GowDaddyLEDs

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
Do you guys notice a notable difference when just some of the LEDs are out? I would assume higher than 5-10% bulbs out would be when you start to feel it affecting the plants?

I have a similar fear working with some of the lower end Chinese manufactured ones. There will always be quality cheaper companies, but all the new ones that pop up claiming this and that... its hard to tell which will be higher end without spending the money/time to see their resilience. I've worked with manufacturers overseas (in other departments and not grow lights) and some of the corners they cut to provide the lower costs is scary. But some of them are literally working out of exact facilities that big brands use (just on the off hours). Those companies tend to be quality, despite how shady that practice is. I'd just like to avoid things that could cause over heating/fire or just irresponsible waste of power usage vs efficiency, and of course reliability in the long run.

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
Thank you for your input. I figure its not too big of a deal. Just debating running a unit into the ground vs constant upkeep. Ive had MH bulbs and those you need to keep up with, as you probably know.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far I have been happy with the AC Infinty lights. I don't think they are great on price compared to the amazon stuff, but they work, and they look like something a professional grower would use instead of all our other lights with the WAGO's and bare wires all over the place. They even have a dial to adjust the % of the wattage instead of some recessed set-screw that you need a light meter to make right.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
This is in comparison to one Growdaddy 200w veg set-up which I still like, and a light that @TerpyTyrone made for me, which is still rocking.

What got replaced was several HLG boards. Never had an issue with them, but after getting a few different lights I noticed they were yellowing pretty bad, most likely age since none were burnt out. They were the "V2" version before there was even a R-Spec or B-Spec version, or any of their newer stuff. So I got my use out of them and have them as spares if needed.

Anyone else have spare lights? I have a few blurples as well.

jedi-speak "These aren't the lights you are looking for... they are for sale if you want them" :cool:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
👆
This is in comparison to one Growdaddy 200w veg set-up which I still like, and a light that @TerpyTyrone made for me, which is still rocking.

What got replaced was several HLG boards. Never had an issue with them, but after getting a few different lights I noticed they were yellowing pretty bad, most likely age since none were burnt out. They were the "V2" version before there was even a R-Spec or B-Spec version, or any of their newer stuff. So I got my use out of them and have them as spares if needed.

Anyone else have spare lights? I have a few blurples as well.

jedi-speak "These aren't the lights you are looking for... they are for sale if you want them" :cool:
i don't think my terpy light is as old as yours ,but it works no problems, won a new light last month this run is near over ,wet new beans tommarow pull some old lights and add, new 300 beside terpys light double the watts ,trusty t5 at the end of the tent for the babies ,now for controll of the tent!

Weedkiller

Nothing but top shelf
I've been looking at a lot of lights lately. I noticed mars hydro now use bridgelux diodes now... They made decent cobs anyway. I would expect they at least compete with the 288,at least the numbers are similar. I remember when sue mars hydro was in the forums and people gave them hell. Funny how this industry changes so fast. I started with a mars blurple 300w, it was all I could afford. Reminds me of the computer industry the tech grew exponentially every year, you could never keep up. The seed industry too, it's getting crazy out there 😂

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
There are some decent lights for cheap now but I personally have a hard time trusting some of these Chinese manufacturers who are selling them for so cheap. I worry about them using straight up knockoff diodes and drivers or using ones that didn't quite meet QC standards from other manufacturers. That said, who knows if what I got from GrowDaddy isn't the same shit I'm worried about getting from Chinese manufacturers. I was pretty disappointed to see burned out diodes on two strips after only a couple of years. The lights I built for my 4X4 were the first ones I built. I got all the strips and drivers for that from Digikey and those lights have had no issues at all. When it's time t o get a new light, then the prices should be even lower, so I'll probably get something I can just plug in and hang.
I have burnt out diodes on my Growdaddy strips also.
It's the 301H diodes that's burning out, not the 301B's.
That's kinda odd.
I'm guessing the diodes he used has lower "bin" number 301H's from the factory.
The cheaper lights will normally have lower "bin" numbers on the diodes they use. Cheaper cost and lower quality.
301H has a higher bin number than the 301B.
About the only difference between those 2 diodes.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Had em 4 years now, but still led manufacturers swear we don't have to replace bulbs or drivers. I've had 2 meanwell drivers shit the bed and some.cobs.
I have 5 or 6 Meanwell drivers that has died. Cheap MFer's!
You can't tear them apart to fix them either. Have to send them off.

I've only lost one Vero 29 out of approximately 70 of them in the last 6 years.
Only because I forgot some screws and it came loose and got hot.
You can build a decent light out of $8.00-$12.00 rolls of Chinese string lights.
I got one I can get almost 1000 PAR at 6" away from canopy. lol
Wouldn't last long running 12 hrs a day, but it would grow weed.

D

Deleted member 2835

So far I have been happy with the AC Infinty lights. I don't think they are great on price compared to the amazon stuff, but they work, and they look like something a professional grower would use instead of all our other lights with the WAGO's and bare wires all over the place. They even have a dial to adjust the % of the wattage instead of some recessed set-screw that you need a light meter to make right.
The newest ac infinity lights also use Samsung evo diodes.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Had em 4 years now, but still led manufacturers swear we don't have to replace bulbs or drivers. I've had 2 meanwell drivers shit the bed and some.cobs.
so far the only problem for me has been not enough light,been running 2 amazon el chepos for a while lost a switch slowly been doin the upgrade thing!looks like about 3/4 lb this last try hell i;am happy the most i ever got1led and 1 ,8ft .2bulb, t5. and 2 philzon burples.