Gummy Recipe....the final (i think)

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Thats great...pretty much bang on with more water.

I will try some glucose to see if it makes the texture nicer. I love playing with them. One day they will be so good i will be on the cover of high times magazine with @Heathenraider in Amsterdam with the heavyweight championship gummy belt !

I have to set a goal !
Im thinking you need a non canadian tester for those gummies good sir just so happens i know a guy :ROFLMAO: :cool::cool:

Nugz

I use powdered but liquid is probably easier.

60ml per batch is right at jello saturation. 55ml would probably not ooze out so much.

when they are out of the fridge and you push it too far they get green wax on them (the residual oil that could not stay in the jello).

:D

I could make them smaller i guess but....
I use this one, after a month of taking in, combining and testing different recipes. They do not need to be refrigerated, are not sticky or oily, the oil does not separate.

Attachments

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I just ate one . You nailed the consistency with this batch. The strength instructions were a bit vague, 1 gummie = 2 caps ( maybe 4 caps ) O fuck if it equals 4 because I have to go get xmas bonus cash out of the bank for staff , another reason I am not hammering seed sales too much till New Years , amongst other endeavors , I feel so evil .
Heathenraider I don't see you as evil as a matter of fact your prolly a person with a big heart....

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I like this one a lot too. And i add my sunflower lethicin during infusion...the oil is ready to go.

1/2 cup (120 ml) of water and coconut oil. you can use juice (purple frutopia is very nice).
2 tablespoons of gelatin or 2 packs
1 pack of jello.
put all of that in your saucepan and leave it...proof it. in 10 minutes or so the gelatin is melted into the liquid. This step prevents hard bits from the bulk barn gelatin. bulk gelatin saves A LOT but you can not get fruit flavors.

bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes and then fill your molds.

The addition if 1 tsp of corn syrup to the whole thing makes a nicer textured gummy but is not necessary.

They will firm up in about 1 hour if you have a cool spot. Repeat Repeat Repeat :D

Keep in fridge and you can freeze them. Dont forget the warning labels on the package MEDICINE DO NOT EAT or something.

That recipe makes about 60 fat gummies each containing 2ml of the coconut oil.

120 ml of oil with 15 grams of 20% bud would be about 40mg per gummy
25% bud would be 50mg per gummy (Based on the extraction ratio of 85% using an Ardent with a suitable high saturated fat)

BillyMilligan

Director of Quality
I like this one a lot too. And i add my sunflower lethicin during infusion...the oil is ready to go.

1/2 cup (120 ml) of water and coconut oil. you can use juice (purple frutopia is very nice).
2 tablespoons of gelatin or 2 packs
1 pack of jello.
put all of that in your saucepan and leave it...proof it. in 10 minutes or so the gelatin is melted into the liquid. This step prevents hard bits from the bulk barn gelatin. bulk gelatin saves A LOT but you can not get fruit flavors.

bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes and then fill your molds.

The addition if 1 tsp of corn syrup to the whole thing makes a nicer textured gummy but is not necessary.

They will firm up in about 1 hour if you have a cool spot. Repeat Repeat Repeat :D

Keep in fridge and you can freeze them. Dont forget the warning labels on the package MEDICINE DO NOT EAT or something.

That recipe makes about 60 fat gummies each containing 2ml of the coconut oil.

120 ml of oil with 15 grams of 20% bud would be about 40mg per gummy
25% bud would be 50mg per gummy (Based on the extraction ratio of 85% using an Ardent with a suitable high saturated fat)
Is that 1/2 water or juice AND 1/2 coconut oil?
I want to use extract. Strawberry Tillamook to be exact. Do I just infuse the gram extract into the coconut oil?
:p

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I use this one, after a month of taking in, combining and testing different recipes. They do not need to be refrigerated, are not sticky or oily, the oil does not separate.
I just ran a batch using that recipe. Non medicated this run/ practice. If you have the patience to dry them, they are top quality tasting. I used Kool Aid jammers as the liquid.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Yes, these seem to get picked at before they ever cure. I have one decent enuff bear mold that I can stand them up, but I got 4 others that are to small. Just ordered some bigger molds, none of them bears :) Crowns & Aliens will be joining the bears at approx double the size

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
drying them is key to having them not stick together!. i have dried them out for a couple of days and it changes the texture.

i found out why they do not keep. you need a mold inhibitor. The pros that make gummies use a very expensive candy dryer machine.

But they dont last that long. I am almost out but i have a bunch of coconut oil and a few packs of jello :)

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
ya I agree candy dryer machine are to expensive but if you ever see a auction in your area and a small candy shop went out of biz you might be lucky and snag one at a good price.

Nugz

drying them is key to having them not stick together!. i have dried them out for a couple of days and it changes the texture.

i found out why they do not keep. you need a mold inhibitor. The pros that make gummies use a very expensive candy dryer machine.

But they dont last that long. I am almost out but i have a bunch of coconut oil and a few packs of jello :)
Correct, add the citric acid to the dry mix. It is the preservative.