I've been checking plants this way for many years.
If you can knock 10 days off your transplant schedule creates more room and no wasted space.
Seriously, it must have something to do with Chlorophyll absorption between a male and a female in that stage of growth.
That's all I got for an explanation of why it works.
i start looking closer next week ,thanks

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
he;;ll be back before long ,you doing alright today @NoWaistedSpace ?
Yea, I'm fine. lol
Testing this last batch of weed's got me "babbling and prophesizing".
Pay no mind to it, but there is a message I'm trying to get across.
I'm spotting the signs at the beginning of the formation of the sex parts. Not after they have already formed.
Doing some reading trying to understand why the females are absorbing more of the green light than the males in the sex organs.
I should have never brought this subject up. lol
Someone please explain the science behind this.

Day 43 for Galactic Runtz BL, 5.19 BR & FL, SuperCharger FR and GRuntZ is starting to fade and look REALLY nice. SuperCharger is slowly stacking & doing her thing. 5.19 mains will now be guided outside of the light as I am done trying to keep them under it.(should've topped them)
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 1.JPG

SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 2.JPG
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 3.JPG
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 4.JPG
SC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 1.JPGSC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 2.JPGSC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 3.JPGSC(F) GR(BL) 5.19(BL) April F1s D43 4.JPG

Awesome grow @Zaphod420! Doesn't look like trimming will be too daunting

Hopefully my BHP is a quick finisher like yours
Thanks Fiddler! I always try doing what I call a "preliminary defol" of some of the bigger leaves 5-7 days before take down in the hopes of giving all the buds one last good shot at the light to finish up. I think it helps a tiny bit with the crappy lights I have, and it definitely makes trimming a bit more easy when that dreaded time comes.
NC BRAPP.JPG

Last edited:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Forbidden fruit #6988 is 5% by weight terpenes and 2% Myrcene, the kids are smelling through their bags this is quite the discovery.

I am currently performing a study on cannaflavin to try and locate the parts of the cannabis plant biomass that can be re-used from commercial grows to mass extract the elusive cannaflavin compound. Flavonoids are not well researched but at Reassure we are taking the steps to publish a study focused on the plant physiology, we do not have the legal or technical means to perform a medical trial, but the source of the compound itself within the plant (and it’s biological pathway) can be researched using everything from seedlings to root balls.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yea, I'm fine. lol
Testing this last batch of weed's got me "babbling and prophesizing".
Pay no mind to it, but there is a message I'm trying to get across.
I'm spotting the signs at the beginning of the formation of the sex parts. Not after they have already formed.
Doing some reading trying to understand why the females are absorbing more of the green light than the males in the sex organs.
I should have never brought this subject up. lol
Someone please explain the science behind this.
that is out past anything i was ever taught .tryin to listen and learn from all the OG's around here.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
that is out past anything i was ever taught .tryin to listen and learn from all the OG's around here.
I learned by trial and error.
There was no one to teach me about growing weed, but living and working on a dairy farm when I was young taught me a lot of valuable lessons about many things. Gardening was just one of them.
Farmers have to be masters of many different trades and practices.