Grow Tent and Light Shopping

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
so the name of the smaller tent im using is called Coolgrows. You can pick them up on amazon super cheap. Its thick, has a good heavy duty zipper and is as light proof as any other tent out there. im actually gonna pick up 2 or 3 more to use for my breeding and other projects

the small 2x2 i have is the same quality if not better than my bigger mars hydro. If your looking for a good cheap tent give them a shot.

the 2x2 is $44.00 with free shipping

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Its been my experience that all tents (no matter the brand or price) after awhile will get light leaks around the zippers. No matter the brand...some are like that from new others will do that after a few years use.
My basement though is super dark. All light bulbs are out of the ceiling so no accident turning on a switch by mistake. So light leaks by zippers are not a problem for me.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Its been my experience that all tents (no matter the brand or price) after awhile will get light leaks around the zippers. No matter the brand...some are like that from new others will do that after a few years use.
My basement though is super dark. All light bulbs are out of the ceiling so no accident turning on a switch by mistake. So light leaks by zippers are not a problem for me.
Well said and I agree, my experience exactly.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
It won’t be in a tent it will be in a room in between two 1000 watt hps’s till I build more lights 15x5 area

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
What do I do plan b
I would leave the space between the boards. I have what’s similar to a HLG 550 in a 4x4 , which is 4 boards on 2 drivers which each 2 boards pull 288 watts. I have hot spots if not spaced out at least 10 to 12 inches in the middle. Just remember you are over lapping the footprint in the middle which causes the hot spots

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
What do I do plan b
the quantum board put out the par. If you decide to use your original configuration you will need to either dim them down or pull the light up high. Or you could just run them full tilt and just keep raising them till you find the sweet spot. I had mine 12 inches away last grow and I bleached the tops on my middle buds. I also added supplemental to my last build. Those boards grow a great to spectacular product. You will be getting rid of the 1000 watt energy wasters soon when you see what they look like.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Maybe end up making two lights for the price of one
Just trying to save you some money. You can still do your configuration but you will have to watch that you don’t light burn them. You would also have to add C02 to get the benefit over 1000 par.