Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I went in to water my cute Suzie Q plant and decided to snap a few pics.

This is the Lemon Tree Mutant. It’s about 7 weeks old and 5” tall.

6D5C6868-0494-4DBA-B279-7F3FA2D74BD9.jpegECE6E509-5F0C-471B-AFED-B489F2292EC6.jpegB99A2445-BAA8-464C-B3FA-E6C3E49B751A.jpegE6979C44-CEF4-4158-A8F8-5EF305C92FA3.jpeg

Here’s the whole veg tent. It’s starting to fill out nicely. Another six to eight inches on the plants in the big pots and they’ll go into the flower tent. I think rather than moving them all to flower as soon as one gets to 16”, I’ll move them over one by one as they get to 16”. That should save me from having to do a whole bunch of trimming all at once and I can stagger it out.

7BA7956C-FC3F-449A-85D8-31FE7FC39C5B.jpeg

Hope y’all had a great weekend!

Xs121

I'm curious as to your yield with 1 gallon pot?

I'm currently growing in 1/2 gallon pot, 21 pots perpetual in a 2x4 area. I do at least just over an oz per pot and my biggest yield is close to 2oz dried and trimmed.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I'm curious as to your yield with 1 gallon pot?

I'm currently growing in 1/2 gallon pot, 21 pots perpetual in a 2x4 area. I do at least just over an oz per pot and my biggest yield is close to 2oz dried and trimmed.
I’ve only ever finished in one gallons when I was breeding some seeds and I didn’t weigh the yield.

I use three gallons - eight in a 2x 4, and I‘ll get around 2 zips per plant.

I can see using the one gallons to increase the total yield per cycle, but man, you must be watering them at least once a day if not twice?

Xs121

I’ve only ever finished in one gallons when I was breeding some seeds and I didn’t weigh the yield.

I use three gallons - eight in a 2x 4, and I‘ll get around 2 zips per plant.

I can see using the one gallons to increase the total yield per cycle, but man, you must be watering them at least once a day if not twice?
Once a day but I bottom feed. So I just dumped the water/feed in the tray . 😁

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Not dirt. Perlite/Hydoton mostly. In the pot and I also filled up my tray with the same medium to catch any roots thats growing out of the pot.

I chopped this about a week ago. 1/2 gallon pot
Just a little over 1.5 oz dried and trimmed
View attachment 76438
*first. First person. Lol.

And that’s hydro. Way different than dirt. I’m surprised they do so well just being bottom fed. Do your trays not drain ie Flood and Drain?

Xs121

*first. First person. Lol.

And that’s hydro. Way different than dirt. I’m surprised they do so well just being bottom fed. Do your trays not drain ie Flood and Drain?
lol Don't mean to insert a hydro grow, was just curious of your yield in 1 gallon.

But to answer your question. No drain. Let me qualify that by saying, it all depends on how you feed the plants. Been doing this for a while now. No salt build up, no root rot(as white as it can be), no air stone.

Think of it as modified hempy grow The pot is not watered, semi dry(for oxygen intake). Roots that are coming out at the bottom of the pot are responsible for taking up water and nutrients.

Since I'm doing perpetual, I cant remember when was the last time I overhaul the tray. Every time I chop, there are veg plants ready for flowering.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
lol Don't mean to insert a hydro grow, was just curious of your yield in 1 gallon.

But to answer your question. No drain. Let me qualify that by saying, it all depends on how you feed the plants. Been doing this for a while now. No salt build up, no root rot(as white as it can be), no air stone.

Think of it as modified hempy grow The pot is not watered, semi dry(for oxygen intake). Roots that are coming out at the bottom of the pot are responsible for taking up water and nutrients.

Since I'm doing perpetual, I cant remember when was the last time I overhaul the tray. Every time I chop, there are veg plants ready for flowering.
I’d love to see a few pics of how your tent is set up. Your way sounds like a lot less trouble than having pumps, timers and a shit load of water everywhere.

Xs121

Actually I found one in my phone.

Dont laugh at my set up :ROFLMAO:

20201004_162850.jpg

They are in various stage of flowering. I cant remember as to how many pots in this pic.

If you look closer at the bottom left corner, you can see the surface of the tray, which is greenish(algae)
To the right bottom corner. Is my experiment on monster plant, in 1/2 gallon.
To the left are new plants ready for flowering
Farther left (not shown), I think there is space for another 6 pots.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Not dirt. Perlite/Hydoton mostly. In the pot and I also filled up my tray with the same medium to catch any roots thats growing out of the pot.
Similar to the way I do it. I always called it a SIP (Sub-Irrigated Planter), with the difference being I have soil as my medium.

I do mine in 3gal fabric pots that are placed in 5gal buckets with a good 6+ inches of perlite on the bottom of the bucket. I water right into that perlite.

I don't feed that way though. I feed into the dirt. The water in the perlite is just for watering.

I'm in the process of switching to 1gal pots on a similar setup, but going back to having a res for the water, and might try feeding that way just like you do. I'd prefer to run more strains and use less dirt, so that's what I'm working toward currently.

Xs121

Similar to the way I do it. I always called it a SIP (Sub-Irrigated Planter), with the difference being I have soil as my medium.

I do mine in 3gal fabric pots that are placed in 5gal buckets with a good 6+ inches of perlite on the bottom of the bucket. I water right into that perlite.

I don't feed that way though. I feed into the dirt. The water in the perlite is just for watering.

I'm in the process of switching to 1gal pots on a similar setup, but going back to having a res for the water, and might try feeding that way just like you do. I'd prefer to run more strains and use less dirt, so that's what I'm working toward currently.
Hows your yield that way?

I never wet the inside of the pots. However it does get moist(not soaking wet) from capillary I guess. My thing is, this is the area where the pot roots gets their oxygen from the environment. The roots in tray(roots below the pots) are pretty much constantly wet or submerged in water/feed.

Here are a few more pics

Just ignore the LED bulbs, my wife is charging them with my light since its nasty outside. :ROFLMAO:

10 pots (supposed to be 12 without the LED bulbs ), covers just a little over 1/2 of the 2x4 area
20201026_153511.jpg

Top View
20201026_153742.jpg

You cant tell that there are 10 plants in there :ROFLMAO:

20201026_153919.jpg

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Hows your yield that way?
I don't keep track of weight, but last harvest was 3 plants grown that way, and I netted 15 1qt jars of cured buds. If that's 8-10 oz then I'm hitting almost 1gram/watt on my 300w light. I think the light is the biggest factor in my yield.

The fabric pots breath better than the plastic ones. They dry out pretty quickly. I top feed to avoid salt build-ups, but even when I had a res I never noticed any issues. Same as you, the roots that sat in the res always looked healthy and happy. No airstone, never ph'd lol. But I never put any feed into it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Here’s a quick update. I watered some plants on Monday and some others on Tuesday. Last watering was a “flush@ with 12% nutes, this time was full strength. What a difference in vigor when they have food! They have grown about an inch in the last 36 hours.

The tallest plants are 12” tall now with 12” clearance to the light, which can only “easily” be raised another inch. If I want to veg these to 16” tall, I’ll have to McGyver the light cords to get extra clearance. I think the plants could withstand being 10” from the lights, but probably not for an extended period of time.

I may end up flipping at 14” tall. That would allow for almost 2.5 times stretch. I have no idea how much these testers will stretch so we’ll see.

245C639C-455A-4448-9F3B-652E2DD7FB14.jpegEDDFAB3E-84CA-4F39-A860-AC76F49BA957.jpeg4096748B-0A0A-4EC3-ACBF-97F3E5280216.jpeg0BB4D656-4ED7-41DE-93EE-D494601E6E54.jpeg