Eso's seeds and pollen chucks

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I don’t know if mine was genetics or not.
without knowing I’ve done it I had changed a lot of things in my room all at once. and it’s been quite difficult trying to get back to ground zero. as I said in my grow journal I’ve had some light issues that I did not know that I had. I had dimmers on my LED fixtures that were making my lights flicker throughout the day once they warmed up. I have no alleviated that problem so now we’ll see what happens. i’ve never tried to blame a breeder or a chucker for my issues. I’ve just always tried to look at myself first.... Something most of the nation needs to do right now instead of pointing fingers
The problem is so many growers point the fingers at the breeders with no proof. IMO, dealing with hermaphrodites is always a risk when you are dealing with smaller scale breeders unless they’ve been around for a long time and they are known for solid lines. If specific growers can’t handle taking chance then they shouldn’t. I just had some regular seeds where all 4 females I kept (2ea from 2 strains) grew sacs and I dealt with it. I plucked all I could see and only one plant got heavily pollinated. It really isn’t a huge issue if you grow for yourself and friends but, if you are growing to sell, then you should be sticking to things you know are solid. I don’t know if this discussion is relared to Eso, or not, but the Twinkle Tarts and Dynoberry Bites I grew from him turned out to be some of the best shit I’ve grown to date. Everyone who’s tried it keeps coming back for more

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
The problem is so many growers point the fingers at the breeders with no proof. IMO, dealing with hermaphrodites is always a risk when you are dealing with smaller scale breeders unless they’ve been around for a long time and they are known for solid lines. If specific growers can’t handle taking chance then they shouldn’t. I just had some regular seeds where all 4 females I kept (2ea from 2 strains) grew sacs and I dealt with it. I plucked all I could see and only one plant got heavily pollinated. It really isn’t a huge issue if you grow for yourself and friends but, if you are growing to sell, then you should be sticking to things you know are solid. I don’t know if this discussion is relared to Eso, or not, but the Twinkle Tarts and Dynoberry Bites I grew from him turned out to be some of the best shit I’ve grown to date. Everyone who’s tried it keeps coming back for more
Yes everything I Gee of his was good, NOW after I made some room changes ... every bodies stuff hermied.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
He sent me those. For free fem seeds. I fuck3d it up. They hermed. I didnt blame him. I changed my ways.. I like to build,lights. I had around 600watts in a 4x4. The watering was iffy and the ambuent ligbt may have played a role. The nutes. Who knows. That twinkle tarts was good,thoufh

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I’ve went years without a single seed caused by nanners and then bam I got those little bitches. I’m still hashing out why. I finally got it..... I think:(:(:):):):)
My first hermies were from an auto being a nanner virgin I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on them suddenly it became obvious the entire flower room was seeded at one level or another in a fit I tossed the whole room lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's beginning to infect growers crops and seeds like a virus now.
I'm almost thinking it came from the Ruderalis side by chance.
History of landraces, is their any account of that trait?
Hermis started showing up more and more at the beginning of the Auto-flowering era.
You don't know what you're growin' unless you've been growing the same isolated genetics for many years.
The first hermi I ever had came from the "Grape Ape" line.
One thing I ***HEARD*** is that it could be part of the feminization process. Like, a plant that is easy to reverse may have male tendencies that make it easy to reverse or something like that, so picking the right plant to reverse before actually chucking might be the issue.

So the one you think is a stud-ette that produces the most pollen and then beans might produce the most likelihood of havng herms in the batch. Or not.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
One thing I ***HEARD*** is that it could be part of the feminization process. Like, a plant that is easy to reverse may have male tendencies that make it easy to reverse or something like that, so picking the right plant to reverse before actually chucking might be the issue.

So the one you think is a stud-ette that produces the most pollen and then beans might produce the most likelihood of havng herms in the batch. Or not.
It's a "give and take" relationship with certain traits. You breed for this so and so trait, you get this other trait that piggy backs along with that "certain" trait you were after. I think originally they were finding these "stressed" plants that produced balls and thought it was a good thing. Over generations, the trait became more dominant in the future genetics. And here we are today, with the trait in 3/4 of the seeds produced.
I have a few of H's "self- pollinated" competition plant seeds going now. If they start producing balls, I'm tossing all of those seeds away. I don't want that shit near my breeding plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's a "give and take" relationship with certain traits. You breed for this so and so trait, you get this other trait that piggy backs along with that "certain" trait you were after. I think originally they were finding these "stressed" plants that produced balls and thought it was a good thing. Over generations, the trait became more dominant in the future genetics. And here we are today, with the trait in 3/4 of the seeds produced.
I have a few of H's "self- pollinated" competition plant seeds going now. If they start producing balls, I'm tossing all of those seeds away. I don't want that shit near my breeding plants.
What is wierd is that I have had a few of those that just showed up on the lower part, and even the middle of a stem right about three weeks into flower. but after a round of nut-picking for maybe a week that was it.

Another thing could go back to the fact that some of those popular strains were all from herms. The Chems, Cookies, and a few others I can't remember right now. But they are in a LOT of todays strains. If you were to peg them all on that Galaxy then see everything they touched I'm sure it would be a fat spiderweb.

Deez. Nutz

The Kings Kush and the Somango of mine both hermi late in flower.
And maybe 10% hermi trait progressed into the offspring of seed I made. It wasn't a problem for me, but damn, some of this newer stuff,
herms if you look at the bitches wrong. lol
That's why I no longer touch anything Thai. I swear you have to whisper how sexy she is every time you walk past or she will throw pollen. I had a whole grow seeded from that weed.

BREWTUS

Cheers
I'm currently enjoying the orangeberry smoothie. Great smell, and terps. She's a pleasure to smoke. I wanted to let her go a bit longer, but the high is still nice. I recently flipped a Vegas sunset to flower but unfortunately shim was throwing more balls than I wanted to try and pluck so I gave it the chop. I am not discouraged though as I still have dinoberry bites, and black grape dum dums on deck that I would still like to try out sooner than later

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
What is wierd is that I have had a few of those that just showed up on the lower part, and even the middle of a stem right about three weeks into flower. but after a round of nut-picking for maybe a week that was it.

Another thing could go back to the fact that some of those popular strains were all from herms. The Chems, Cookies, and a few others I can't remember right now. But they are in a LOT of todays strains. If you were to peg them all on that Galaxy then see everything they touched I'm sure it would be a fat spiderweb.
things like this are good to know

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I'm currently enjoying the orangeberry smoothie. Great smell, and terps. She's a pleasure to smoke. I wanted to let her go a bit longer, but the high is still nice. I recently flipped a Vegas sunset to flower but unfortunately shim was throwing more balls than I wanted to try and pluck so I gave it the chop. I am not discouraged though as I still have dinoberry bites, and black grape dum dums on deck that I would still like to try out sooner than later
Dinoberry and black grape are both excellent

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I don’t mind buying seeds from a chucker. But our expectations have to be within reason. I mean chances are the crosses that they have made have not been tested to see what their traits are they may have been tested for germination rate but that’s probably about it. But I would say typically the plants or the seeds that you purchase probably don’t fall too far from the original two crosses. And typically if you found something that you like three years later you probably won’t be able to purchase those same seeds again. I’ve had great luck with Eso Seeds! And while I’m here and have some peoples attention I would like to say one thing about some digital timers! Vivosun timers do not shut off all of the electricity coming through the receptacles. The electricity that trickles through a timer when it is turned off is enough to light a diode on a power strip. If you don’t believe me test it