GowDaddyLEDs

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Has anybody ordered from Peter recently? I placed an order 5 days ago and all I've received so far is an order confirmation. In the past I would've received my order by now. I emailed him yesterday to make sure there were no issues with my order but I haven't heard back.

Has anybody ordered from Peter recently? I placed an order 5 days ago and all I've received so far is an order confirmation. In the past I would've received my order by now. I emailed him yesterday to make sure there were no issues with my order but I haven't heard back.
I ordered a couple 150W mean well drivers from him a few months ago and it took 2 weeks to get them TFC. I sent him 3 emails asking him if everything was all right with my order and never received 1 reply. His prices are great, but his communication on orders was non existent.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Damn that sucks. I can remember talking to him on the phone when i ordered my first light thru him. He was very helpful then. I wonder what's up. Looking at his website nothings changed much over the last couple years.
I just sent him a text so hopefully he will answer. I liked giving him my business since he's a small operation. But, if he can't reply to emails or texts about orders, then I'll have to start ordering from Digikey again.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I love chargeback. Fuckers fuck with ya...then BOOM....VISA and a good credit score crushes 'em every time. It's amazing how some merchants make so much cash they don't even bother to dispute your dispute....even when you still have their goods/etc.
I pretty much never file one, but when a merchant can't bother to reply to me, then I'll do it if I feel like I'm not going to get what I ordered. I will probably give him until the end of the week to ship it out before I file a charge back. That will be close to 2 weeks from when I placed the order.

D

Deleted member 60

We've been forced to do so a handful of times. One time it was Blow's...'er...a..Lowes.....and it was for a decent chunk of change. You'd think a big retailer would have a pathway to solve such issues...but nope. Quite the opposite. Fuckers had no clue all the way around. Bought the merch (granite countertop) in April...installed/fucked up in May. Called a zillion times from May til July....always a new "manager" who wanted to make things right but then never followed through. This went on like 6 times. Once the got a guy to come out he looked at the countertop and said "I;m not touching it"...and walked out. The next guy did a fix that made it palletable/look OK....but by then the war was on and I was pissed.

We then filed a $4500 chargeback and waited the 45 days for them to respond. Surely that would raise a flag somewhere. Nope. The only response we got was an email telling us they'd give us $1000 back on our purchase...LOL. Got that fucker free...but damn...what a bunch of fucktards.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Just got my shipping notification. I'm still a little bothered that he didn't answer my email or text, though, so I might just start ordering from digikey again in the future. I'm a little bummed out, because he was great to order from in the past, but I just don't like feeling like I'm playing roulette with online orders.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I priced putting together a setup , looking online found a 720 watt on Amazon that cost 300 dollars . Covers a 4x4 and the light is 44x 45 inches. It's blast. Hitting 900 ppfd at full blast. I honestly couldn't build a light for half what I paid in parts. Lights came a Ling ways in past few years. Quality lights can be got on the cheap for real.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I priced putting together a setup , looking online found a 720 watt on Amazon that cost 300 dollars . Covers a 4x4 and the light is 44x 45 inches. It's blast. Hitting 900 ppfd at full blast. I honestly couldn't build a light for half what I paid in parts. Lights came a Ling ways in past few years. Quality lights can be got on the cheap for real.
There are some decent lights for cheap now but I personally have a hard time trusting some of these Chinese manufacturers who are selling them for so cheap. I worry about them using straight up knockoff diodes and drivers or using ones that didn't quite meet QC standards from other manufacturers. That said, who knows if what I got from GrowDaddy isn't the same shit I'm worried about getting from Chinese manufacturers. I was pretty disappointed to see burned out diodes on two strips after only a couple of years. The lights I built for my 4X4 were the first ones I built. I got all the strips and drivers for that from Digikey and those lights have had no issues at all. When it's time t o get a new light, then the prices should be even lower, so I'll probably get something I can just plug in and hang.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
There are some decent lights for cheap now but I personally have a hard time trusting some of these Chinese manufacturers who are selling them for so cheap. I worry about them using straight up knockoff diodes and drivers or using ones that didn't quite meet QC standards from other manufacturers. That said, who knows if what I got from GrowDaddy isn't the same shit I'm worried about getting from Chinese manufacturers. I was pretty disappointed to see burned out diodes on two strips after only a couple of years. The lights I built for my 4X4 were the first ones I built. I got all the strips and drivers for that from Digikey and those lights have had no issues at all. When it's time t o get a new light, then the prices should be even lower, so I'll probably get something I can just plug in and hang.
I have horticulture lighting group boards with burnt diodes all over.