High Kev’s breeding / chucking

Blu-Tri

Autos, just like any other strain, it’s all about the breeding. The areas where autos shine is
1. Less dependence on commercially grown bud.
2. Less dependence on potentially dangerous street
cannabis.
3. Knowing exactly how your bud is produced.
Photo growers repeatedly argue about auto yields. The photos yields may be there, but who’s buying when auto growers can grow their own at home.
Auto growers aren’t concerned about selling smoke, they are happy that they don’t have to buy it any more. In a couple of month, they can have 2-4 zips a plant with barely any effort. Look at the savings.
$60 for 5 seeds, $20 on utility. $20 nutes, $10 for soil. That’s $110. Add $150- $300 light. No tent needed. And that’s all it takes to grow 1lb. A pound cost $2k -$4k. Where is the loss for the auto growers? He will probably have some extra to share with friends and family. Or who knows$$.
I’m not trying to start an argument brothers. It’s a different thought process between the 2 different types of growers. As an auto grower, I’m sharing how we think.
Not to jack your post @High kev Here is a pic of 6 autos. Even the young 1 gal is the same size as the others. These were purposely grown untrained to show how uniformed they are. I repeat, “it’s all about the breeder.”C71569C6-CF21-4333-979D-342CA1D85029.jpeg
Auto buds have come along way
32E4E648-7E8D-4FBD-B72C-64F1100F4AF7.jpegF1F2CE8B-E0A8-4AAF-9734-A084B63FD80E.jpegA2E62C85-0B23-49FE-90E2-D9B17C7E68F8.jpeg
These are all different strains
296EE4BA-E852-4136-B315-E5A7CF58429B.jpeg60C28C85-47AB-4DD0-A520-AFC07CFFB04F.jpegA329629C-E443-4F92-B546-34E10C3F3D4D.jpegB14EC4AF-99C5-45BD-85B7-9ED4DFE77870.jpeg5E48FC54-FB5B-4871-9C52-88ED4F464E75.jpeg739370CD-1138-4D81-8FF0-9BE095422D10.jpeg

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Autos, just like any other strain, it’s all about the breeding. The areas where autos shine is
cannabis.
Photo growers repeatedly argue about auto yields. The photos yields may be there, but who’s buying when auto growers can grow their own at home.
Auto growers aren’t concerned about selling smoke, they are happy that they don’t have to buy it any more. In a couple of month, they can have 2-4 zips a plant with barely any effort. Look at the savings.
$60 for 5 seeds, $20 on utility. $20 nutes, $10 for soil. That’s $110. Add $150- $300 light. No tent needed. And that’s all it takes to grow 1lb. A pound cost $2k -$4k. Where is the loss for the auto growers? He will probably have some extra to share with friends and family. Or who knows$$.
I’m not trying to start an argument brothers. It’s a different thought process between the 2 different types of growers. As an auto grower, I’m sharing how we think.
Not to jack your post @High kev Here is a pic of 6 autos. Even the young 1 gal is the same size as the others. These were purposely grown untrained to show how uniformed they are. I repeat, “it’s all about the breeder.”View attachment 89301
View attachment 89308View attachment 89309View attachment 89310
View attachment 89302View attachment 89303View attachment 89304View attachment 89305View attachment 89306View attachment 89307
Those three things you said where autos shine apply to any weed being grown at home, not just autos.

The only advantage to autos is that you don’t have to manipulate the light cycle. Period.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
cannabis.
Not to jack your post @High kev Here is a pic of 6 autos. Even the young 1 gal is the same size as the others. These were purposely grown untrained to show how uniformed they are. I repeat, “it’s all about the breeder.”View attachment 89301
View attachment 89302View attachment 89303View attachment 89304View attachment 89305View attachment 89306View attachment 89307
I’m not sure what you are trying to get at but all those main points you made have nothing to do with autos vs photos. Those are just advantages to growing at home.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
i got 90 of the biggest plants squeezed in an 8x8 area. And the other 80 ish will be going to my other buddies shortly to be ran outdoors I’m thinking. 🤔. The rest didn’t make it due to me slacking and not having enough power. Plans have been delayed a bit. So Ive been not trying to grow these huge right away until I get more power. Waiting on my partners electrician to give me more power so I can flower them out.
4729CC7A-D9F4-463F-8329-C092C327EA8C.jpegB1F20BC7-2CC5-4701-98DA-363032ED101D.jpeg1E41DE93-B282-4ED5-B3F6-9436819DF333.jpeg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Did the electrician ever show up to hook up your power finally Kev? I am WAY behind starting outdoor starts, my buddy's are going to freak when they see the size lol

cannabis.
I’m not sure what you are trying to get at but all those main points you made have nothing to do with autos vs photos. Those are just advantages to growing at home.
I agree with TFC and I am still hesitant to try and run autos again because it has been my exp that their expressions are all over the place and the more I grow the more my FUCK LARF FOREVER policy is growing stronger. Not to mention there is way more control of a photo and if there is a hicup in veg you can most likely fix it before you flip. As far as power consumption I run 12/1(13 total hours per day) in veg and 10 on 14 off for flower(unless its's an Equatorial then 11/13) which is actually a little less than an auto for a normal run. Now that said once somebody like H drops an auto I will certainly consider trying to grow it cuz the way he is talking I think he might be about to bury what's currently out there.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I agree with TFC and I am still hesitant to try and run autos again because it has been my exp that their expressions are all over the place and the more I grow the more my FUCK LARF FOREVER policy is growing stronger. Not to mention there is way more control of a photo and if there is a hicup in veg you can most likely fix it before you flip. As far as power consumption I run 12/1(13 total hours per day) in veg and 10 on 14 off for flower(unless its's an Equatorial then 11/13) which is actually a little less than an auto for a normal run. Now that said once somebody like H drops an auto I will certainly consider trying to grow it cuz the way he is talking I think he might be about to bury what's currently out there.
If the autos get good enough that they can run at 12/12 start to finish (less electricity instead of more) and have a decent return, then I'm fine with it.

I have one going right now out of three I was gifted. It is going to yield fine, but like you said - larf. I'm thinking smoke the tops and hash the rest and be done with it. But it is actually plumping up so we'll see. Frosty as hell
IMG_3774.JPGIMG_3775.JPG
My issue is that if you run them 18/6 they are in your veg space. I thought that would be a cool use of extra space. It's a canopy-bitch...
IMG_3779.JPG
I just had two beans not pop, so I am thinking about dropping the other two auto and run them at 12/12 just to see what happens. I've always heard that you shouldn't mess with autos, but I think that only really makes sense for topping. Pruning away the future larf early in flower should beef up the rest - it's a weed plant

Anyway, anyone breeding auto's there's a first timers take on it. No problem with the plant iself, just the limitations you are under when growing them. Even if I had a tent full of just autos, I would want to run them at 12/12 or not at all - or what's the point. They are for outside IMHO.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
If the autos get good enough that they can run at 12/12 start to finish (less electricity instead of more) and have a decent return, then I'm fine with it.

I have one going right now out of three I was gifted. It is going to yield fine, but like you said - larf. I'm thinking smoke the tops and hash the rest and be done with it. But it is actually plumping up so we'll see. Frosty as hell
View attachment 89615View attachment 89616
My issue is that if you run them 18/6 they are in your veg space. I thought that would be a cool use of extra space. It's a canopy-bitch...
View attachment 89617
I just had two beans not pop, so I am thinking about dropping the other two auto and run them at 12/12 just to see what happens. I've always heard that you shouldn't mess with autos, but I think that only really makes sense for topping. Pruning away the future larf early in flower should beef up the rest - it's a weed plant

Anyway, anyone breeding auto's there's a first timers take on it. No problem with the plant iself, just the limitations you are under when growing them. Even if I had a tent full of just autos, I would want to run them at 12/12 or not at all - or what's the point. They are for outside IMHO.
I keep trying autos, at first I thought I was doing something wrong, everyone says autos are different, more fickle about nutes, transplanting, etc. so for a couple years and many breeders I just thought the inconsistency was my defencies no doubt there is some truth to that but eventually realized most were in to big a hurry to sell seeds, I bought some fruit punch seeds that checked all the boxes except germination rate! poor germ seems to be a constant for me, I tossed some pollen from a auto Bluedream on the fruit punch and the kids were not to bad, I lost interest, but autos would sure be nice for our short outdoor season if nothing else, is poor germination rate just me or common?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
but autos would sure be nice for our short outdoor season if nothing else, is poor germination rate just me or common?
A. Yahtzee - I think a lot of PNW people get their 'bud rot' posts going mid to late October... I think the cold in other regions is not near as bad as the rain they get.

B. I dropped one and it popped. Dropping my 2nd and 3rd tonight. 🤷‍♂️