Eso's tester comp!

Cfeezzie

Super Active Member
Orange berry smoothie. 53 days from flower. I'm normally no good with smells but i smelled this before. Im getting a little orange then that burnt rubber smell from tires burning out. Had a lvtk that smelled like this minus the orange hints. Can wait to see what the high is like on this one. The LVTK was a great smoke.20191023_125813.jpg20191023_125839.jpg

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Orange berry smoothie. 53 days from flower. I'm normally no good with smells but i smelled this before. Im getting a little orange then that burnt rubber smell from tires burning out. Had a lvtk that smelled like this minus the orange hints. Can wait to see what the high is like on this one. The LVTK was a great smoke.View attachment 26786View attachment 26787
That sounds like the oran jones #1, the mom to this cross, slight citrus with that funk. Looks good man!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
So just as a warning or word of caution, I did have the 2 AVG throw some preflower balls. I'm fairly certain it is due to light leaks. The grape sato's blueberry lineage is what I think is triggering the nanners with light stress. I'll keep y'all updated, I plucked so hopefully they stay gone.

The reason I think it was light stress/interrupted dark cycle is because those sad rock wool seedlings I chopped a month ago were further along in flower and were even showing resin and none of those 8 seedlings had nanners or balls. And those plants were far more stressed, hell their entire root systems died and they were thrown back into veg for like 5 days and then back into flower.

In the sad rock wool batch there was 1 avg, 2 welchies, 1 obsm #1, 1 dbb, 2 black grape dumdum that all flowered long than the girls that I have now that showed balls. So I'm fairly certain they handle nutrient and root stress fine but I'm thinking light leaks are the culprit.

Perhaps that's what got me with some Cannaventure gear I ran a while back? I was fairly certain it wasn't but now I'm going have to hop in the dark tent this weekend and look for leaks... Noobs, smh

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I love running bubble haven’t, ran any since March. Planning on running the plants I seed as a whole plant after I shuck
That's what I'm planning on doing with lvtk chuck. Have my testers for buds and seed crop for hash. Then I'm gonna run pheno hunts till next spring and wait to chuck anymore till then. Need to re-up mothers, bud to smoke and hash too!

SSGrower

Average Grower
So just as a warning or word of caution, I did have the 2 AVG throw some preflower balls. I'm fairly certain it is due to light leaks. The grape sato's blueberry lineage is what I think is triggering the nanners with light stress. I'll keep y'all updated, I plucked so hopefully they stay gone.

The reason I think it was light stress/interrupted dark cycle is because those sad rock wool seedlings I chopped a month ago were further along in flower and were even showing resin and none of those 8 seedlings had nanners or balls. And those plants were far more stressed, hell their entire root systems died and they were thrown back into veg for like 5 days and then back into flower.

In the sad rock wool batch there was 1 avg, 2 welchies, 1 obsm #1, 1 dbb, 2 black grape dumdum that all flowered long than the girls that I have now that showed balls. So I'm fairly certain they handle nutrient and root stress fine but I'm thinking light leaks are the culprit.

Perhaps that's what got me with some Cannaventure gear I ran a while back? I was fairly certain it wasn't but now I'm going have to hop in the dark tent this weekend and look for leaks... Noobs, smh
Appreciate the transperancy, so forgive the bluntness.
If it were light leaks then why not all plants?
Correct me where I am wrong here,
Grape sato pollen donor for all testsrs? Why daddy's fault? Educate me.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Appreciate the transperancy, so forgive the bluntness.
If it were light leaks then why not all plants?
Correct me where I am wrong here,
Grape sato pollen donor for all testsrs? Why daddy's fault? Educate me.
I'm not sure if it is daddy's fault but there is sensitivity in the blueberry genes so I'm just assuming that could be a factor but I think light leak is seeming more likely.

The reason just these 2 would be showing balls and not the others is were these 2 were located in the tent, right next to the open front door. I leave the front door cracked to help pull in more air. Right were those plants were sitting for the first 5-8 days of couple different times during lights out, 3:00 am - 4:30 pm, I accidentally turned on the room light for a couple minutes before my stoner ass realized what I did. Another time I had the window in the room open and the thumb tack holding the curtain blew off while I was at work so all day long the sun was most likely reflecting off the mylar floor and hitting the seedlings sitting right there.

Gotta climb in the tent this weekend just to make sure the other vent hole down low isn't letting in light right in that same corner of the tent as well.

I fucked the rock wool plants up while these AVG are healthy as funk, those rock wool plants never showed a single nanner while these healthy girls do have tiny balls. I'm gonna take clones of these 4 girls too and flower those out as well just to see if these 2 plants are herming out or just throwing those preflower balls from light stress.

The only other thing that may be in effect to is I put the seedlings right in to ffof soil so it might have been a little hot and stressed plants but I'm thinking it's the light. I'll keep everyone updated for sure.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I was able to get this one out of the back. OBSM Day 43. I put it on the autopot but i think i will take it off tomorrow and hand water it. I need to adjust the K more precisely.
1 tank with many strains is problematic.
I like that all you have to do is smell it. You know what strain it is. ORANGES. There may be a skunky funk but there is a lot of nasty skunky stuff around it so its hard to tell.
20191025_053143.jpg

20191025_053159.jpg
Here is the leaf discoloration.
20191025_053220.jpg
I will switch to a bloom focused feed for the duration (from MC)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have some Welchie that is dry enough to smoke...Wow i have some pile of seeds so this is going into hash. :D a couple more and i think i am on the other side of Seedland Ontario!

I cleaned up enough to smoke a doob. Welchie is the hardest hitter of the bunch. DBB was pretty rough on the melon but that Welchie really rocked me hard.

It has a weird flavor that comes from the LVTK i would imagine. It is a burnt rubberish garage kind of taste with a skunky back note and a bit of sweetness. This is no velvet sledgehammer. This is the skull ripper.

I LOVE IT ! Another fine seed. All 3 so very different and uniquely fantastic. Well done Eso!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I have some Welchie that is dry enough to smoke...Wow i have some pile of seeds so this is going into hash. :D a couple more and i think i am on the other side of Seedland Ontario!

I cleaned up enough to smoke a doob. Welchie is the hardest hitter of the bunch. DBB was pretty rough on the melon but that Welchie really rocked me hard.

It has a weird flavor that comes from the LVTK i would imagine. It is a burnt rubberish garage kind of taste with a skunky back note and a bit of sweetness. This is no velvet sledgehammer. This is the skull ripper.

I LOVE IT ! Another fine seed. All 3 so very different and uniquely fantastic. Well done Eso!
Sucks it got seeded! But glad you got enough to roll a doob for a taste test. That flavor does sound like the funk side of lvtk. But gotta love the effect of the lvtk leaners they hit hard and I love it.

Can't wait to pop the g bubba x lvtk and cant wait to hit this sfv og cut with lvtk. Eso's og, yep