#Heisenbeans Genetics

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Heisenbeans - autoflowering question for you since I bet you have been digging into it pretty deep. Or anyone that knows really, I don't care LOL
IMG_3270.JPG
I have some of your beans going in the cups for the comp and not, just doing a tent full. Anyway, they are in there with an Auto-Zkittles from seedsman and I am not really impressed. Could be the strain, or the plant, or me. It's a cute healthy plant, but that's a trade 3-gal it's in, and that's what I got. It's stacking a little :rolleyes:

For it to be worth my time to run it again there has to be something I am missing. They are 18/6 under HLG 260. Plenty of light. Would more darkness help it plump up?

I have a new veg light coming and the auto is a non-entity. Would you keep it under 18/6 but a higher veg spectrum, or 12/12 in the 3k range?

Thanks

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
@Heisenbeans - autoflowering question for you since I bet you have been digging into it pretty deep. Or anyone that knows really, I don't care LOL
View attachment 87507
I have some of your beans going in the cups for the comp and not, just doing a tent full. Anyway, they are in there with an Auto-Zkittles from seedsman and I am not really impressed. Could be the strain, or the plant, or me. It's a cute healthy plant, but that's a trade 3-gal it's in, and that's what I got. It's stacking a little :rolleyes:

For it to be worth my time to run it again there has to be something I am missing. They are 18/6 under HLG 260. Plenty of light. Would more darkness help it plump up?

I have a new veg light coming and the auto is a non-entity. Would you keep it under 18/6 but a higher veg spectrum, or 12/12 in the 3k range?

Thanks
Id say its the genetics running it 12/12 will hurt yeild if i were you id change lights to 20/4

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Not an option. I am growing real plants, and if the auto can't hack it then whatever.

So you're vote is for 18/6 under the veg-spectrum rather than 12/12 under flower?
got any experience running autos? a lot of new guys run them first and i always advocate against that, they arent easy than photos but a lot of new guys (not you just ppl in general) think they are because of nonsense they've heard.

Best ive ever gotten off a auto was 3zips but quality wasnt there I turned it all into edibles, average yield being about 1.5 in the same hard plastic number 3 pot

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
View attachment 87507

Thanks
I've heard mixed results but what made the most sense to me is dli. Granted they are hybrids and not pure ruderalis so they can take more but blasting them at the same wattage you would a photo for 18 or 20 hours vs 12 will probably result in less desirable results. I would back off on the light if running the veg setup. That being said the 3000k will be much better for flower. The warmer light will let it grow more vertically also (theoretically) . I'd run it 12 12. Read others posting they flip 12 12 for a week or two then back up to 18 etc. with no bad results like herms etc. gaining a boost in flowering speed and growth. I'd have to look into the science and if auto hybrids still produce more florigen when photoperiod light conditions are introduced.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
got any experience running autos? a lot of new guys run them first and i always advocate against that, they arent easy than photos but a lot of new guys (not you just ppl in general) think they are because of nonsense they've heard.

Best ive ever gotten off a auto was 3zips but quality wasnt there I turned it all into edibles, average yield being about 1.5 in the same hard plastic number 3 pot
I just dropped one to see - because I haven't run them. She still may surprise me, but if I am getting a jar of little tiny nugs they better at least be dense. I pruned away no lower stuff like I would on a regular plant, because 'auto'... so that may be part of the problem, but if it is supposed to be a "set it and forget it" plant, this aint that.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Oh - and if an auto requires that I run lights 24/7 or close you can keep them. It's not worth the hassle or the extra electricity.
I don’t see myself running any autos.

I think they are more geared to people who want to put a plant out on the patio and just have to water it and end up with something to smoke.

For the “pro hobbiest” (like us), there’s just not enough flexibility in autos that would allow much (any?) manipulation to fit each specific application and desired outcome.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I don’t see myself running any autos.

I think they are more geared to people who want to put a plant out on the patio and just have to water it and end up with something to smoke.

For the “pro hobbiest” (like us), there’s just not enough flexibility in autos that would allow much (any?) manipulation to fit each specific application and desired outcome.
I'm the same. I have some auto seeds and I'm just going to throw them outside. I have no interest in growing them indoors but I can see the usefulness of them for people who live in areas that have shorter seasons.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm the same. I have some auto seeds and I'm just going to throw them outside. I have no interest in growing them indoors but I can see the usefulness of them for people who live in areas that have shorter seasons.
My thought was that there's usually room in the veg area so just let one go. First obvious issue was height difference between that and any babies I am cycling through.