#Heisenbeans Genetics

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
The weather has been wonky. Idk what area u are in but hear in ny are winters are not cold like they used to be. So bugs are surviving more. I cut grass at the rental properties and went home to the girls to defoliate right after I’m almost certain, that’s where I got them from.

I'm in the midsouth. Coldest that it usually gets here is around 10 degrees. Last winter it got down to -5 but once. And down to 10 once and after that it's usually rare to get below 20. Only snowed 1x last winter. We have the brutal summers usually of mid to upper 90s and high humidity with heat index of 110 + easy peasy.

This is a normal temp here. Outsiders can't believe how hot it is. I've been in 113 degree temps but low humidity and it felt pretty good. Humidity just suffocates ya.

Snapchat-1587521129.jpg

This is one day where it was horrible.

Screenshot_20230630_144235_Ambient Weather.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've never had em before and I been growing a long time unless it's in the coco???

I used to get spider mites when I was using compressed bales of peat moss several years back. They are easy to get rid of. Just spray some water on em.
I used forbid and avid and got rid of mine pretty fast, caught spider mites last fall and they was everywhere by time I noticed. Took cuts off the clone stock, dipped em in forbid and straight to the domes. Destroyed everything and cleaned up from top to bottom. Sprayed the clones again after they rooted with avid. Never saw another mite and that was 10 months ago. I did lose one clone but my buddy had it backed up.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I used forbid and avid and got rid of mine pretty fast, caught spider mites last fall and they was everywhere by time I noticed. Took cuts off the clone stock, dipped em in forbid and straight to the domes. Destroyed everything and cleaned up from top to bottom. Sprayed the clones again after they rooted with avid. Never saw another mite and that was 10 months ago. I did lose one clone but my buddy had it backed up.

I sprayed with the forbid I had but still waiting on the avid to get here. Guess they are coming on a hump hump camel . I sprayed em a few times over the last week and sprayed em again yesterday with another chemical Imidacloprid 2F just to have something different. I def wouldn't use it if I was in flower though.
When I start to see new growth I'm gonna trim back all the old growth.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I sprayed with the forbid I had but still waiting on the avid to get here. Guess they are coming on a hump hump camel . I sprayed em a few times over the last week and sprayed em again yesterday with another chemical Imidacloprid 2F just to have something different. I def wouldn't use it if I was in flower though.
When I start to see new growth I'm gonna trim back all the old growth.
If you ever get to a point you can trash everything and clean up.do.it. save yourself a lot of headache

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
If you ever get to a point you can trash everything and clean up.do.it. save yourself a lot of headache
Ya I seriously thought about trashing it. That's what I've done a lot of in the past. I just want to find a way to get rid of these bastards for good instead of keep trashing plants. I ended up saving several plants last winter but lost a bunch too. Some I trashed and some died from the mites.
I still have a plant I got from one of your testers couple years ago. It was Adub x cookies, it's had those mites a few times and I think I got em all and new growth will come and it will almost die from it. I have a cutting of gmo that I've been battling on saving I put both those plants outside. They look so bad that if someone saw em they wouldn't know what they were lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Ya I seriously thought about trashing it. That's what I've done a lot of in the past. I just want to find a way to get rid of these bastards for good instead of keep trashing plants. I ended up saving several plants last winter but lost a bunch too. Some I trashed and some died from the mites.
I still have a plant I got from one of your testers couple years ago. It was Adub x cookies, it's had those mites a few times and I think I got em all and new growth will come and it will almost die from it. I have a cutting of gmo that I've been battling on saving I put both those plants outside. They look so bad that if someone saw em they wouldn't know what they were lol
Yeah man I feel your pain. Your gonna probably have to get rid of every plant you have and start over. They are over wintering outside on dead foliage. Clean everything out and clean everything real good. I have some seeds coming up that's gonna blow everything I've ever made out the water.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Here is the reverse mom ill be using
View attachment 129169

The other one I can't even post a pic of but I'll tell u it's the loudest, stickiest , most dank shit out there right now and it's the real. I will say it has peanut butter breath, gorilla glue , and a couple other things in it. It stinks so bad in veg it's retarded, it's also the most vigorous, stout plant I've ever seen. It's like I've seen 1000s of plants in my time and it takes a split second to realize how special it is. Ill.send out 10 seeds each of these and also 10 seeds each of a new stardawg male im.working on crossing stardawg to Animal cookies. That line is actually gonna give us a new reverse mom using stardawg x AC but I am going to grab a new male to cross to project X . I wish you guys could see it but I will post pics of it once I start the pollinating. I can't post the pics I have cause of algorithm bullshit but I will post mine when it hits flower
If it's something new, I would run a batch.
I've realized the old school genetics is where it's at.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I can confirm they are. They lay there eggs inside the plant once you spray and think you got em another batch arrives and continues to eat away. I'd rather deal with spider mites any day of the week. Rather have 100 plants with spider mites vs 1 plant with these little bastards
As H said, trash them, clean the whole room and start over. I fought them for 18 months and lost. I wasn't prepared for the Broad mites and they had a big foothold before I figured out what they were.
Learned a big lesson to always be prepared for the battle.
I am prepared for about anything now. lol
Avid is good, but Broad and Russets mites are aggressive plant killers.
When their numbers get low, they will hide and regroup for another assault when the time is right.
Sorry about the bugs. Heartbreaking to watch your plants die right before your eyes.

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
@Greenthumbskunk it might be worth checking out predator mites at Nature's Good Guys.

I set sachets of predator mites around the outside of my house and shop to kill off clover mites.

Nothing would stop those bastards invading the windows and what not.

I put out satchets every ten feet, hung at ground level on wire stakes on the perimeter of my buildings

Took about a month for the clover mites to die off. Then the Springtails came in (on their own) to clean up all the dead mite bodies. After all the dead mites got eaten, the springtails died off on their own and I haven't seen them or any clover mites since.

Trashing a garden sucks. But if you have to do that, might as well go scorched earth on them devils.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
As H said, trash them, clean the whole room and start over. I fought them for 18 months and lost. I wasn't prepared for the Broad mites and they had a big foothold before I figured out what they were.
When their numbers get low, they will hide and regroup for another assault when the time is right.
Sorry about the bugs. Heartbreaking to watch your plants die right before your eyes.
i know the feeling i killed off, a bunch with fire just add charcol fluid!
i hate bugs /pm!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Yeah man I feel your pain. Your gonna probably have to get rid of every plant you have and start over. They are over wintering outside on dead foliage. Clean everything out and clean everything real good. I have some seeds coming up that's gonna blow everything I've ever made out the water.
for this one i'm set on go!

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Oh boy, when YOU say it's going to be fire, I get excited!