Grow with Joe

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I've gotten decent enough at growing the actual plant, but it's the ancillary activities I'm still getting a grip on. I just channel my inner Bob Ross: there are no mistakes, just learning opportunities.
Exactly. I just want people to be able to see what to look for. I always saw healthy plants on riu never anything else. Shit happens sometimes. Like my mites.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Exactly. I just want people to be able to see what to look for. I always saw healthy plants on riu never anything else. Shit happens sometimes. Like my mites.
That's the toxic nature of riu. If you post up a mistake or unhealthy plants, you get the "grow gods" telling you what you should have done, or how you're a shit grower...or you get someone dredging up a picture from 3 years ago to smear your abilities. So people generally just don't post those kinds of pics. I'm not so arrogant as to think my way is best and I have nothing left to learn, I learn new stuff all the time, that's the only way to get better.

A somewhat related story...

I'm on a job right now retrofitting old fluorescent lights to led. I was working with a guy who, the minute he walked on the job, started telling anyone who would listen about how much experience he has, how good he is and how much he knows. Me, I just worry about getting my work done and keeping a consistent pace. Well, guess who got laid off after the first week because he couldn't produce? There's value in being confident in your abilities, but there's also value in staying humble and keeping your head down. Some people never learn that second part.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Looks to be about a pound a plant. Real similar to the seeds I threw out the truck window in 2001, they grew some killer ditch weed.

Looks happy and healthy. Got some frost on her!
Got some roundth to her.
Thanks. Yeah, they're frosting up pretty decent, #2 especially. #1 better bring her A game on flavor or aroma or something, so far #2 has her beat.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Thanks. Yeah, they're frosting up pretty decent, #2 especially. #1 better bring her A game on flavor or aroma or something, so far #2 has her beat.
You guys and your flavors, I’m just happy to have weed to smoke 😂
First grow knocked my socks off. Super pumped for the 2nd grow, 2 strains, 2 of each strain and the plants are both a bit different. Won‘t be long and I’ll have more variety than 7-11.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Here we are at the start of week 6.

Flowers are continuing to stack, I'm keeping the ladies healthy and happy. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMG_20191228_232345.jpg

RD #1

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228232444067_COVER.jpg

IMG_20191228_232418.jpg

RD #2

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191228232434295_COVER.jpg

IMG_20191228_232358.jpg

Something I forgot to mention. I changed the nutrient ratios beginning week 3 to 3g Masterblend, 1.5g Epsom salt and 1g calcium nitrate, that's per gallon. As of last week, I am no longer adding additional nitrogen in the form of calcium nitrate, calcium is being supplied by Nectar For The Gods Demeter's Destiny liquid calcium.

The current schedule looks like this:

15 gal reservoir.
45 grams Masterblend 4-18-38
22.5 grams Magnesium Sulfate
60 ml Demeter's Destiny (calcium)
60 ml Zeus Juice (humic/fulvic acids and seaweed)
15 ml Tribus microbes.
pH adjusted to 6 with 10 ml of sulfuric acid

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
A week ago I posted my ailing Black Widow plants.

I figured they'd be looking much better after a week, and I was correct. The damaged leaves are still damaged, I'm no miracle worker, but the plants are perky and happy.

IMG_20191228_233853.jpg

And the cloner is still running with the Rainbow Driver cuts. I don't have a home for them, so they're likely going bye bye, but until then...I'll just leave them be.

IMG_20191228_233627.jpg

IMG_20191228_233727.jpg

Attachments

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
Boy am I a moron...my bucket cloner pump was turned down and the sprayers weren't even spraying, just burbling. I'm amazed any of them took root, must've been from the humidity in the bucket.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Awesome(sorry)😂

What? Not trying to get abused by everyone that doesn’t post pictures because they grow shitty poopterpz

That's the toxic nature of riu. If you post up a mistake or unhealthy plants, you get the "grow gods" telling you what you should have done, or how you're a shit grower...or you get someone dredging up a picture from 3 years ago to smear your abilities. So people generally just don't post those kinds of pics. I'm not so arrogant as to think my way is best and I have nothing left to learn, I learn new stuff all the time, that's the only way to get better.

A somewhat related story...

I'm on a job right now retrofitting old fluorescent lights to led. I was working with a guy who, the minute he walked on the job, started telling anyone who would listen about how much experience he has, how good he is and how much he knows. Me, I just worry about getting my work done and keeping a consistent pace. Well, guess who got laid off after the first week because he couldn't produce? There's value in being confident in your abilities, but there's also value in staying humble and keeping your head down. Some people never learn that second part.
I’ve been on there recently and realized there’s a dewd from a certain light company that just sits and looks for thread of anything that has to do with other leds(except hgl most likely because he has no dog in that fight) and shits on them for being inefficient or shitty spectrum or par because of his magical sphere tests that obviously translate directly into the real world in practice.

Here we are at the start of week 6.

Flowers are continuing to stack, I'm keeping the ladies healthy and happy. Nothing more, nothing less.

View attachment 38686

RD #1

View attachment 38682

View attachment 38684

RD #2

View attachment 38683

View attachment 38685

Something I forgot to mention. I changed the nutrient ratios beginning week 3 to 3g Masterblend, 1.5g Epsom salt and 1g calcium nitrate, that's per gallon. As of last week, I am no longer adding additional nitrogen in the form of calcium nitrate, calcium is being supplied by Nectar For The Gods Demeter's Destiny liquid calcium.

The current schedule looks like this:

15 gal reservoir.
45 grams Masterblend 4-18-38
22.5 grams Magnesium Sulfate
60 ml Demeter's Destiny (calcium)
60 ml Zeus Juice (humic/fulvic acids and seaweed)
15 ml Tribus microbes.
pH adjusted to 6 with 10 ml of sulfuric acid
I skimmed that initially and read master kush/was going to ask you for it. Been looking for it a long time. That, tk, afgooey, and gods gift. Then I actually paid attention 😅. Space looks good. Nice work.