Grow Tent and Light Shopping

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Hey kev. If your running two sets of the qb132s and haven't got a driver I would recommend the hlg-240h-c1750. Or if you need to find a inventronics driver maybe someone else will chip in. You will get approx 65-70 wats per board with these. Running them full blast can get them pretty warm. From my knowledge you do not want to run those different spectrums on the same driver. Plus running 2 drivers gives you the option to turn the other set on later for flower. You only need to keep the lights as high as the footprint will cover your plants and turn it up and raise them as you go. Saves hella power that way. Dont put it 10 feet away on full blast for seedlings idk why people do this. Good luck. Tent was the apollo horticulture is the one I have and it's been good enough !

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Knuconzeptz I think its spelt makes good wire. Use the 16 gauge signal wire to run to the boards from the driver. Hook it to some wagos with solid wire on the connections that run from the driver. If you are building a frame in between the solid wire works just fine. Makes things alot more flexible and also helps prevent pulling on the molex. These are ran from a single driver so may look different but same concept. Makes things much more

Attachments

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
As far as hangers go the Bayyee silver ones off amazon work great. The black ones can be looped through the clips back to the top to make maximum headroom though. Probably only need 2 per fixture depending on orientation. You can remove and reorientate the clips from your ratchet hangers usually and just loop them through the top tent poles. Your gonna love those lights if you haven't dealt with them. Anyone who is scared of the wiring numbers etc. They have guides and the wiring is so basic it's not even an issue. Building a frame can be the hardest part. If you can measure and drill well then you can do it. Wear a mask when cutting and drilling aluminium.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Fyi for cheap hangers that work well, go to walmart and in the fishing section u will find steel fishing liters. Like 3 bucks for a pack of 5. Plus each one liter is rated for like 80lbs each. So they can handle sum weight.
Just my suggestion for hangers.👍✌

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Fyi for cheap hangers that work well, go to walmart and in the fishing section u will find steel fishing liters. Like 3 bucks for a pack of 5. Plus each one liter is rated for like 80lbs each. So they can handle sum weight.
Just my suggestion for hangers.👍✌
Alot of fishing supplies I looked at had lead in them so be careful. Not something I want in the tent.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Knuconzeptz I think its spelt makes good wire. Use the 16 gauge signal wire to run to the boards from the driver. Hook it to some wagos with solid wire on the connections that run from the driver. If you are building a frame in between the solid wire works just fine. Makes things alot more flexible and also helps prevent pulling on the molex. These are ran from a single driver so may look different but same concept. Makes things much more
I think the best size to use of wire is the 18 gauge. Strand or solid works. Solid is easier to put into the connections on boards. Stand works fine just needs twisted tightly then slid into connecters on boards.
Also wagos arnt necessarily needed in the qb132s setup. I didn't use them. Pos + wire from driver to pos+ on board. Same for neg- too. Quick n easy.
And i didnt jumper the ground on driver either like mtraindog did. Prooly a good idea but is not needed.
Just my 2 cents! ✌

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I think the best size to use of wire is the 18 gauge. Strand or solid works. Solid is easier to put into the connections on boards. Stand works fine just needs twisted tightly then slid into connecters on boards.
Also wagos arnt necessarily needed in the qb132s setup. I didn't use them. Pos + wire from driver to pos+ on board. Same for neg- too. Quick n easy.
And i didnt jumper the ground on driver either like mtraindog did. Prooly a good idea but is not needed.
Just my 2 cents! ✌
I didn't ground mine either even though these dont have a ground plug wire. Just don't be working tangled in wires while they are plugged in. Good way to get cooked. If you look at the picture the wagos connect the solid wire from the board to the stranded wire running to the driver. This keeps from straining the molexes and makes raising lowering etc so smooth. Good call on the gauge ! 18 is the remote wire size. Didnt look back. 16 is def overkill!

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Alot of fishing supplies I looked at had lead in them so be careful. Not something I want in the tent.
Good point. But dont think the steel litters have lead in them? Could be wrong, but i no if i use the liters for fishing, they dont rust or corrode which tells me they are made of stainless steel. If they had lead or reg steel in them theyd rust after 1 fishing trip?

Im old skool and usually am high all day everyday, but tell me if a fishing liter did have lead used in them, how wood a lead light hanger affect u or your plants in a negative way that ud be cautious on using them?
Just curious not being rude, thanks..

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Good point. But dont think the steel litters have lead in them? Could be wrong, but i no if i use the liters for fishing, they dont rust or corrode which tells me they are made of stainless steel. If they had lead or reg steel in them theyd rust after 1 fishing trip?

Im old skool and usually am high all day everyday, but tell me if a fishing liter did have lead used in them, how wood a lead light hanger affect u or your plants in a negative way that ud be cautious on using them?
Just curious not being rude, thanks..
Most tackle of any sorts had lead to reduce buoyancy. I honestly can't say it would he harmful bu my generation has been fucked with so many chemicals pollutants etc that it I stay away from anything I can. Lead melts at very low temps so off gassing I imagine could occur sooner than most metals. Hook that too a hot light in a closed environment. Just didnt sound appealing to me that's all. People make fun of me all the time for being a bitch but if getting cancer before your thirty makes you a man count me out! I'll just be a lady boy.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I like the idea of the solid to the wago there, or solder a solid to a stranded there, might look a little cleaner. I think I'll go back eventually and do mine similarly. Might also look into adding fuses as @Big Perm pointed out.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I didn't ground mine either even though these dont have a ground plug wire. Just don't be working tangled in wires while they are plugged in. Good way to get cooked. If you look at the picture the wagos connect the solid wire from the board to the stranded wire running to the driver. This keeps from straining the molexes and makes raising lowering etc so smooth. Good call on the gauge ! 18 is the remote wire size. Didnt look back. 16 is def overkill!
Ya definitely make sure that driver is unplugged b4 messing with the wires.. Lol.
I never had the wagos but after your good point with using them it probably is a good idea to use them.
And if u got the 16 gauge to fit in those connecters then its definitely a plus knowing that ur wires are a overkill. Was it a tight fit?
✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Most tackle of any sorts had lead to reduce buoyancy. I honestly can't say it would he harmful bu my generation has been fucked with so many chemicals pollutants etc that it I stay away from anything I can. Lead melts at very low temps so off gassing I imagine could occur sooner than most metals. Hook that too a hot light in a closed environment. Just didnt sound appealing to me that's all. People make fun of me all the time for being a bitch but if getting cancer before your thirty makes you a man count me out! I'll just be a lady boy.
Not saying ur opinions on lead is wrong. Just wasn't ever a concern of mine cause i didn't really think of it like u mentioned. Id rather be safe then sorry when playing with ur life. I dont think ur a bitch because ur trying to take steps to ensure ur healthy for ur life and respect ur opinions. Can see ur educated in the diy quantums. Thx for ur info and chatting! 👍✌