Eastys Treats

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yeah me too mate, has always been my favourite! I've still got a heap of blueberry seeds to get popped in the near future so I'll let you know when I do :)
Out of curiosity. Do you know when you bought your seeds. So what I've gathered from reading and if memory serves me right 99-00 blueberry around the cup win time was amazing. Today's blueberry has been overly bred and in turn has taken away from flavor, scent and potency. Any input on that?

Easty

Super Active Member
Out of curiosity. Do you know when you bought your seeds. So what I've gathered from reading and if memory serves me right 99-00 blueberry around the cup win time was amazing. Today's blueberry has been overly bred and in turn has taken away from flavor, scent and potency. Any input on that?
The blueberry seeds I got were from Marc Emery back in 1997, I used those to make F2's (or whatever gen they were back then) and then used them to hit the NL#5. So you could say they were pre-2000 blueberry. You're right, the blueberry these days has lost its vigor and all it has is looks and flavour, no real potency these days!

Easty

Super Active Member
What kind of smell did you get from the jack shit ? Got these from southern cross on IG. Couldn't find any info. On them. ThanksView attachment 12895
Hey mate, from what I've grown and friends close by have found, we got some spicey with rotten fruit undertones and some have that old sweet northern lights smell as well. One of mine was straight old NL sweetness and it was a great night time strain, I slept like a log off it!
Plants can grow tall too so they may require staking. A friend just sent me these photo's from this pheno too...
IMG_20190704_101027_069.jpg

IMG_20190704_101027_068.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't too clear but it gives you a good idea of how they grow :)
Cheers for the interest mate and if you need anything else, hit me up!!

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
The blueberry seeds I got were from Marc Emery back in 1997, I used those to make F2's (or whatever gen they were back then) and then used them to hit the NL#5. So you could say they were pre-2000 blueberry. You're right, the blueberry these days has lost its vigor and all it has is looks and flavour, no real potency these days!
Easty that is amazing! Truly amazed by that. Didn't expect a backstory like that. Wow. 🤩🤣🤪I'll be following closely. I'm blessed with my blueberry I've come to realize. Your blueberry has got to be phenomenal! Lol

Easty

Super Active Member
Easty that is amazing! Truly amazed by that. Didn't expect a backstory like that. Wow. 🤩🤣🤪I'll be following closely. I'm blessed with my blueberry I've come to realize. Your blueberry has got to be phenomenal! Lol
Yeah I feel blessed to have known back then to keep some around instead of just growing them out and throwing the males! I'll be doing a proper release of the NLxBB at some stage as well and both lines individually once i have the space! It is a special cultivar for sure!!

Easty

Super Active Member
Do you know anything about "landrace blueberry" i have some that our friend dan,gifted me:unsure:
Yeah I'm not sure of the landrace blueberry mate, I have a feeling it's a backcross to the purple thai heritage and it maintained the sativa traits. I've got some as well and will pop them with the others to find out..also will be popping the rest of the old blue moonshine too, if this one I have now is anything to go by, that is going to be one phenomenal project 😎

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yeah I feel blessed to have known back then to keep some around instead of just growing them out and throwing the males! I'll be doing a proper release of the NLxBB at some stage as well and both lines individually once i have the space! It is a special cultivar for sure!!
And on that note I'd like to go ahead and put my order in for three packs maybe four lol. I couldn't being myself to let my BB go. Fuck that. I'm tryna preserve her.