#Heisenbeans Genetics

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
The pollination is offset for regs by 6 weeks. I never store any pollen. Everything goes from the donors straight to the recieving plants
Ok cool so you just keep males you want to breed from? That's what I've been doing as well but was wondering if there was some way you big dogs do it that's more efficient.
I watched the you tube you made on growing and selecting the phenos you want to spend your time on. Super awesome system. I learned some great tips thank you very much.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Ok cool so you just keep males you want to breed from? That's what I've been doing as well but was wondering if there was some way you big dogs do it that's more efficient.
I watched the you tube you made on growing and selecting the phenos you want to spend your time on. Super awesome system. I learned some great tips thank you very much.
We actually are using the stardawg Kate Upton male to make all the regular seeds.

Sugar Pops

Right now I'm keeping mine outside but that won't always be an option I feel like you big guys must have a more elegant solution lol.
I’m not a ”big guy” but, You could possibly build a “boys only club“ tent/area to keep them in library mode until you need them.
Or bloom them out like I do and collect the pollen, however as mentioned by Heisenbeans, pollen has a very short shelf life and needs to be properly dried to be kept.
I have a couple males going atm too, and I just borrow a light from my bloom tent (a simple 200w CFL I use as a side light, does the job just fine). Anywhere you can let it bloom safely is the key.
If it’s only a male I’m blooming, I don’t really need anything too big regarding a light as I’m not really looking for a huge monster.
Males tend to push a lot of that yellow stuff given half a chance regardless, and they don’t need to be big to do it from my experience. Another thing they don’t need is a 5 star hotel, boys will be boys, they just need “somewhere“ to make it happen.
I keep a spray bottle with just water in it to make sure accidents are as limited as possible, when the boys room is closed up, I give the outside area a spay to kill off any possible airborne pollen from getting where it isn’t yet wanted, and I make sure the pray hits me too, even though I avoid the females afterward.
Again though, I’m no expert but I hope that helps at least a smidge.

SEBUD

Super Active Member
Some pics of the Oreoz project. Of all the crosses I've ever made these took the cake. Literally almost every dosi x Oreoz plant was loud as fuk. I chopped 6 plants down to throw into reveg but one was so wack it gave me chills to hold it. It literally puts the Mac to shame. Smells like black licorice and candy corn. I have 1 that is the craziest chem smell I've ever smelled. Anyway here's some pics. I'll get more in a couple weeks

View attachment 116983View attachment 116984View attachment 116985View attachment 116986
Keep me updated on these will definitely be getting a hand full when there ready.

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
I’m not a ”big guy” but, You could possibly build a “boys only club“ tent/area to keep them in library mode until you need them.
Or bloom them out like I do and collect the pollen, however as mentioned by Heisenbeans, pollen has a very short shelf life and needs to be properly dried to be kept.
I have a couple males going atm too, and I just borrow a light from my bloom tent (a simple 200w CFL I use as a side light, does the job just fine). Anywhere you can let it bloom safely is the key.
If it’s only a male I’m blooming, I don’t really need anything too big regarding a light as I’m not really looking for a huge monster.
Males tend to push a lot of that yellow stuff given half a chance regardless, and they don’t need to be big to do it from my experience. Another thing they don’t need is a 5 star hotel, boys will be boys, they just need “somewhere“ to make it happen.
I keep a spray bottle with just water in it to make sure accidents are as limited as possible, when the boys room is closed up, I give the outside area a spay to kill off any possible airborne pollen from getting where it isn’t yet wanted, and I make sure the pray hits me too, even though I avoid the females afterward.
Again though, I’m no expert but I hope that helps at least a smidge.
Thank you that helps a ton!!!
So yeah I could put a less bright light and the boys only tent is a great idea. I think I was under the impression that after they dump their pollen they die slowly? Isn't it called senescence?
But to be honest I never had to really maintain a male so my brain couldn't figure out how it worked. I'm guessing I was wrong about the dying g thing lol. Who knows why I thought that lol. Anyway thank you very very mucho!!much!!! ❤❤❤

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I didn't mean to imply it was hype - but all hype comes from somewhere. I did hear about the ADub before I heard about this site.
But there has to be quality. I'm just saying that if it was good in 2020, it's still good in 2022. Nothing changed.

As far as me dropping beans, I just like variety. I have weed that goes to the hash bin in the freezer shortly after it's cured. I also have a few that I really like, like your Lemon Tree S1's. I only got one lemon, but every one has been great. The current one has a butterscotch smell/flavor.

I have only been doing this for 4 years. I still don't know what I like and the next plant might be better than the last. Having found some go-to's I can count on to get my fire from with every bean makes it comforting while dropping the unknown.

From a business perspective you also have to consider the new legal states coming on line. Every time you'll get a new customer base that has yet to try the stuff they've heard of.
still a long way to go to make cannabis like a tomato( some of the med regs are stupid).

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Feel great, prob just need to slow down and work normal day hours , cut myself off at dark.
There's no taking a break when you're dealing with so many plants at one time.
I wished I could do a big pheno run like your setup. I have to plant a few of these and a few of those and hope for the best. It's hard when you have 100's of unmarked seed packs, bottles and bags of grows over the years. Every seed is a mystery plant.
This latest project I have now going is showing some impressive traits and maturing super fast.
It's hard to grow a room of these. The smell is way too strong for indoor unless you're in a legal state.
Are you still looking for a Super Skunk?

SEBUD

Super Active Member
There's no taking a break when you're dealing with so many plants at one time.
I wished I could do a big pheno run like your setup. I have to plant a few of these and a few of those and hope for the best. It's hard when you have 100's of unmarked seed packs, bottles and bags of grows over the years. Every seed is a mystery plant.
This latest project I have now going is showing some impressive traits and maturing super fast.
It's hard to grow a room of these. The smell is way too strong for indoor unless you're in a legal state.
Are you still looking for a Super Skunk?
Isn't everyone. LOL

Thanks for the "likes" guys but I know I could do better than that for these clones. I know for a fact some of you would blow me out of the water with the same clones. I believe I know the reason that I don't throw as much frost on my plants than you guys.

It has to be the humidity. There is nothing I can do about it where I live. Dehumidifiers crank out the heat and I already have a hard time dealing with that. I'm not allowed to use window units where I live. I could install a mini split but that's a huge red flag. 75% and sometimes higher humidity levels sux 😡

Sugar Pops

Thanks for the "likes" guys but I know I could do better than that for these clones. I know for a fact some of you would blow me out of the water with the same clones. I believe I know the reason that I don't throw as much frost on my plants than you guys.

It has to be the humidity. There is nothing I can do about it where I live. Dehumidifiers crank out the heat and I already have a hard time dealing with that. I'm not allowed to use window units where I live. I could install a mini split but that's a huge red flag. 75% and sometimes higher humidity levels sux 😡
You could try rock salt. 2 - 5 gal buckets, drill a bunch of holes in the side and bottom of one of the buckets and fill that one with the salt, then drop that in the other bucket with no holes, the water should collect at the bottom of the “ intact bucket” which you can dump as needed.. Hope that helps!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

How is a mini-split a red flag? Pretty much every property I work in has mini-splits. They are common for a ton of different situations.