#Heisenbeans Genetics

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Topanga canyon OG. Not that jungle boys shit. This is the original topanga OG
That Topanga the jungle boys has is some fire shot to, we had some sealed in original jungle boys packaging come through a few months ago.

Any of you guys no where to get assorted sizes of plant liners/strainers made from a material like landscaping fabric of similar? To prevent soil washout.

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
That Topanga the jungle boys has is some fire shot to, we had some sealed in original jungle boys packaging come through a few months ago.

Any of you guys no where to get assorted sizes of plant liners/strainers made from a material like landscaping fabric of similar? To prevent soil washout.
Dollar store has a drop cloth that works well. You have to cut though.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Thinking of maybe trying coco coir, what’s a good brand? Any that should be avoided?
What’s the pro’s and con’s on coco compared to ProMix? I could have googled for answers, but I thought I’d get better knowledge here.
Thanks in advance.
I actually use promix HPCC which is one if their coco mixes can also be had with myco.
Not as cheap as buying blocks and mixing perlite if wanted but much easier as you don't have to wash it.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Thinking of maybe trying coco coir, what’s a good brand? Any that should be avoided?
What’s the pro’s and con’s on coco compared to ProMix? I could have googled for answers, but I thought I’d get better knowledge here.
Thanks in advance.
promix is a lil more forgiving if something goes amiss, imho. grows like dirt, eats like hydro, almost. I love promix. Using good microbes, you can reuse a time or two, cheap at Menards, Just seems like you never hear of near as many probs with promix as the coco, I guess its a tad more boring, lol. jmho

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
promix is a lil more forgiving if something goes amiss, imho. grows like dirt, eats like hydro, almost. I love promix. Using good microbes, you can reuse a time or two, cheap at Menards, Just seems like you never hear of near as many probs with promix as the coco, I guess its a tad more boring, lol. jmho
I think the issue with coco is most folks treat it like soil. I ran tupur for a bit and it was nice too, its sorta like promix.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Thanks in advance.
Avoid Royal Gold brand, went through almost 20 bags of their basement mix last year, worse fungus gnats ever. Came with them in the bags. Coco Loco is decent, but it's a mix and not just coco.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Best shit u can run if running soil , been running it for years

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
When in Roma, do as the Romans do, pummel that ASS I'd hit that!!!
She in it to win it!!
I have found that adding a bit o' soil (best Irish accent) helps to keep it from drying out. And it kind of helps make a wider zone for nite uptake. Say 5.5 - 6.8 is huge. But I have been using the same coco for 2 years. I just added equal amounts of coco/perlite/ffof.
Fox farms is 25 a bag here so my cheap ass wanted something that held water a full day and could still use nutes.
If using straight coco perlite combo. Be ready to water!! Twice a day!!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
When you let the plants dry out, they aren't using up as much nutes(salts). Then you water them, it blasts them with higher amounts of salts all at once like that 1st piss of the day. lol
I water with a small amount of water (begins breaking the salts down)and wait 15 or 20 mins, then give them a good soaking. That will help with the salt build up.
It's about the "conductivity" of the "salts water" that creates the ppm build up.
If I remember it right. lol

So after the flush i got them down to 700 ppm The smaller one after this watering is down to 300ppm and starting to look like her old self

1 tho is being a pain in the ass. after the flush she was also down to about 700-800ppm just watered and checked and now were at 1350ppm without adding any nutes. Water was checked at 90ppm going in. Going to flush her out over the course of 1 hour and try to get those ppms back down. Still dont really understand whats happening besides salt buildup but you would of thought after the ppms came down last watering they woulodnt be going back up again.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
When in Roma, do as the Romans do, pummel that ASS I'd hit that!!!
She in it to win it!!

I have found that adding a bit o' soil (best Irish accent) helps to keep it from drying out. And it kind of helps make a wider zone for nite uptake. Say 5.5 - 6.8 is huge. But I have been using the same coco for 2 years. I just added equal amounts of coco/perlite/ffof.
Fox farms is 25 a bag here so my cheap ass wanted something that held water a full day and could still use nutes.
If using straight coco perlite combo. Be ready to water!! Twice a day!!
Oh and no flushes necessary if u dont let it dry out

Promedz

Zeus
So after the flush i got them down to 700 ppm The smaller one after this watering is down to 300ppm and starting to look like her old self

1 tho is being a pain in the ass. after the flush she was also down to about 700-800ppm just watered and checked and now were at 1350ppm without adding any nutes. Water was checked at 90ppm going in. Going to flush her out over the course of 1 hour and try to get those ppms back down. Still dont really understand whats happening besides salt buildup but you would of thought after the ppms came down last watering they woulodnt be going back up again.
Can I see a pic of the plants? And any deficiencies that are showing? Then we can address the ppm problem!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Can I see a pic of the plants? And any deficiencies that are showing? Then we can address the ppm problem!

Couple shots of the leaves on the one with super high ppms

Took a couple shots of the ones getting back to normal but upon further inspection they needed to be deleted for security purposes.

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN

The only thing I can think of is the salts aren't completely breaking down to get removed with the amount of water you used. How much water did you flush with? Should be poured slow so the water doesn't just run down the sides.
Now, those pics looks like you have some "root rot" going on.
Let some of the other members put their thoughts in on this. We will find you an answer.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
shes back to the 600 ppm range. Deff not over watering. i actually let them dry out to long in between waterings. Thats when this showed up. I no heisen said to they can show phantom deficiencys when their to dry.

But when i checked my ppms they were all super high. So i flushed to get back to 700ppms. They all look better except for this one. and when i checked its ppms were back at 1350 so thats where we were today.

There all back in normal ppm range and all running a ph between 6.2 and 6.7 so i expect her to start looking better by the next watering.

Plan on taking clones from these bc im in the process of moving and their just to big with no time to flower. I wanted to clone them when they were looking a little healthier than this tho.