Grow Yer Own Stone with Old Stoner

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Also in the news……

All the Fems and Comp plants got up-potted to 1 gallons today.

All the regs got “under-potted”, that is the top of the soils was about an inch below the top of the pot, so I took the plant out, added about an inch of soil to the bottom of the pot, then put the plant back in, followed by a feed. After a few days, I’ll move them to the flower tent for sexing, then up-pot the girls and cull the males.

Also, since they’re more spread out now, I fired up the other corn light and adjusted the PPFD.

I need another fan in here. I tried fixing one I had but it was seized. So I’ll either buy a new one or steal one from the flower tent, until those new AC Infinities are available.

View attachment 103956View attachment 103957View attachment 103958
I recently bought a 6” infinity with fan control. It works well. It’s still loud though

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I recently bought a 6” infinity with fan control. It works well. It’s still loud though
I actually got a 6” AC Infinity exhaust fan for Christmas from my son.

What I’m looking for is one of their new fancy in-tent fans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually got a 6” AC Infinity exhaust fan for Christmas from my son.

What I’m looking for is one of their new fancy in-tent fans.

I heard the Christmas drop ended up being hype for february or something. I'll end up with them since everything else I have is from them and it all dies eventually - but I think they are gonna have supply chain issues right off the bat.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
They are still fairly loud when running at high speed but they are still a lot quieter than the other exhaust fans. the only way to have a truly quiet exhaust would be to remote mount the fan in an attic or basement and to use insulated duct hose.
I was considering trying out some of the insulated ducting. Have you tried it and does it make a difference?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It makes a difference if you use it with the fan mounted inside the tent. If the fan is outside of the tent you will still notice a decent amount of noice from the fan assembly when it is running at higher speeds.
All my exhausts are outide the tent in the room, but so are my light drivers. Taking that heat out of the tents makes me not have to run the fans as high.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The AC Infinity fans don't put of any heat that I've been able to notice. I keep my drivers out of the tent, though.
:ROFLMAO: - no, I meant that the one heat generator (driver) being out of the tent means that the high speed on the fan isn't needed. So it's overall quiter. I don't have the fans inside the tent just because there's room between the tent and the ceiling.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
:ROFLMAO: - no, I meant that the one heat generator (driver) being out of the tent means that the high speed on the fan isn't needed. So it's overall quiter. I don't have the fans inside the tent just because there's room between the tent and the ceiling.
I see what you meant now. I think people are better off going one size larger than they need, and running them at lower speeds, if they want them to be real quiet.

printer

Super Active Member
I used to work in a hospital that had air handlers from different ages. One older one had a huge fan and the drive pulley ratio was huge to get it going. But it was quieter as compared to newer, smaller fans.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
They are still fairly loud when running at high speed but they are still a lot quieter than the other exhaust fans. the only way to have a truly quiet exhaust would be to remote mount the fan in an attic or basement and to use insulated duct hose.
Yes, static pressure plays a big role in how loud any fan is. That is something that companies don’t mention

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Wow, I haven’t posted here in a while!

Here some shots from “the room” as we call it.

I pulled the Vietnamese Silver Leaf and the Orange Blossom Special at 11 and a half weeks. I wish I could have let the VSL go longer, but I had some pH issues along the way and I needed the space for the next run, including @J.James comp plants.

Both tents are in veg right now until everything shows.

C49033BE-2781-4E85-936D-F4059C3E16A7.jpeg

Check out the humidity:

CA185C95-61B2-4435-BD24-60719B7E1C5F.jpegB8B5A637-7F2E-4286-A3CF-60E66E047FE1.jpegA857030C-9AF0-42E7-B1AE-A1F5E28084E2.jpeg

@angel4us, check out the leaf mutation on this SSH x 24K. I have two of them. I’m pretty sure one is a is a male, and I’m not sure about the other one. Fingers crossed.

A1A00310-6C76-4685-B7CF-6BBEC6B60D74.jpeg24FA82D8-B688-4C16-9AFC-AFCE2414E62C.jpeg9C0FC84F-A350-432E-89F9-5CFF86C5B176.jpeg627352B5-F04B-4C98-8E4F-24786555E166.jpegF289E01D-DA1C-4483-BA06-181B695912E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Wow, I haven’t posted here in a while!

Here some shots from “the room” as we call it.

I pulled the Vietnamese Silver Leaf and the Orange Blossom Special at 11 and a half weeks. I wish I could have let the VSL go longer, but I had some pH issues along the way and I needed the space for the next run, including @J.James comp plants.

Both tents are in veg right now until everything shows.

View attachment 104933

Check out the humidity:

View attachment 104934View attachment 104935View attachment 104936

@angel4us, check out the leaf mutation on this SSH x 24K. I have two of them. I’m be I’m pretty sure is a male, and I’m not sure about the other one. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 104937View attachment 104938View attachment 104939View attachment 104940View attachment 104941
Looking good so far.. Like the weird leafs too.. U got any pics at end b4 harvesting them VSL's & OBS? If not it kool just member watching them threwo ut your journal..
Thx

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Looking good so far.. Like the weird leafs too.. U got any pics at end b4 harvesting them VSL's & OBS? If not it kool just member watching them threwo ut your journal..
Thx
Here you go.

VSL. I did not do this plant justice. I switched from HPS to LED mid flower and also had som pH issues. Despite that it’s a good plant and the smell is amazing, like sweet pine. The buds are dense and greasy. I’m m reall looking forward to enjoying this one.

704A5E74-33CD-46DE-A8AE-77B831A5D611.jpeg4F6CA6C2-016F-4270-83A4-B5E73C4D8A67.jpeg

The Orange Blossom Special. What a producer! These nugs are 3” diameter. Has the typical Stardawg aroma. I’m sure it’ll be awesome to smoke.

BCAE16FB-8B11-4813-ADE4-0C4CEB6C4D63.jpeg7FE56F16-B35F-4524-8AFD-D92C83E7EEFD.jpeg053767E4-FB51-45D0-966A-73FE7A1F5E02.jpeg6F77C232-02F3-48BE-BA80-018963B163D6.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Here you go.

VSL. I did not do this plant justice. I switched from HPS to LED mid flower and also had som pH issues. Despite that it’s a good plant and the smell is amazing, like sweet pine. The buds are dense and greasy. I’m m reall looking forward to enjoying this one.

View attachment 104960View attachment 104961

The Orange Blossom Special. What a producer! These nugs are 3” diameter. Has the typical Stardawg aroma. I’m sure it’ll be awesome to smoke.

View attachment 104962View attachment 104963View attachment 104964View attachment 104965
Looks like you’ve got some nice growing space behind that window!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Here you go.

View attachment 104960View attachment 104961

View attachment 104962View attachment 104963View attachment 104964View attachment 104965
Thanks dude.. Both look like they was definitely worth the wait being they flowerd that long.. Nice glitter with sum meat on bones..🔥👍