Ethos Genetics

suthrngrwr

Transcendental Humanist, AnCap & Weed Enthusiast
Talked to my friend who is an Ethos loyalist and he is still having issues. Well over 2 years and he always has an excuse as to why his plants didn't finish well. Neither potency or terps come through for him. Bag appeal is decent and he sells a shitload of it to average Joe somehow but he admits its average to below average at best. The kind of weed you smoke whennits all you have.
Thing is guy has been growing for decades and AWAYS had fire. He swears its all his learning curve with Coco and more lights causing the issues but I think hes just brainwashed by Colin's schtick somehow.
Its crazy because they really look nice, are sticky and are loud AF but it doesn't ever stay after chop.
Tells me he'll call when it's dialed in. I never hear from him anymore except when one of his gromies drops something good off.
Anyone have good luck with a final ready to smoke product?
Yeah I’m sure I will. I’m growing out Ethos Orange Kush Cake, different phenotypes all around, clear Wedding Cake/TK learners, a Cookies leaner and at least one Jilly Bean leaner. If your buddy is having issues with flavor and aroma persisting after harvest he needs to check his drying SOP. All issues with flower quality post harvest are caused by less than ideal drying conditions in my experience.

GCG

Dinosaur
Yeah I’m sure I will. I’m growing out Ethos Orange Kush Cake, different phenotypes all around, clear Wedding Cake/TK learners, a Cookies leaner and at least one Jilly Bean leaner. If your buddy is having issues with flavor and aroma persisting after harvest he needs to check his drying SOP. All issues with flower quality post harvest are caused by less than ideal drying conditions in my experience.
Ya, he is then first to say its his fault so it probably is. I just dont understand how he's grown shit genetics over so many years and still produced really good bud then once he gets access to modern crosses he can't seem to get it dialed in. I wish he mixed it up some with other breeders. With only one its hard not to wonder whats going on.
I go back and forth. I look at most seed packs as potential lottery tickets. May get lucky and find that special pheno but not likely. Special meaning not just a keeper but something that should be shared.
Ethos has a place in my collection, not sure when it'll get into my garden.

GCG

Dinosaur
I got them at the seed source. $200 for 6 strains 5 fem seeds each. Couldn't ever get myself to spend 100 a pack on them but figured this was cheap enough. Dont know when I'll grow them though. I have too many seeds. It's just dumb. Have sworn off buying more. Waiting on a delivery from Hazeman and one from Area 51 and then Im done. For real
I think

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I got them at the seed source. $200 for 6 strains 5 fem seeds each. Couldn't ever get myself to spend 100 a pack on them but figured this was cheap enough. Dont know when I'll grow them though. I have too many seeds. It's just dumb. Have sworn off buying more. Waiting on a delivery from Hazeman and one from Area 51 and then Im done. For real
I think
Haha! No you're not.
How long you been collecting?
I have 100 packs of GPS alone. lol
Sounds to me like you're just getting into "stride". lol
Seed companies love you! lol
You have now became an official "Hoarder". lol

GCG

Dinosaur
Well.....ordered years ago from Herbies but those are long gone.
When Colorado went Recreational and started selling seeds in dispensaries I would bring a few home from ski trips. The Bank and Dutch girl garbage beans were all I found at first then I found dark horse and a few packs of 303.
Wasn't until May of this year that I found GPS and went crazy. Then this forum introduced me to DCSE, GLG and a few other banks and now I'm a hoarder.
Went from 2 packs in May to just under 200 now.

Hellmudd bones

Does anybody know how that fanclub works? They just sent me an email saying to pay 400 or so dollars to join but there was no explanation?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I started collecting again in 2001. I couldn't tell you how many different breeds I have. I have over 30 White Widow crosses alone. Still have Dejameen (Early creator of Widow line) Mystery Widow and Widow Skunks in original packs.

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
You dont have 303's biochem by chance do ya? Or know where to find them?@GCG and I agree dutch girl seeds are garbage.. picked up way too many while there myself. ghost train haze crosses my ass

Last edited:

GCG

Dinosaur
You dont have 303's biochem by chance do ya? @GCG and I agree dutch girl seeds are garbage.. picked up way too many while there myself. ghost train haze crosses my ass
I don't have them. One of my regrets. Stopped at Medicine man like 4 years ago and they had those on their ahelf. At that point I was still scared of bringing them home so passed. Never saw then again.

smokieokie

Insanely Active Member
I don't have them. One of my regrets. Stopped at Medicine man like 4 years ago and they had those on their ahelf. At that point I was still scared of bringing them home so passed. Never saw then again.
I hadn't seen anyone ever mention 303 so figured I'd ask lol. Thanks for letting me know. Their biochem is top notch stuff.
Ok I'm done clogging thread, sorry.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Just peeped out a clone shop local to me and this is their current clone offering from Ethos:

ETHOS HASH
LIL' DIAMOND
SOUR SUNDAE
MO' ROCKIN KUSH
PLANET OF THE GRAPES
10TH PLANET
CANDY STORE
ORANGE KUSH CAKE
RAIN MAKER
BANANA DADDY
COLIN OG
CHEM OG
SNOWBALL
GRANPA'S STASH
MANDARIN ZKITTLES

There any "must haves" on the list?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Just peeped out a clone shop local to me and this is their current clone offering from Ethos:

ETHOS HASH
LIL' DIAMOND
SOUR SUNDAE
MO' ROCKIN KUSH
PLANET OF THE GRAPES
10TH PLANET
CANDY STORE
ORANGE KUSH CAKE
RAIN MAKER
BANANA DADDY
COLIN OG
CHEM OG