Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

Eric413

What brand was it? Some are better than others. I definitely think I could use more than the Active Aqua 400gph for 6 buckets. Also if you look at the written part of the tutorial, he mentions 450gph minimum, so IDK.
I got eco plus 38w 350gph. I bought over a month ago so I can't return it on Amazon. Ughhhhh. This a shitty pump? I'll have to check video and written part of the tutorial of his again. I wrote it down but i could be mistaken being the stoner I am. I'm waiting for my shoulder surgery so I already got all the parts. Just can't put it together until after the surgery. Probably should have waited another month but I wanted to be ahead of the game.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I got eco plus 38w 350gph. I bought over a month ago so I can't return it on Amazon. Ughhhhh. This a shitty pump? I'll have to check video and written part of the tutorial of his again. I wrote it down but i could be mistaken being the stoner I am. I'm waiting for my shoulder surgery so I already got all the parts. Just can't put it together until after the surgery. Probably should have waited another month but I wanted to be ahead of the game.
Those are real loud pumps. I have been running mine for over 2 years and no problems. You can find them cheaper than at Amazon. I think I bought mine at Kens Fish website on sale.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I don't see that model? I see the 396gph. Either way for a full 12 bucket, it'll probably just circulate slow enough to where it's hard to tell. For example, if you do ph changes straight in your epi bucket, it will take longer to see the effect.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I don't see that model? I see the 396gph. Either way for a full 12 bucket, it'll probably just circulate slow enough to where it's hard to tell. For example, if you do ph changes straight in your epi bucket, it will take longer to see the effect.
I believe that is correct I was rounding up o_O

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
that 396 circulates my 4 bucket real fast back to the epi bucket and mine are 8 gallon buckets.
I think distance and position of the pump have something to do with it too. Example, I tried mounting my pump straight shot outside the tent, behind the epi bucket and couldn't get it to prime. Moved it inside to right off the 3/4" reducer and bam, flow.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
yep. I run 6 port. I make my own air stone out of soaker hose and it put out tons of fine bubbles. Easy to make.
I tried that but had trouble keeping them from floating. Looked for stainless steel wire to put in the middle but couldn't find any at craft stores. Didn't find any welding wire either, might need to go to a welding store or something.
I do like the discs that CZ makes. But that can add up quick if going 12 bucket (13 with epi).

Eric413

What brand was it? Some are better than others. I definitely think I could use more than the Active Aqua 400gph for 6 buckets. Also if you look at the written part of the tutorial, he mentions 450gph minimum, so IDK.
Now I'm confused again. Just saw the written part. it's at least 450gph for water pump for 12 buckets 4gal buckets. But In his part 6 video at about 1:30 he says 275gph water pump he uses and says it again at 1:50. @Heisenbeans can u clarify what water pump size to use for 12 bucket 4gal? Greatly appreciated to know my 350gph water pump is fine to use.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I tried that but had trouble keeping them from floating. Looked for stainless steel wire to put in the middle but couldn't find any at craft stores. Didn't find any welding wire either, might need to go to a welding store or something.
I do like the discs that CZ makes. But that can add up quick if going 12 bucket (13 with epi).
I have hot glued them down before