High Kev’s breeding / chucking

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I personally am not digging the autos inside. Waste of electricity or weed, take your pick. You could dedicate a veg tent (18/6) to them and spend the exact amount of time growing, but half again as much lighting, for a return that you can't manupiulate by topping and training.

I have one growing now, but I am no expert and might be missing something. I just see the autos as more of an outdoor early harvest crop for places that get shit weather every fall and get bud rot. That or early harvest and second run in the right zones.
I’m not to sold on the autos either. I haven’t smoked many autos either. So I will have to see more for me to want to grow them indoors too.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
My buddy has been making auto beans. He wants me to be his partner making beans. If anyone is interested in auto testers let me know he has some ready. Fastbuds blackberry females crossed with low Ryder #1
View attachment 88675
View attachment 88676
View attachment 88677View attachment 88678View attachment 88679View attachment 88680View attachment 88681View attachment 88682
I'd be interested in a few, going to do a whole auto run to see if I like it vs a few here and there... No biggie if you gave them out...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James gave me a few to try just to say that I have. It's a strain I was interested in trying (Zkittles) and from a reputable breeder (Seedsman), but I don't know if the auto will be a good representation of the strain or not. . It looks like it will have a decent yield, not a lot of trimming, a lot of dime-sized nugs after it's dry. Pretty little Christmas tree though.
IMG_3551.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@J.James gave me a few to try just to say that I have. It's a strain I was interested in trying (Zkittles) and from a reputable breeder (Seedsman), but I don't know if the auto will be a good representation of the strain or not. . It looks like it will have a decent yield, not a lot of trimming, a lot of dime-sized nugs after it's dry. Pretty little Christmas tree though.
View attachment 88751
image.jpeg
I am real unexcited about this Barneys "Tangie" auto, pretty little plant but zero citrus/tangie, stem rub is original Columbian, it frosted up & ripen since this photo and will come down this weekend but not a good use of electricity IMO

Blu-Tri

View attachment 88756
I am real unexcited about this Barneys "Tangie" auto, pretty little plant but zero citrus/tangie, stem rub is original Columbian, it frosted up & ripen since this photo and will come down this weekend but not a good use of electricity IMO
@Nobighurry brother I’m not singling you out, I’m just commenting to the post. First that plant isn’t anywhere near finished. That’s what they look like if you try to grow them like a photo. Leafy! There is a learning curve to successful auto growing. Your plant looks really nice, just give it some more time to mature. Counting days mean nothings.
To elaborate on some of the other auto comment. If you are going to be breeding autos, I suggest you use something from mephisto, or Dutch passions as a base. Some of the earlier autos are low potency and very small plants.... they will take away from your breeding project.
Fastbuds have the beautiful taste, but their plants are all over the place. Some big, some small. The bud structure definitely mimics the elites that they are modeled after, but so does the potency... if your tolerance is low, it will be an ok smoke. But hey, it taste good. 90-120 days.
Rocbuds taste like ..... well they don’t have the fruity taste. In my opinion... They could use a bump up in the potency department, as well as taste. I put them below the fastbuds in potency and nowhere near fastbuds taste and terps. However they are huge big yielding autos that take about 100 days. A lot of the guys are growing his photos now.
On another note, better auto growers are getting 5-7 zips a plant in living soil. Put 4 autos in a 4x4 and you can easily get a pound using only 300 watts of cob or qb led. But that’s after you figure out how the plants grow. They prefer 1/4 strength nutrients. Try not to burn them to prevent leafy, airy buds Living soil make auto growing much easier.
You can top, lollipop, manifold or any other manipulation that’s used on photos,..... but here is the catch... if that photo used to create auto isn’t stable.... it going to show up in the auto even more so. Especially when you use use aggressive stress training techniques. In other words, if that photo has hermie traits, the auto you create with it with have the same traits. And it’s going to be easier to bring out since most autos already have very low stress tolerance. Auto breeding project are usually doomed from the start if a breeder doesn’t take preliminary precautions.
I’m glad to see you guys getting interested in autos. good luck. Peace

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@Nobighurry brother I’m not singling you out, I’m just commenting to the post. First that plant isn’t anywhere near finished. That’s what they look like if you try to grow them like a photo. Leafy! There is a learning curve to successful auto growing. Your plant looks really nice, just give it some more time to mature. Counting days mean nothings.
To elaborate on some of the other auto comment. If you are going to be breeding autos, I suggest you use something from mephisto, or Dutch passions as a base. Some of the earlier autos are low potency and very small plants.... they will take away from your breeding project.
Fastbuds have the beautiful taste, but their plants are all over the place. Some big, some small. The bud structure definitely mimics the elites that they are modeled after, but so does the potency... if your tolerance is low, it will be an ok smoke. But hey, it taste good. 90-120 days.
Rocbuds taste like ..... well they don’t have the fruity taste. In my opinion... They could use a bump up in the potency department, as well as taste. I put them below the fastbuds in potency and nowhere near fastbuds taste and terps. However they are huge big yielding autos that take about 100 days. A lot of the guys are growing his photos now.
On another note, better auto growers are getting 5-7 zips a plant in living soil. Put 4 autos in a 4x4 and you can easily get a pound using only 300 watts of cob or qb led. But that’s after you figure out how the plants grow. They prefer 1/4 strength nutrients. Try not to burn them to prevent leafy, airy buds Living soil make auto growing much easier.
You can top, lollipop, manifold or any other manipulation that’s used on photos,..... but here is the catch... if that photo used to create auto isn’t stable.... it going to show up in the auto even more so. Especially when you use use aggressive stress training techniques. In other words, if that photo has hermie traits, the auto you create with it with have the same traits. And it’s going to be easier to bring out since most autos already have very low stress tolerance. Auto breeding project are usually doomed from the start if a breeder doesn’t take preliminary precautions.
I’m glad to see you guys getting interested in autos. good luck. Peace
I'll be the first to admit I don't have very many years experience messing with autos I hail from the great 70-80s gorilla grow days lol, I believe my problem a few years ago was beleving they (breeders) were speaking the truth on how advanced the auto industry as a whole was, I only in recent years gained the courage to even look at, let alone join any grow sites so I have learned a lot about everything lol, don't get me wrong I know there's usually some tomfoolery in many breeders advertising, I run a pretty tight ship and rarely had hermies but seems more common in autos and not unlike the reg seed industry if you don't put the time in and you use stock that has bad traits your seeds are just passing it along... like I mentioned, the plant in the photo has frosted up and ripened since I took that photo, I need to look back but I know I have ran a cycle of Bridzila, vegged and have Eso's awesome smelling orange smoothies in flower in the time it took this Barneys auto to finish, I know Barneys is a lot like the McDonald's of the seed world but I did expect more from her, but if I could grow 20 plants like her in 70days seed to finish with all the boxes checked I'd be a happy camper, I have chucked some pollen and have some seeds from some Bluedream autos awesome flavor/smell very stable but are very small plants, figure I'll find them a mate one day, many give mephesto high praise I do need to give them a shot, not sure I will ever outgrow my reg plant love but I have an open mind about autos my expectations are now in check! Thank you for your knowledge,

Blu-Tri

She's ripe almost half are Amber today, she xmas tree shaped only because I needed the room around her, otherwise I would have LST her...I knows it looks like it fellas but there are no white hairs left even though it sort of looks like it, actually they have all dried up and disappeared..
She looks a lot better there. Great job brother. The open mindedness is a plus. I’m with you, a tent filled with those are a winner. Would love to hear what she smokes like.
Fast buds and roc buds will add size, but will also increase the grow time. Just like some of the other guys said, if you are doing 90+ days with an auto, you may as well be doing photos.
I been growing autos since their beginning. They have came a long way, but in the end, it’s all up to the breeder.
Right now the elite/ exotics strains are super hot in the auto world. But auto growers aren’t used to the quirks that the elites add. It’s all give and take. It looks like you are well on your way to building a great auto.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
She looks a lot better there. Great job brother. The open mindedness is a plus. I’m with you, a tent filled with those are a winner. Would love to hear what she smokes like.
Fast buds and roc buds will add size, but will also increase the grow time. Just like some of the other guys said, if you are doing 90+ days with an auto, you may as well be doing photos.
I been growing autos since their beginning. They have came a long way, but in the end, it’s all up to the breeder.
Right now the elite/ exotics strains are super hot in the auto world. But auto growers aren’t used to the quirks that the elites add. It’s all give and take. It looks like you are well on your way to building a great auto.
Just checked it's been exactly a month since I took the first photo funny had someone asked I'd said a couple weeks lol... I do remember the first autos I tried they were more ruderalis than northern lights, very fast, small nugs odd looking... I look forward to what Heisenbeans has in store...

Blu-Tri

Just checked it's been exactly a month since I took the first photo funny had someone asked I'd said a couple weeks lol... I do remember the first autos I tried they were more ruderalis than northern lights, very fast, small nugs odd looking... I look forward to what Heisenbeans has in store...
Auto bud has came along way since those daye. That mac1 auto should be a dream. Heisenbeans said he wants to produce the most potent auto. Hopefully the Mac can get him there. Hopefully he can find a nice auto strains that compliments the Mac so there want be any potency loss.
I wish him the best because the Nympho needs a worthy boyfriend.
@High kev has some nice stock. I can see him producing some really nice autos as well. I would be on board.

LoudCountryBAMF

I personally am not digging the autos inside. Waste of electricity or weed, take your pick. You could dedicate a veg tent (18/6) to them and spend the exact amount of time growing, but half again as much lighting, for a return that you can't manupiulate by topping and training.

I have one growing now, but I am no expert and might be missing something. I just see the autos as more of an outdoor early harvest crop for places that get shit weather every fall and get bud rot. That or early harvest and second run in the right zones.
Definitely agreed. I like the predictability of photos. And the manipulation ability....