Gummy Recipe....the final (i think)

Nugz

Is there a limit on how much weed you can use per cup of oil? I'd like to up my oil strength and it looks like adding more material is how.
Do you strain the plant material or leave it?
I use hash oil / feco oil I have made so I am infusing high concentrate. I use about 5 to 6 grams of feco oil per batch. I store it in syringes after I make the feco from bud. The bud is decarbed, crushed in 190 everclear, strained and alcohol evaporated off which I reclaim

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
With coconut oil and buds. I put a QP into 3 cups right then. That FX is the shit I LOVE IT!!!

put in a QP pusn the decarb 1 button...then pour the oil on top and press the infuse button.

You can decarb 1 gram to 4 oz at once. Its like 3 batches in the smaller one

I have not found research to determine the max level of saturation. I think it will take a tester and some playing around. For now i will just be careful with these peach gummies..

Fantastic.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If your gummies dont work out...dont get down about it.

I got bulk jello and i dont think it is the same. The fat seperated from the jello. Then i read the recipe...1 cup of water and 1 cup of oil...yeah so stop the turbo charge there G

I went back to the recipe i first posted and added citric acid...

I will be sharp like a diamond...honed to the ultimate gummy making skillz... The flavor is on point it is just nailing the imulsification without using guar gum and that 15 minute slow boil.

More research is required...time to make another batch !

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is the latest one i am using. The end result is a good product. I have tried them without lethicin and just using guar powder and they hold together ok if you dont exceed 2/3 cup oil to 1 cup of water (2 packs jello 40 grams gelatin).
Without it they taste better
With lethicin they work better and...you should have tasted the first gummies !

2 packs or 6 1/2 oz of bulk jello
40 grams of gelatin
1 heaping tsp of citric acid
1 1/2 tsp of guar powder
1 cup water
2/3 cup SAF coconut oil

Put oil, water and lethicin on the stove and mix while you bring it almost to a boil.

Put the powders in a bowl and mix them up then add to the hot liquid...simmer just under boiling for 20 minutes and pour in your molds.

Texture is very rubbery and gummy...flavor is exceptional with and without lethcin.
These are colour coded..Strong....really strong....why the hell did i make these strong.

It makes 60 of the bigger molds i have. The red batch has 7 grams of decarbbed kief and double infused coconut oil...i will try...2 and see what happens. I had one of the ones before the kief and it was pretty strong :D
20200814_062211.jpg

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I find it makes them too squishy...i like it more rubbery

I am a candy nut....i have to avoid the bulk barn store or i will come home with 4 pounds of various candy.

I know what i like and the texture is more toward Maynards wine gums....if i get 3/4 to there i like them a lot.

They have nothing to do with wine except every candy has a booze name....weird blowback from the past.

wg.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is the latest one i am using. The end result is a good product. I have tried them without lethicin and just using guar powder and they hold together ok if you dont exceed 2/3 cup oil to 1 cup of water (2 packs jello 40 grams gelatin).
Without it they taste better
With lethicin they work better and...you should have tasted the first gummies !

2 packs or 6 1/2 oz of bulk jello
40 grams of gelatin
1 heaping tsp of citric acid
1 1/2 tsp of guar powder
1 cup water
2/3 cup SAF coconut oil

Put oil, water and lethicin on the stove and mix while you bring it almost to a boil.

Put the powders in a bowl and mix them up then add to the hot liquid...simmer just under boiling for 20 minutes and pour in your molds.

Texture is very rubbery and gummy...flavor is exceptional with and without lethcin.
These are colour coded..Strong....really strong....why the hell did i make these strong.

It makes 60 of the bigger molds i have. The red batch has 7 grams of decarbbed kief and double infused coconut oil...i will try...2 and see what happens. I had one of the ones before the kief and it was pretty strong :D
View attachment 68409
What is "SAF coconut oil"? I'm thinking about infusing coconut oil, instead of butter, for my next edible run. Is there a specific type I should use?

inthetrees

Has anyone tried this? I just heard about this from a buddy the other day and am going to try it. My sister makes some decent ones but hers need to be refrigerated otherwise they lose their consistency. Looking for the easiest way to make some edibles that have a longer shelf life without being refrigerated

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok, so I wound up modifying the recipe that @Nugz posted on page 5, and I'm really happy with how these are coming out. I also think it's easier to use a Pyrex measuring cup as a double boiler so the glass helps retain the heat while you pour the mixture into the gummy molds. Here's my method for anyone else who would like to try it.

Ingredients:
  • 6oz Infused MCT Oil
  • 4oz Water
  • 0.5oz Liquid Sunflower Lecithin (3tsp if powdered Lecithin)
  • One 3oz pack of Flavored Gelatin
  • 21g of unflavored Gelatin
  • 1tsp Citric Acid
  • ½tsp Guar Gum
Instructions:
  • Put a large Pyrex measuring cup into a pot of water, to act as a double boiler, and set the heat to medium
  • Combine infused MCT Oil, Water, and Sunflower Lecithin, into the Pyrex measuring cup and use an emersion blender to completely combine the ingredients until it reaches a temperature just below boiling.
  • In a bowl, whisk together favored & unflavored gelatin, along with citric acid and guar gum, until fully blended.
  • Slowly pour the dry mix into the oil blend while whisking to prevent any clumping.
  • Use the emersion blender to completely blend the mix until you can no longer see any oil separation (about 5 minutes).
  • Using an oven mitt, grab the lift the Pyrex measuring cup out of the water, and us it to fill your gummy molds as quickly as possible to prevent it from thickening.
  • Place gummy molds in freezer for 30-40 minutes, then remove from freezer and remove gummies from the mold.
  • (optional) Put gummies in a plastic bag, dust them with a 1:1 mixture of corn starch and citric acid, then shake them up to coat them and prevent them from sticking together
  • Place gummies on parchment paper and let them dry for a few hours, then flip and repeat.
  • Bag up the gummies and seal the bags. They should not need to be refrigerated but storing them in the fridge will help them last longer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Using an oven mitt, grab the lift the Pyrex measuring cup out of the water, and us it to fill your gummy molds as quickly as possible to prevent it from thickening.
something along the lines of a turkey baster works well for this - turn the heat off, but no need to remove from the water bath (or hurry)