Grow with Joe

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
No pictures, but I've upgraded my exhaust fan and replaced my carbon filter. My old vivosun fan had some issues recently, I think the blade had just moved a hair on the motor shaft and was rubbing the housing. The filter had been through 3 grows, and they're cheap enough.

Anyway, new fan is an AC Infinity s4 paired with an AC Infinity 4" carbon filter. Both are on top of the tent with the exhaust duct in the top hole of the tent.

Everything is coming together bit by bit. I need to do a pretty good clean up of the tent, it got messy in there over the last grow. More to come...

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
No pictures, but I've upgraded my exhaust fan and replaced my carbon filter. My old vivosun fan had some issues recently, I think the blade had just moved a hair on the motor shaft and was rubbing the housing. The filter had been through 3 grows, and they're cheap enough.

Anyway, new fan is an AC Infinity s4 paired with an AC Infinity 4" carbon filter. Both are on top of the tent with the intake duct in the top hole of the tent.

Everything is coming together bit by bit. I need to do a pretty good clean up of the tent, it got messy in there over the last grow. More to come...
It’s nice to clean up after a grow before you start a new one. Keeps things in check.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
IMG_20200216_191302.jpgIMG_20200216_191258.jpg

And here we are.

These are the Mr Nice Black Widow clones. They are set on a 10/14 cycle.

So, the plan is the let them run, that's it. I have at least 2 males in there, so it's gonna be a swingin' orgy in there. If everything goes accordingly, I'll collect a decent amount of open pollinated seeds for preservation purposes.

While they flower out, I'll be noting which are females and keeping an eye on flower structure, stretch, etc.

So welcome to Day 1 of flower on the Black Widow Preservation Project. (y)

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Any reason you went F&D vs drip? I was thinking about trying f&d instead of drip, or doing drip but not drain to waste. Nutes are cheap but why waste them, plus longer time between res changes.
I'm going to be starting on a job in the next couple weeks that's going to keep me away for a week at a time. I need a system that I can set it and forget it.

I've also wanted to do f&d for a while, at least to try it out.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Day 2 of the Black Widow Preservation Project, BWPP from now on.

Things are a bit more settled and organized.

I gave each clone a bit of a haircut, also checked for sex.

Right now I have 1, 5, 6, 8 as confirmed females, the others are unknown though I have my suspicions.

IMG_20200217_212331.jpg

And in the veg tent, the Rainbow Driver moms got some new shoes.

IMG_20200217_213545.jpg

mr_c

Super Active Member
Giving credit where credit is due. The light build is awesome too!

I have the same square rose pots in black and build a F&D table just like yours. I filled the pots with coco and didn't use the hydroton at the bottom. I set it up at the last minute and went away for Thanksgiving for 5 days. Net result was lots of loose coco floating around in the system which caused lots of problems. Plants recovered fine. The pellets in the bottom easily avoids this rookie mistake!

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Giving credit where credit is due. The light build is awesome too!

I have the same square rose pots in black and build a F&D table just like yours. I filled the pots with coco and didn't use the hydroton at the bottom. I set it up at the last minute and went away for Thanksgiving for 5 days. Net result was lots of loose coco floating around in the system which caused lots of problems. Plants recovered fine. The pellets in the bottom easily avoids this rookie mistake!
Oh man, I can only imagine. I knew going in that a good amount of coco would get washed out of those huge drainage holes in the pots, and fortunately I had some hydroton on hand.