#Heisenbeans Genetics

How long did you veg them? What size pot?
And did you top them? If so, when and how many times?
I always veg my plants for 6 or 7 weeks from seed. I like to let them grow out a bit before I top for a few reasons.

1) The most important reason to me is to see how healthy they are and what type of feeding they like.
2) Something I run into a lot is offset branches. It's when the plant is growing and the 2 side branches on a node that are right next to each other on the main stem start to offset in growth. One branch will take off faster than the other. I fucking hate this trait because if you take the smaller clone you are screwed by extremely slow growth. Also, when the plant starts to flower the slower going node branch will give you one tiny branch every other node and fuck up one whole side of your plant. I will never take clones from a plant that has this trait.
3) How fast they root.

Started in 1 gallon switched to 2 gallon for flower.

Topped once for 8 tops once they had 7 or 8 full nodes. Pulled off the huge top for a clone. Chopped the bottom 2 branches. Took 2 clones from the branches above that. 4 clones left to flower.

If the top 2 branches started going too fast I would bend them over a little so the lower 2 could catch up. Then they hit the flower room when even.

Opie1

Master Grower
I always veg my plants for 6 or 7 weeks from seed. I like to let them grow out a bit before I top for a few reasons.

1) The most important reason to me is to see how healthy they are and what type of feeding they like.
2) Something I run into a lot is offset branches. It's when the plant is growing and the 2 side branches on a node that are right next to each other on the main stem start to offset in growth. One branch will take off faster than the other. I fucking hate this trait because if you take the smaller clone you are screwed by extremely slow growth. Also, when the plant starts to flower the slower going node branch will give you one tiny branch every other node and fuck up one whole side of your plant. I will never take clones from a plant that has this trait.
3) How fast they root.

Topped once for 8 tops once they had 7 or 8 full nodes. Pulled off the huge top for a clone. Chopped the bottom 2 branches. Took 2 clones from the branches above that. 4 clones left to flower.

If the top 2 branches started going too fast I would bend them over a little so the lower 2 could catch up. Then they hit the flower room when even.
Thanks for the info! Just one more question-
What medium do you use?

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN

3) How fast they root.

The staggered branching shows maturity. I try and never start flowering cycle before this change.
I will pinch the smaller top of the 2 (even) branches before it starts the stagger, giving the other branch its leaf energy..
Do it as many times as you want clones from it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
So, what's the word on the contest?
right now we are just putting together a list of those who are interested in participating. At some point @Heisen will want all of us participating to send him our mailing addresses, and will tell us how long we have to get our addresses to him, so keep an eye on this thread or the official contest thread for that. I believe he said the seeds will get shipped out the first week of November. If this contest is like the last one then the date we need to get the seeds wet will likely be around 2 weeks after he mails the seeds out to give enough time for everyone to receive them.

The staggered branching shows maturity. I try and never start flowering cycle before this change.
I will pinch the smaller top of the 2 (even) branches before it starts the stagger, giving the other branch its leaf energy..
Do it as many times as you want clones from it.
No.

Not staggered. OFFSET in size. I'm ashamed you think I don't know what staggered is :cry:

I guess I'm gonna have to get a few pics to show what I mean.

Staggered - This is what you are talking about. Plant matures and switches to staggered mode.
DSCN1409.JPG

Dead even - This is usually from seed but can be done on clones taken early. This is the trait I look for in a new plant.
DSCN1408.JPG

OFFSET - This, IMO, is when a plant is weak. I hate taking clones from this type of plant growth. The smaller side branch is always weak as shit. The bigger sized branch still carries the trait of OFFSET branches. I never take clones from this type of plant. The reason is that all the good branches will be staggered on one side of the plant and the tiny branches on the other side do nothing. They stay tiny and never amount to anything.
DSCN1407.JPG

I hope this explains what I meant 🤗🤗

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'll pay $8-10 a bean if the breeder has some stripes and provides a product as advertised. Anything more than that then it better be some rare/5 out of 10 keepers/new flavor/grow itself stuff.

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
I think that price should reflect the work that went in to it.

For me this would be ideal pricing for 10 packs/bakers dozen:

Testers $20 or less. You don't know what you'll get.

Sort of stabilized - $40 to $50. Problem free seeds, produces a handful of phenos, negative HpLV test.

Stabilized FIRE - $100 to $150. 1 or 2 phenos, problem free seeds, negative HpLV test.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I think that price should reflect the work that went in to it.

For me this would be ideal pricing for 10 packs/bakers dozen:

Testers $20 or less. You don't know what you'll get.

Sort of stabilized - $40 to $50. Problem free seeds, produces a handful of phenos, negative HpLV test.

Stabilized FIRE - $100 to $150. 1 or 2 phenos, problem free seeds, negative HpLV test.
Is that for regs or fems? Fems usually fetch a higher price tag.