Grow with Joe

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
The project for tonight was to get in and make some airflow and light penetration. To that end, welcome to the day 21 strip-down.

Before:

IMG_20191213_190517.jpg

My helper Matty

IMG_20191213_190711_01.jpg

Nice and healthy leaves. Knock on wood, I haven't seen a hint of deficiency this run.

IMG_20191213_193703_01.jpg

So, before I post the after shots, let's take a moment to acknowledge that defoliation/leaf stripping is a controversial topic and lots of people have lots of opinions.

If you happen to disagree with my methods, that's fine. But I'd also like to remind you that you're free to do things your way and I'll do things my way.

Fair enough?

Ok, enough taking up space. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20191213_200543.jpg

This bud formation is just like what I was seeing with my Nilla Wafer from Cannarado. My expectation is that they won't look like much for a bit, and then they'll start stacking hard.

IMG_20191213_201014.jpg

IMG_20191213_201020.jpg

IMG_20191213_201025.jpg

IMG_20191213_201028.jpg

So that's it for week 3. Coming along as expected thus far.

55ca128cbbfd3.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I like your defoliation. That,s what you call good for airflow. @socaljoe i see you are using the radicle bags. I had a bad case of fungus gnats on my last round and i was having trouble getting a good media soak with the radicle bags. After several failed attempts i figured out that i had to lower the radicle bag into a solid bucket to get a good media soak. Your plants are looking fire.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I like your defoliation. That,s what you call good for airflow. @socaljoe i see you are using the radicle bags. I had a bad case of fungus gnats on my last round and i was having trouble getting a good media soak with the radicle bags. After several failed attempts i figured out that i had to lower the radicle bag into a solid bucket to get a good media soak. Your plants are looking fire.
Thanks Capt.

I love Radicle bags. I haven't had a problem getting a good media soak, but I use coco and a drip ring for watering. As long as I don't let the coco dry out, it absorbs pretty readily and wicks nicely. I was amazed the first time I watered in a Radicle bag plant, I expected to just see everything run straight out of the mesh sides. :LOL:

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Good looking plants joe. I stripped the shit out of my last grow. This one I am not stripping much of any. Just trying different things. Who knows what’s better or worse, most get too stoned to make an accurate assumption anyway.
Thanks Big Pun.

My take is basically that you do what you need to do if it suits that particular grow. Maybe the next grow I won't feel the need to strip any leaves, and so be it.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Doing a bit of cloning tonight.

Nothing special, but I built a bucket aerocloner a while back and have finally fired it up. Took my 4 strongest cuttings off of each Rainbow Driver mom.

IMG_20191216_010416.jpg

And while that is going, I transplanted one clone of each into 1 gal nursery pots and trashed the moms...they were looking a little rough from neglect and I don't have room for them anyway.

IMG_20191216_012156.jpg

I'm starting to feel like a real grower. Prior to this grow I've never taken clones before. :sneaky:

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Doing a bit of cloning tonight.

Nothing special, but I built a bucket aerocloner a while back and have finally fired it up. Took my 4 strongest cuttings off of each Rainbow Driver mom.

View attachment 36145

And while that is going, I transplanted one clone of each into 1 gal nursery pots and trashed the moms...they were looking a little rough from neglect and I don't have room for them anyway.

View attachment 36146

I'm starting to feel like a real grower. Prior to this grow I've never taken clones before. :sneaky:
I was brought into this cloning. All I had was clone armies. Now I have no room for clones. Well the way I clone...15-20 clones of every plant, lol. Now I have so much variety instead of running one strain. Can't wait to find my keepers so my garden can calm down. I just tossed 4 BBC and 3 MAC clones sadly due to no room. Still have a wedding cake 8 inches tall in the cloner. I like your bubble cloner very clean.giphy (90).gif

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I was brought into this cloning. All I had was clone armies. Now I have no room for clones. Well the way I clone...15-20 clones of every plant, lol. Now I have so much variety instead of running one strain. Can't wait to find my keepers so my garden can calm down. I just tossed 4 BBC and 3 MAC clones sadly due to no room. Still have a wedding cake 8 inches tall in the cloner. I like your bubble cloner very clean.View attachment 36170
Thanks. It has a top bucket with a light in it too, a 7w led bulb. This is a test run to make sure it works before I need to rely on it. Unless I can find homes for these clones, they'll likely be getting tossed.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Thanks. It has a top bucket with a light in it too, a 7w led bulb. This is a test run to make sure it works before I need to rely on it. Unless I can find homes for these clones, they'll likely be getting tossed.
So you put a bucket upside on top with a mini bulb in it? That's fuckin stupid smart! The little things man I always overlook or over think. That will definitely help keep the humidity up.