Grow Tent and Light Shopping

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not meaning to hijack just had a quick question guys.. I’m trying to put something cheap together for a 2x2 tent.

What is the difference between say the LRS-100-36 and the LRS-100-48? And is it possible to hook a dimmer up to these drivers?

I’m thinking of something along these lines:

Any help would be appreciated, thanks all! :D
That looks and is described like the HLG135V2 without the driver. I run them and that is a hell of a deal if you can find the driver cheap. I can check when the lights come on but I think mine are Meanwell 120 something or other. If that is for 2 boards and 2 heatsinks, that rocks!

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
@Hust17 the diff between the LRS-100-36 and LRS-100-48 is the voltage (36 and 48). On HLG's website there is a little data table there for the QB288 that lists the Voltage with the respective output wattage. That range shows 45-49V, which tells me you need the 48V driver.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess I’m looking to put something together similar to the QB100 but with a dimmer and hopefully cheaper :)
Here is the board/heatsink you showed, with the dimmable driver. HLG135v2.

If it costs $179, that means you would need to find a driver for less than $100 to make it cheaper?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not sure what drivers cost US - but the kit is easy to put together, pre-drilled, etc. you even get the little hangers ;)

I guess it depends on how many boxes you feel like waiting on :)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Grow lights started selling boards assembled and meanwell drivers.

1 CDN dollar is 75 US cents to put it in perspective

Canadian shipped free over 99 bucks. I buy most of my big stuff from them. And AN in 1 gallon bottles.

120 meanwell is 90 bucks or get it assembled for 190. in 3k for flower or 4k for veg or 3k for all round.

They look like fotop boards from china. And almost the exact same price as china direct with zero bullshit.

If i get that 250 watt board i can make my rooms PERFECT....i will mull it over a week or 2. :D

This was for hust17 who lives in the great white north eh. Sorry for the hijack

When HLG canada has stock it is 230.55 for that board plus shipping

Last edited:

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
What are you using to cut your frame? I'm planning on picking up a blade for my miter saw specifically for cutting metal. Got no time for hacksaw-mainia 😜