Grow with Joe

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I'll have an update on the clones/veg tent coming in the next day or two. I wasn't seeing roots on the clones and started getting concerned. The conclusion I came to is that my approach of putting the pump on a pin timer and alternating every pin was not sufficient. Yesterday I kicked the pump on 24/7, and today I'm seeing roots on 6 clones. Coincidence? Perhaps... maybe I'll test the idea out at some point.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I'll have an update on the clones/veg tent coming in the next day or two. I wasn't seeing roots on the clones and started getting concerned. The conclusion I came to is that my approach of putting the pump on a pin timer and alternating every pin was not sufficient. Yesterday I kicked the pump on 24/7, and today I'm seeing roots on 6 clones. Coincidence? Perhaps... maybe I'll test the idea out at some point.
I got my untested bubble cloner running for its first time. Fun experiment. Be interesting to see if i grow any roots. Good to hear yours is rolling, 1/2 hr is prob plenty of time for things to dry out unfortunately. I got a cheap timer off amazon that can do down to the minute, think the second. 1800w. Maybe worth looking into

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I got my untested bubble cloner running for its first time. Fun experiment. Be interesting to see if i grow any roots. Good to hear yours is rolling, 1/2 hr is prob plenty of time for things to dry out unfortunately. I got a cheap timer off amazon that can do down to the minute, think the second. 1800w. Maybe worth looking into
They weren't drying out, that wasn't the issue. I think it has more to do with them not being constantly sprayed...if that makes sense. Like the constant circulation and immersion vs stop and start intervals. I don't know man, I'm no expert...just trying to learn new shit all the time. :LOL:

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Got a bid of a yield update.

Rainbow Driver #1

IMG_20200206_023253.jpg

Rainbow Driver #2

IMG_20200206_021938.jpg

That's the tops from each plant. There is still some lower stuff that I left going to hopefully fatten up a bit. Probably an ounce or two per plant. Also note, I probably lost a good ounce on each plant to bud rot.

I expect those numbers to drop a bit as I burp the jars and they shed a bit more water.

Some thoughts pre-cure...#1 has the density factor. Both jars are equally filled, but #1 outweighed #2 by almost 4 ounces, and #1 had been in the rack for 3 days longer, so I imagine that number won't change too drastically. #2 seems to have lost a substantial amount of "mass" in drying, by that I mean the buds seem a bit more fluffy.

So now we do the burp and cure routine. Hoping to harvest what's left this weekend and see what's worth trimming and what's not.

I never thought I'd pull that much weight from a 2x4. Pretty pleased with those numbers.