#Heisenbeans Genetics

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I have started thousands of seeds of cannibus in the sun. Also started hundreds of millions probably billions or trillions of seeds in the sun of wheat, corn and beans. Never had a problem from sunlight.
Again. When you started those seeds what is the dli usually. 30000lux 18hrs with my crees comes out to about 30 mol. Thats much more than a seedling uses. Thats the recommended minimum for fruiting tomatoes in greenhouses. And wheat corn beans those are field crops. There is lots of selective breeding or genetic engineering that goes into those products also. In nature there are no tilled fields. Most seedlings start under at least a thin cover of weeds or bushes or trees and they start much earlier when the sun is not that strong.

The only problems with light I have had was when I brought a plant from inside to outside that wasn't hardened off to the sunlight yet. They will wilt and even die if placed directly in the sun if they were grown inside under low light.
Yeah uv and too much light does that. I don’t know where you’re from but in full mediterranean sun, my seedlings would get fucked. Thats just how it is.

Now anycase, why do you think he is having problems with all his 25 seedlings? Why do you think all his plants are wilting as if they are trying to stay away from the light? That plant is not rootbound. 80F with a 60-70 humidity. Which seems fine (ok could be a little cooler but its fine). So whats the problem there?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Again. When you started those seeds what is the dli usually. 30000lux 18hrs with my crees comes out to about 30 mol. Thats much more than a seedling uses. Thats the recommended minimum for fruiting tomatoes in greenhouses. And wheat corn beans those are field crops. There is lots of selective breeding or genetic engineering that goes into those products also. In nature there are no tilled fields. Most seedlings start under at least a thin cover of weeds or bushes or trees and they start much earlier when the sun is not that strong.

Yeah uv and too much light does that. I don’t know where you’re from but in full mediterranean sun, my seedlings would get fucked. Thats just how it is.

Now anycase, why do you think he is having problems with all his 25 seedlings? Why do you think all his plants are wilting as if they are trying to stay away from the light? That plant is not rootbound. 80F with a 60-70 humidity. Which seems fine (ok could be a little cooler but its fine). So whats the problem there?
I start all my seeds under cobs full blast and no issues whatsoever. The symptoms those plants are showing isn't an over abundance of light. The extra light only compounds the real issue. If the root zone or other environmental variables aren't dialed in the extra light only puts the demand on the plants. He has his lights dialed down to around 70 percent. IMO it's not the lights that's its another issue only brought on because of the extra light.
Any plant will survive in less than desirable conditions under a CFL. Put it under some real light and you better have your shit together. I start all my seeds under full blast cobs and CMH in dirt. 20190614_144244.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
People scared to feed there plants and dial em in should stick with starting under t5s and cfls. My girls get full blast from day 1 and I feed em right. Only negative impact I've ever seen from to much light is bleaching and heat stress which are two different symptoms. Those curled down leaves are a classic symptom of root zone lack of oxygen or ph shock. Wedding cake will do it in dirt half way through flower and it ain't the lights that cause it.
Plant issues that are in shaded growth outside of the lights are usually an excess and under the light is a deficiency. That's why brown spots and calcium issues show under direct light. The light just puts a bigger demand on the plants and you have to dial that shit in instead of turning the light down to compensate the deficiency

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
I start all my seeds under cobs full blast and no issues whatsoever. The symptoms those plants are showing isn't an over abundance of light. The extra light only compounds the real issue. If the root zone or other environmental variables aren't dialed in the extra light only puts the demand on the plants. He has his lights dialed down to around 70 percent. IMO it's not the lights that's its another issue only brought on because of the extra light.
Any plant will survive in less than desirable conditions under a CFL. Put it under some real light and you better have your shit together. I start all my seeds under full blast cobs and CMH in dirt. View attachment 10305
Those are some nice healthy girls right there 👍

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN

Actually it doesn't matter. We would disk the field and then drill the wheat. Their was no brush or weeds to Shadow it from the sun.

When we no till instead of working the ground up we use row cleaners that mount of the front of the planter and it cleans the row of debris because you want bare dirt exposed for your seed bed. Why? You want full direct sunlight. It warms the soil and you have direct sun on the seedlings so they grow off quick.
We start corn planting here between April and late June. June 22nd is the highest peak of the sun. We plant beans from may to middle of July all in peak sun. Wheat is planted from late September to early November. That's not because of the sun but because you can't let the wheat get too big or the winter cold will damage it. That's called winter wheat. Up north from here they plant their wheat in the full sun of May and June as it is too cold for winter wheat.

I have a small plot that I plant in just regular corn that's not hybrid or GMO. I raise that and feed it to the chickens and I save that seed for next year's garden. Been done for decades and decades. That corn has been around for a very long time. It's also planted in bare dirt straight sun.

Im in the south. I've lived on a farm my whole life so did my dad and his dad and my grandad's dad and so forth.

As far as his plants go he should be able to stick his finger in the soil and tell if it is overwattered or not. If he was growing under dim light and then flipped on some powerful cobs and put them 12" away then they will wilt.

I'm not their so I don't know what he has done or the condition of his soil.

But to say seedlings can't withstand full sun from the get go is silly. I could go outside right now and plant a bean in full sun and it will do exactly the same thing those other 5000 cannibus seeds I have planted in full sun have done. ... Grow like a champ.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
The left side is topanga cake and the right side is topanga gmo. They will stay in that spot till there finished. I have enough seeds now to give these a quick run before I release them. Topanga glue and topanga alien are on the other side of the room.

You get tired of the naysayers say you don't test anything? Even after you show your run of those crosses they still gonna bitch and complain and say you didn't. Lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
You get tired of the naysayers say you don't test anything? Even after you show your run of those crosses they still gonna bitch and complain and say you didn't. Lol
Not worried about them. It's only a small handful of clowns running the circus.
Actually I kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm finding new moms to use to work into the existing clone onlys for BX crosses and two I can see how the crosses are turning out if i wanna keep running them. If the cross is bad ass I'll leave it alone. If I can improve it I'll select new moms to reverse. I thi k being a good fem breeder you have to find those good pollen producers that are also bad ass plants. So many bad ass elite clones that wont put out Jack shit for pollen. Finding a super nice mom that can also put out the pollen when reversed is the name if this game. That's like a needle in a haystack. My expectations are very high when selecting breeder moms. I've thrown away alot of shit.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Guys i’m not trying to have an epic rap battle here. I can agree with soil being different than yours and environment is being less than optimal and that plants may adjust from the get go under strong lights, eventho it takes more time for it to adjust imo etc. But i still will never start anything under full sun here. Not needed and that strong light puts much unneeded stress ime.

Also man, field crops are always started in fields its no problem for them. Many many generations have been adjusted and you are doing “selective breeding” even if you don’t conciously. You get the best looking cobs to be your seeds. Thats the better adjusted plants to your growing style.

The problem here is the leaves are shying away from the lights. Whether it is a rootzone problem or temps or rh or over-underwatering, giving that much light at this point is only counterproductive imo.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I never liked starting plants with puny lights...it bothered me at the core.

I think they have all done better under the QB and strips as long as the heat is right. 78 to 80 if its 100 or 200 watts that is the sweet spot for me. in 5 square foot tents.

Open air takes care of that stupid heat problem. I had to go all grade 12 and a little more science but i figured it out. The why and all. It is the energy required to heat up a square foot of air compounded over way more square feet of air.

Wow am i high.....So it turns out there is blueberry that is actually dank and really strong.

Wow do i want that purple punch to hurry the fuck up....

I abused the stems and got rid of all of the lower larfy shit. 8 ridiculous colas coming on that purple punch. All beefy and strong.

So I realize a couple of things. With Megacrop it needs a bump of calmag...100ppm and it needs silica.

I have grown a lot with silica. It beefs it all up and the stalks would have been twice as strong. When you squish them they do not feel so weak. When they rebound you can only squish them 1 more time and then the silica makes them trees. I like it in veg then i stop.

I am doing it...hulkster stems from now on to go with the stupid gigantic fan leaves. Althought that BBC. That is freak show banana leaf shit..

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I blast my 10/14 from seed seedlings with full on cob power. No issues.They also get full strentgh MC as soon as they get their first set of true leaves. No issues or wilting. As Heisen stated,something else is at play.Those roots aren't happy.The light is only compounding the situation.Or bugs.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Heisenghost and Skeleton Cooks. One skeleton cook topped week earlier than the other, just transplanted today into 2 gallon smartie and fed well. Let the heat and light do its trick. Snapping the main stem off the Heisenghost I suspect has stressed the plant, there was more frost two weeks ago than now, even though its hungry and thirsty. It sure threw huge golf balls everywhere though. I suspect I have a bean or two in the lowers. Sure tastes good though. Kinda excited to see what happens with the two Skeleton cooks each getting own light and plenty of air and room do.

Edit to add: No beans, just super duper swollen calyx's like Im not quite used to seeing swole up quite like that, lol. I know the pics don't show it, but those golf balls are gettin to be bigger to almost baseball size, seems like, no shit. Not much frost on leaves, but buds are stickier than shit also. After double checkin, etc, I feel lots better bout ms heisenghost now. lol

Attachments

Last edited: