Grow with Joe

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
You mind if I ask why? Are the clones more stable in your opinion? Pure curiosity, sorry.
I don't mind at all. I just don't have room to keep the seed plants going. With clones I can reset them and continue to keep them around while I finish up harvest and get the tent ready for another flower run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You mind if I ask why? Are the clones more stable in your opinion? Pure curiosity, sorry.
The genetics are stable. If you have 5 plants and 4 are wonky, so you name number 5 the "mother", all clones from that mother should display the exact same traits as the mom.

Some people take clones from everything - especially when breeding, because they can flower the main plants and see what happened, then keep the clones associated with the plant they like,

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
The genetics are stable. If you have 5 plants and 4 are wonky, so you name number 5 the "mother", all clones from that mother should display the exact same traits as the mom.

Some people take clones from everything - especially when breeding, because they can flower the main plants and see what happened, then keep the clones associated with the plant they like,
That makes total sense. I've yet to take a clone so I wasn't sure what different reasons there could be for it. Obviously I'm aware of a few but you don't learn if you don't ask right?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That makes total sense. I've yet to take a clone so I wasn't sure what different reasons there could be for it. Obviously I'm aware of a few but you don't learn if you don't ask right?
Main thing for me about clones is that you end up with A LOT of the same smoke. Not a fan since I prefer the variety.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For the sake of clarity...I'm cloning 10 different plants with the goal of resetting my veg tent, not cloning one plant multiple times like what @H.A.F. is referring to.

@Seed of Memory I'm pretty new to cloning myself, so I'm taking every opportunity to get some practical experience with it.
I've actually done flower clones a few times successfully - but have never done a regular clone in veg. :)