Dstroy’s grow

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
That is a cool CMH. A 500 watt bulb AND they have red spectrum 500 watt CMH bulbs. Bet that would flower nice.
Expensive but they last a long while

And enter the PotM ! Why not you can win ! :) That grape ape is superb. And I love grape. Grape everything. wonderful flavor.

Look at that far red boosted 3k bulb. And they come in 315 500 and 630 1000 double enders

1576526267891.png

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
I had to check that out. That is the first time i have seen that 500w cmh. That light is going to be killer. Hopefully you will not have a heat issue. As i have stated before you should get some of those photo's in the POTM several i see that could easily win. That light you built is like the big brother to the one i built the 515 sport.
I don’t think I’ll have a heat issue, the way I’m planning on using it is to just get a little bit more light but spread it out some more.

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
That is a cool CMH. A 500 watt bulb AND they have red spectrum 500 watt CMH bulbs. Bet that would flower nice.
Expensive but they last a long while

And enter the PotM ! Why not you can win ! :) That grape ape is superb. And I love grape. Grape everything. wonderful flavor.

Look at that far red boosted 3k bulb. And they come in 315 500 and 630 1000 double enders

View attachment 36226
Yeah I’ve got two bulbs, flower and 10k finisher. Cool stuff. Going to control it with 0-12v. Excited for the cmh!

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Nice and with the 10k, didn't know they had those. Don't guess you could turn the cmh around 90° bet you thought about it though.
I really like my 315s and also the old 330s for 400w mag ballast, 330s are all 4k but are great veg lights. It may just be me but I could swear those 330s outperform the 315 4200k bulb. I know there's 15w there but square wave should trump sine wave.

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
Nice and with the 10k, didn't know they had those. Don't guess you could turn the cmh around 90° bet you thought about it though.
I really like my 315s and also the old 330s for 400w mag ballast, 330s are all 4k but are great veg lights. It may just be me but I could swear those 330s outperform the 315 4200k bulb. I know there's 15w there but square wave should trump sine wave.
I could, but it doesn't fit the same way and blocks the fan oscillating by about 1/4"

GCG

Dinosaur
Dont know much about the footprint you'll get but seeing how close the Cobs(?) are along the sides would it benefit you to add one in the middle at each end. The CMH will give you what 3 x 3 for flower. Or do the cobs spread enough to overlap from side to side?
Bad ass light either way I like it. Just got quantam boards, now have to figure out how to keep my 315 in the mix too.

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
Dont know much about the footprint you'll get but seeing how close the Cobs(?) are along the sides would it benefit you to add one in the middle at each end. The CMH will give you what 3 x 3 for flower. Or do the cobs spread enough to overlap from side to side?
Bad ass light either way I like it. Just got quantam boards, now have to figure out how to keep my 315 in the mix too.
Wouldn't work, wouldn't leave enough room for the fan, that's more like the way it was before I got the cmh and there was just leds in there.

It's a 500w cmh, should be plenty for a 4x4 on its own.

I have a quantum board that I use for my moms, love it.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I think there is more than meets the eye (in both visual and numbers) with the CMH. Even if not as a main source of light the results from various growers (think Capt's 515 sport, and me included to a much lesser extent) have been nothing but positive and intriguing. Definitely very interested on how and what dstroy's light will produce (y)
I will say that all of my CMH exposed buds have been remarkably different than the others.